[Inside Government] End of Term Senate Satisfaction Poll Analysis

End of Term Senate Satisfaction Poll Analysis
Results and Analysis

Written by Giovanniland

During the October 2021 general election, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) organized a poll in order to ask citizens' opinions on the performance of the Senate throughout the last term. The poll was open for approximately 4 days, from October 18 to 22, and earned 25 responses. This was the same turnout as registered in the midterm poll, allowing for more exact comparisons.

The 80th Senate, which this article seeks to analyze through poll responses, had some of its discussions heavily commented on by several citizens, such as the Cabinet Act (2021) seeking to enshrine in law a definition of certain ministries' roles needed for the government to function properly, and the Executive Policy Act (2021) proposing that the President address the Senate twice per term about the government's objectives. Furthermore, this Senate and also had to decide the outcome of the most recent presidential election.

Overall Satisfaction

Overall Senate - 60%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Senate as a whole?. Number of responses: 25 responses.
I’ve only recently been invested in the Senate. Not much to say
Probably not a Senate that will be remembered
With the Executive Policy Act, the Senate should have considered the options raised in the Grand Hall thread instead of rushing it through.

The overall Senate earned a satisfaction rating of 60%, a slight increase in comparison to the 52% result in the midterm poll. Nearly all of these responses were just satisfied, with only three of them stating they were very satisfied with the Senate's performance. There were also six neutral respondents, two dissatisfied, one very dissatisfied, and one who did not know. There were only three comments on this question, however they may help explain those ratings. For example, one of them stated that the 80th Senate might not be remembered, perhaps infering a reason as to why many citizens were neutral or satisfied instead of choosing the "Very Satisfied" option. Another commenter criticized the Senate's handling of the Executive Policy Act (2021), suggesting that it "should have considered the options raised in the Grand Hall thread instead of rushing it through".

Individual Senator Satisfaction

In this part of the poll, the senators were listed in descending order of performance and alphabetically when ties occurred.

Speaker Lloenflys - 92%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Speaker Lloenflys?. Number of responses: 25 responses.
It's Lloenflys as speaker. Not much else to say. Satisfied.
Not enough info to form an opinion
Nice guy

Similar to the midterm poll, Speaker Lloenflys achieved the highest satisfaction rating, although it rose from 80% to 92% in the meantime. The satisfied respondents were almost evenly divided between the "Satisfied" and "Very Satisfied" options, with 12 and 11 responses for each respectively. One person was dissatisfied, although they did not choose to voice their concerns in the comments, while the remaining response did not know. Three comments were made, one of them unsure about the Speaker and the other two supportive, demonstrating that Lloenflys remains as a good senator in the public's eyes.

Senator Darcness - 64%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator Darcness?. Number of responses: 25 responses.
Smart of him to bring in his agenda in the back half, glad he brought the authorship thing up, since it was forgotten since the election.
Unsure about Senate performance but generally pretty cool dude
Acts smarter than he is
The cabinet act was dumb
okay senator, bad ideas this time around, or rather bad execution

Senator Darcness attained a satisfaction rating of 64% in this poll, 8% higher in comparison to the midterm poll. There were all sorts of responses to this question, with six very satisfied, ten satisfied, two neutral answers, five dissatisfied, one very dissatisfied, and one unsure. The comments may help to explain this, with one of them praising that Darcness brought the Legislative Authorship Amendment (2021) to discussion, but others disapproving of the senator's ideas and execution, for example the Cabinet Act (2021). It is worth noting that some respondents approve of Darcness as a person but are unsure or skeptical of their ideas, meaning that Darcness has good characteristics but, at the same time, also has room for improvement as a senator.

Senator Sincluda - 60%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator Sincluda?. Number of responses: 25 responses.
Don’t know much about his Senate performance but personally he’s pretty cool
Sincluda has proven themselves to be an exceptionally engaged political player, however their never ending support of a literal slave owner (amongst other awful things that James Monroe has done and supported) puts a rather sad damper on their performance
Who?

Senator Sincluda reached the third highest satisfaction rating of this poll, namely 60%. However, this is a decrease in comparison to the midterm poll, in which they had achieved a rating of 72%. The other two fifths of respondents were divided between the other choices, notably four neutral, three disappointed and two very disappointed. There were also three comments regarding Sincluda, with different viewpoints. One comment praised Sincluda's political initiative and engagement in the region, but also stated that Sincluda's "never ending support of a literal slave owner [...] puts a rather sad damper on their performance," while another one approved of the senator personally.

Senator Kazaman - 56%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator Kazaman?. Number of responses: 25 responses.
Brought a nice idea forward
No info to form a comment
Good effort

Senator Kazaman returns a decent satisfaction rating of 56%, exactly the same as the performance in the midterm poll. Also when comparing the two polls, a notable happening is that Kazaman's disapproval fell from 28% to 16%, divided in half between dissatisfied and very dissatisfied responses, while the neutral share of respondents rose to from 16% to 24%. The comments echo this change, one applauding Kazaman's effort and another one expressing that Kazaman "brought a nice idea forward", presumably referring to the Executive Policy Act (2021), while none of the remaining dissatisfied respondents chose to write a comment.

Senator Peeps - 40%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Senator Peeps?. Number of responses: 25 responses.
He was so good in the first half, but all he said in the second is "I'm apathetic to this." Terrible back half, incredible first.
Peeps was a Senator?
Same as above
Expected better

Senator Peeps had the lowest satisfaction rating out of the five incumbent Senators, with only 40% of respondents choosing either the "Satisfied" or the "Very Satisfied" option in response to this question. This is a strong contrast to the midterm poll, in which Peeps had achieved a satisfaction rating of 68% and a fair amount of supportive comments. Six respondents were neutral, three were dissatisfied, and five were very dissatisfied in regards to Peeps' performance. The comments may help answer this, with a strong majority of them reproving of the senator's inactivity in the second half of the term. One commenter stated that Peeps "was so good in the first half" but noted that their only comment at all in the second half was "I'm apathetic to this," while another one expected a better second half by Peeps.

Other Questions

Senator Picks for Next Term

Forms response chart. Question title: Which senators would you like to see return next term? Check all those that apply.. Number of responses: 25 responses.
OD, HEM
PA, UPC, Malashaan
Pland Adanna, Olde Delaware
Gaudosia
Unsure
UPC, GraV

After the part of the poll containing satisfaction questions, respondents were also asked to give their opinions on other topics, such as their suggestions of members for the upcoming 81st Senate, and opinions on the discussions conducted by the 80th Senate during its second half. The first question was about whether any incumbent should be re-elected, and the second was about which other people the public would be interested in seeing as Senators after the election.

In regards to the incumbent Senators, Speaker Lloenflys (25) had the most support for a re-election, with every single respondent stating that they would like to see them return. Other three Senators, namely Sincluda (15), Kazaman (13) and Darcness (12), also attained support from around half of the respondents. Meanwhile, Peeps achieved the lowest amount of support, with only 5 respondents believing that they would like seeing them again in the Senate, while the "none of the above" option earned no responses. As for suggestions of incoming Senators, there was a fair amount of different mentions. Pland Adanna (PA), Olde Delaware (OD) and UPC were the only ones to be mentioned more than once. Gaudosia, GraVandius, HEM, and Malashaan each had one mention, and one respondent was unsure.

Opinions on Senate Discussions

Forms response chart. Question title: Do you agree with the Senate's handling of the Legislative Authorship Amendment (2021)? https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?threads/passed-legislative-authorship-amendment-2021.10057579/. Number of responses: 25 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Do you agree with the Senate's handling of the Cabinet Act (2021)? https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?threads/passed-cabinet-act-2021.10057606/. Number of responses: 25 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Do you agree with the Senate's handling of the Executive Policy Act (2021)?https://forums.europeians.com/index.php?threads/passed-executive-policy-act-2021.10057580/. Number of responses: 25 responses.

Finally, the last three questions each dealt with one of the three major discussions that happened in the Senate during the second half: the Legislative Authorship Amendment (2021), the Cabinet Act (2021), and the Executive Policy Act (2021). The Legislative Authorship Amendment (2021), proposed by Darcness, was the most agreed upon by respondents, with 88% supporting the way the Senate handled it. The remaining 12% of responses all had no opinion on the matter, with none disagreeing.

However, regarding the Cabinet Act (2021), also proposed by Darcness, was met with strong disapproval from the public: 64% criticized it, 8% had no opinion, and only 26% were satisfied with it. These figures are also supported by the Grand Hall discussion about the bill, in which 20 of the 35 respondents stated that they opposed the Cabinet Act. Finally, the other major discussion within the Senate during the second half was the Executive Policy Act (2021), proposed by Kazaman. Respondents were divided when asked about their opinion, with the same percentage (44%) supporting and opposing it, while the remaining 12% had no opinion.

Thanks for this, Gio!

however their never ending support of a literal slave owner (amongst other awful things that James Monroe has done and supported) puts a rather sad damper on their performance
I really take issue with this. First off, my satirical OOC interest shouldn't be affecting opinions on my IC performance. Second off, I've barely talked about James Monroe last term (like I said in my platform) outside of one-off references to my old shitposts (or weak new ones), and that was mainly on Discord, almost never on the forums.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, Gio!

however their never ending support of a literal slave owner (amongst other awful things that James Monroe has done and supported) puts a rather sad damper on their performance
I really take issue with this. First off, my satirical OOC interest shouldn't be affecting opinions on my IC performance. Second off, I've barely talked about James Monroe last term (like I said in my platform) outside of one-off references to my old shitposts (or weak new ones), and that was mainly on Discord, almost never on the forums.
Yeah this comment is a little odd...I think plenty of people pick avatars of random historical/fictional characters and hyper-scrutinizing that seems like...A Lot

Thanks for this, Gio!

Yeah this comment is a little odd...I think plenty of people pick avatars of random historical/fictional characters and hyper-scrutinizing that seems like...A Lot
I do feel it's borderline bullying how some people make it such a focal point of their interactions with Sincluda. Yes, we all understand historical figures have issues. Is Sincluda advocating for anything problematic? No. Can we leave it alone, please?

Lovely article Gio, you really shine in Comms!

As for the comments about Sincluda and his James Monroe thing, I feel like someone is being very agressive. There is a lot to criticize James Monroe about and you could even set up an argument that perhaps this kind of thing is not appropriate, but at least have the guts to do this publicly.

Also a less serious comment was the "Who?" I think anyone who followed any Senate discussion term should know about Sincluda

There were a lot of weird comments in this poll.

That's one way to demonstrate that, I guess :p

I think there was a time where Sin's whole Europeian identity was basically James Monroe where it was right to address and make clear that James Monroe is not exactly a role model, I think during that time a lot of us have said that publicly. Unless I'm ignorant or blind, however, I haven't seen that of Sincluda much (or I can't specifically remember any instance, tbh) in this last term. They moved on from that and politically matured. I'd find it more productive to encourage that rather than beating an old horse. With their energy, Sin was one of the bright spots to me last term.

Thank you for the article, Gio. Quite some interesting polling data!

I wasn't overly enthusiastic about last Senate myself and thought they neglected oversight in favour of legislating oversight (In what I found to be a bit of an overreach!). Our new Senate seems to do things a little differently, so I'm excited.

Reactions: Vor
There were a lot of weird comments in this poll.
Yeah. Might be time to being a bit more stern with what comments we do/don't allow.

Back