[Inside Government] End-of-term Senate Satisfaction Polling Analysis

End-of-term Senate Satisfaction Polling Analysis
An analysis into the Senate end-of-term satisfaction poll

Written by SkyGreen24

Introduction
The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) ran a poll on Senate satisfaction from October 31 to to November 6. There were 23 respondents, 4 more than when a similar poll was conducted in early October.

Overall Satisfaction
The overall satisfaction with the Senate has dropped from the staggering 84.2 percent in the midterm poll: satifaction with the Senate now sits at 56.5 percent, similar to the 57.2 percent of the previous Senate. The comments mainly focused on the lack of activity in the Senate, which seems to have contributed to the drop in satisfaction and increase in neutral views on the performance of the Senate.

I felt like this term was very sluggish.
Meh. It did some good lawyer work at the start, but activity slowed down considerably and none of the discussions really shaped regional discussion.
One of the sleepiest Senates we’ve had in awhile
Got quiet toward the end. RL sucked everyone up.
Honestly never really paid attention
No comments in general
Just inactive

Senate Speaker Darkslayer
Darkslayer receives an approval of 78.3 percent, nearly exactly the same as in the midterm poll. The performance was strongly approved by 43.5 percent of respondents, which indicates a small drop in comparison to the midterm. Furthermore, Darkslayer, unlike most other Senators, saw a drop of neutral opinions compared to the midterm and has the lowest amount of neutral opinions among all current Senators. Since this is Darkslayer's third consecutive term, it is safe to assume that that has solidified the region's opinion on him. Moreover, the comments paint a very clear picture of approval, lauding his skills both as Speaker and Senator, with several indicating that they would like to see Darkslayer serve in the Senate again.
Proved to be an excellent speaker and senator, hope to see him return to this position soon.
Dark was on of the few Senators who was consistently active
Darkslayer has proven himself to be not only a competent Senator, but also a great Speaker
Dark was great!
Sad to see him go -- hope he returns soon.
The absolute worst
Sad to see him go.
He could’ve done more to drive activity with all the ongoing discussions. Not all his fault, but he is the Speaker so it falls to him.

Senator Aexnidaral
Aexnidaral has seen a significant drop in approval, from a cumulative approval of 73.7 percent down to 43.5 percent, which is also the same percentage of respondents that view Aexnidaral's performance neutrally. This may be seen as a reflection of the lowered activity from both the Senate and the Senator himself. Though the self-described "quiet back bench senator" has done as his platform suggests, this has yielded a decrease of strong approval going from 26.3 percent to 8.7 percent. Last but not least, the comments indicate that the main issue was Aexnidaral's lack of activity, with one comment even going so far as to judge him for supposedly prioritizing Balder over Europeia. Whether or not the commenter is aware that Aexnidaral is still dutifully fullfiling his roles as Attorney General, Minister of Justice, and World Assembly Delegate is unknown.
Said what he needed, although wish he was more active.
Never saw them do much, seems as if Balder is more important that Europeia these days for Aex.
None

Senator Forilian
First-time Senator Forilian sees his overall approval decrease from 68.4 percent to 52.2 percent, and overall disapproval increase from 15.8 percent to 21.7 percent. The disapproval initially seemed to have stemmed from the controversial actions Forilian took during the Cabinet confirmations. The increase in disapproval, as well as the increase in neutral opinions may have been caused by Forilian's drop in activity, which began with a leave of absence and culminated with a resignation from the Cabinet. While inactivity is not necessarily something that would cause dissatisfaction, combined with the fact that Forilian's last major move was viewed negatively, inactivity may have furthered along the deterioration of the public's opinion on Senator Forilian. The comments do not indicate anything in particular.
Unfortunately inactive
Pretty good term.

Senator Istillian
Istillian has received an overall approval of 73.7 percent, slightly lower than both the approval he received in the midterm as well as Speaker Darkslayer's approval. However, unlike the midterm, Istillian's supporters are now more enthusiastic, with 43.5 percent strongly approving. In comparison to another very popular Senator, Darkslayer, Istillian has been less active, so his popularity may be explained by the quality of his contributions, rather than the quantity. The two comments simply confirm the satisfaction with Senator Istillian's performance.
Good senator, didn't disappoint.
Good senator in general

Senator Josi
First-time Senator Josi, who convincingly won the by election received an overal approval of 60.9 percent, with a majority of 34.8 percent strongly approving. As an experienced lawmaker hailing from many British themed regions, Josi made a strong impact as they joined the region, which resulted in the aforementioned victory in the by election. Josi's performance does have a significant portion of neutral opinions, which is more likely due to the brevity of their term, rather than inactivity. Though their term was short, comments further show that Josi's performance has been viewed favourably.
Did good during the time of being elected.
A great new addition to the Senate, though their term was short they've proven their worth.
None
Not a big fan of her personally, but she’s the only one (other than Mal) that I’m giving a satisfied opinion of. She at least tried to be active.

Senator Malashaan
Veteran Senator Malashaan receives a nice approval rating of 69.6 percent, though lower than his 84.2 percent approval from the midterm. He shares the highest amount of very satisfied respondents alongside Darkslayer and Istillian, though he also received an increase in disapproval. As Malashaan was partially involved in the Cabinet confirmation controversy, the increase in neutral and disapproving opinions might have been a result of inactivity skewing the region's stance on Senator Malashaan, as it presumably happened with Senator Forilian as well. The comments are mainly positive, with one mentioning lowered activity, which further cements that one of the major qualms with this Senate is the decreased activity.
Little low on activity.
One of the greatest senators ever.
Same as I said for Josi, he at least tried to be active.

Re-Election?
Around half of the respondents support the re-election of Senators Darkslayer, Istillian, Josi and Malashaan, while Forilian and Aexnidaral receive the the second-lowest and lowest support, respectively. Comparing it to the midterm poll, all Senators have experienced a drop in re-election support, with Aexnidaral seeing the greatest drop, which coincides with him being the Senator with the lowest overall performance approval. Forilian's drop in support similary mimicks his lowered perfromance approval. Other Senators have experienced smaller drops in support, again reflecting the diminished performance approval of most Senators. Another factor that might help explain the drop in support is the fact that several Senators have openly stated that they will not be running for re-election.

Which individual(s) not in the current Senate would you like to see elected to the 76th Senate?
Minister of World Assembly Affairs and all around great guy SkyGreen24 has received the most support (6), with Lloenflys coming in as a not so close second with 3 comments supporting election. Baobab, Lime, JayDee, and Xecrio all received 2 comments of support, while Monkey and Minister of Communications Seva received one comment stating the wish to see them elected to the Senate. Compared to the midterm, support for SkyGreen24 increased, for Seva diminished, while Androxis, Drecq, Josi*, and Maowi were not mentioned this time. A majority of the responses were sent prior to all candidates announcing their standing for the Senate election, yet it seems to be part of the general trend other Senate[1][2][3] polls have shown.
*Josi was most likely not mentioned as they became a Senator in the meantime.
Sky, Baobab, Lloenflys
Lime, Sky
SkyGreen24, Xecrio, Lime
Overall this was a great group of people who cooperated perfectly with each other. Unfortunately rl really smacked them all and not all the work on the docket got done. (Hoping the treaty layout is done.)
You.
JayDee, Lloen, Sky, Nate
SkyGreen, JayDee, Seva, Lloenflys
Me, Baobab
SkyGreen, Monkey

Nice write-up Sky. These results are rather interesting; I didn't think there would be so many voters selecting "unsure."

Love your work in writing this up mate. As Xecrio mentioned, it's interesting seeing the unsure option selected so highly, although somewhat understandable.

Never saw them do much, seems as if Balder is more important that Europeia these days for Aex.

I want to address this comment specifically. Obviously, I was pretty quiet during the last bit of the term (and even took a LOA!) but I also did... pretty much the same as much of my colleagues and even authored an Amendment. That aside, my activity is a fair critique and one I can understand.

That said though, the rest of the comment, specifically about Balder is a bunch of, in honor of our President-elect, is a bunch of fuckin' malarkey. It is straight up a lie. Go on Balder's forums or their Discord and search and compare my posts there to my posts here. It'll leave you scratching your head as to where or how this could even be remotely true. I don't know who posted this nonsense but they really should be ashamed of themselves because conspiracy mongering is just stupid.

Whoever you are -- and let me not mince my words here -- fuck you, liar. 🤗

o_O I've seen some pretty weird comments in my times groaning over polls, but that takes the cake (I mean beside the ones that were sexist or hateful). From an FA perspective, that's an idiotic comment that I know no FA person would be making it.

At least, they better hope they're not in anything FA related.

I was not sure whether to put this in the article since I thought it might have been too far speculation, but my understanding is that while the Senate was low-activity, so were many people in the region overall, which dampened the certainty of opinions and moved many towards the unsure/neutral territory.

Regarding the Aex comment; untrue and even if it were true, unnecessary. The last line there reminding people that Aex still does a lot around Euro was very much on purpose.

Wow, what a hot steaming pile of opinion right there.

What a weird shot at Aex, Balder, and Europeia at the same time. I'd like to think that this commenter thinks more highly of Europeians than to buy this bunch of BS, but I don't know.

Whoever this is, peddle your bias somewhere else.

Lots of mentions for bao, certainly seems as if after this election their star is definitely on the rise.

Totally fair evaluation of my term. The activity in the second half of the term wasn't good enough across the board in the Senate, and RL got in the way of me doing much to push things forward. That's the sole reason I didn't run again - the Senate needs a group of people with the time to finish the things we started and the other projects that still need picking up.

I want to address this comment specifically. Obviously, I was pretty quiet during the last bit of the term (and even took a LOA!) but I also did... pretty much the same as much of my colleagues and even authored an Amendment. That aside, my activity is a fair critique and one I can understand.

That said though, the rest of the comment, specifically about Balder is a bunch of, in honor of our President-elect, is a bunch of fuckin' malarkey. It is straight up a lie. Go on Balder's forums or their Discord and search and compare my posts there to my posts here. It'll leave you scratching your head as to where or how this could even be remotely true. I don't know who posted this nonsense but they really should be ashamed of themselves because conspiracy mongering is just stupid.

Whoever you are -- and let me not mince my words here -- fuck you, liar. 🤗
This is why I love you

The "absolute worst" would like to thank the EBC for running this poll. It was a pleasure to work with this senate and I have enjoyed it wholeheartedly. But seriously thank you guys, we got some stuff done, and it was a good senate term in my opinion. Good luck to the next senate. :)

Back