[Inside Government] EuroChoice Awards a Success

EuroChoice Awards a Success
Festivities See High Turnout and Activity

Written by Maowi

Likely one of the most highly anticipated events of the New Year period, the Europeian Choice Awards - EuroChoice - returned in full force for reflection on and celebration of the achievements and stars of 2020. A platform promise of the president and vice president in the December 2020 election, the Ministry of Culture officially announced the event on January 10 with a scheduled start of January 25. Calvin Coolidge (Calvin) of the Organisation of Independent Media leaped into action with a call for authors to produce nomination pieces for Europeian of the Year, the most prestigious award available in the event. The selection of articles - nominations for Calvin, Lloenflys, Pichtonia, Monkey, Prim, Darkslayer, and Istillian - was published over the three days preceding EuroChoice; in anticipation of the event, Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) Radio also put out a speculation broadcast featuring Calvin and GraVandius.

The festival subforum was opened to the public on the following day, with participants making their entrance on the celebrated Red Carpet, as well as the launch of a variety of forum games. Nominations remained open for five days, garnering seventeen responses, and the final vote was held the next day. In an intriguing turn of events, two run-off votes had to be held, between Darkslayer and Pichtonia for Europeian of the Year, and between Deepest House and Kharn for Campaign of the Year. Furthermore, as a new addition present for the first time in this year’s event, the Office of the Supreme Chancellor announced its third Community Betterment Award winner as part of the celebrations.

In line with the recent explosion of EBC Radio activity hosted on Twitch, the final award ceremony was conducted as a video stream, complete with a specially created slide show. Among the winners announced live by Sopo, Calvin, and GraVandius were, notably, Pichtonia for Europeian of the Year, Darkslayer for Rising Star of the Year, and EuroPride 2020 for Event of the Year. A recording of the ceremony is also available on EBC Radio’s Mixlr showreel.

The success of EuroChoice 2020 is a reflection of the many triumphs and accomplishments Europeia saw over the past year. In a statement to the EBC, Minister of Culture Lime praised the "very high engagement from the community when it came to voting, making nominations, and getting involved in the activities and games." The turnout of 43 participants in the main vote was, to him, particularly impressive. "We also had some special radio shows and weekend games for the event, which I know went down well, and the final reveal of the winners via Twitch added an extra level of excitement that was great to see. I am hugely grateful and proud of the work done by our Culture Ministry and everyone involved in it, and would like to thank each of them for their hard work, and also thank everyone who got involved in EuroChoice."

All that is left now is to look forward through 2021, and strive to use what we achieved in 2020 to soar higher still.

A very nice recap of a successful and fun event. It was the first EuroChoice for me so I have nothing to compare it with, but I definitely enjoyed it!

I hope that many, like Seva, went away from it with a positive impression. I enjoyed the festivities and think this article is a great representation of them! Thank you!

Back