[Inside Government] End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll Analysis

End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll Analysis
Results and Analysis

Written by Giovanniland

During the February 2021 presidential election, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) organized a poll in order to ask citizens' opinions on the performance of the Executive throughout the last term. The poll was open for approximately 3 days, from February 19 to 22, and earned 26 responses. However, the number was 3 less than the midterm poll on the Executive. Nearly all satisfaction ratings dropped in comparison to the midterm poll, and the Navy, the ministry with the highest rating in the previous poll, suffered a drop of over 30%. Read the article to know more!

President, Vice President, Overall Satisfaction

Overall Executive - 88.4%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Executive Branch as a whole?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

The Executive overall has maintained a high satisfaction rating of 88.4%, although it dropped slightly from 89.65% in the midterm poll. Two thirds of these people were simply satisfied similar to the previous poll, but it is worth noting the number of very satisfied respondents rose from 17.2 to 26.9%. Two people were neutral, and only one was dissatisfied with the Executive's performance this term. One comment mentioned the controversy around the raid of The Embassy, which may be the reason many citizens opted for the "Satisfied" option, however another person expressed that said incident "should not cloud one's judgement" about the entire term. Other comments supported the Executive, citing high productivity and activity.

It's been pretty good. I don't think they've hit it out of the park though.
It was a very active term, with many interesting activities such as RoTW with TCB & TWP, EuroChoice and much more!
As a whole this term has been really productive
Great term apart from the Embassy debacle
The outcry regarding The Embassy should not cloud one's judgement regarding the otherwise incredible success the Executive had this term.

President Pichtonia - 76.9%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of President Pichtonia?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

President Pichtonia, who had the same satisfaction rating as the overall Executive in the midterm poll, dropped over 12 points and only achieved a rating of 76.9% in this poll. Additionally, the number of respondents who were very satisfied with him dropped from 44.8 to 19.2%. Four people expressed dissatisfaction with the president, including one very dissatisfied. Looking at the comments, it seems that the main reason for this change was the way Pichtonia handled The Embassy incident, and one person also commented about the lateness of publishing the re-election campaign for the February presidential election. Nevertheless, many respondents were satisfied with Pichtonia's term despite this controversy. One commenter even said they would support the re-election, which did not happen after a close runoff.

Successful president taking it for granted. Pretty disappointing to see.
Overall, satisfied. I feel like the biggest problem is communication and lack of responsiveness around The Embassy. Unfortunate timing for Pichto.
An active and responsible President, will support the re-election
Bar the last week or so, everything was peachy. I think the situation at the end could have been handled better but it's not entirely disastrous
The Embassy situation does not cancel out all that Pichto has done for Europeia. Keep it up (if you get re-elected)
I thought a quicker response on The Embassy was needed. I think juggling getting out the campaign which was later than it should have been with this FA snafu harangued an otherwise wonderful term!
Everything was great until you-know-what. Can't let that outshine the rest of the term so I am satisfied

Vice President Kuramia - 80.8%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Vice President Kuramia?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Vice President Kuramia returns a slightly higher satisfaction rating than the president, with 80.8%, which was also an increase compared to the midterm poll's 79.31% rating. Nearly half of all respondents were very satisfied with Kuramia's performance, which is higher than both the previous poll and the president's rating above. Furthermore, two people had a neutral opinion, while three people were either dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. The high satisfaction rating can also be seen in the comments, in which two respondents congratulated Kuramia on her effort this term. One commenter, however, criticised the vice president by saying they shouldn't escape the blame for "the failures of this administration or the ticket's failure to take re-election."

Shouldn't escape blame for the failures of this administration or the ticket's failure to take re-election seriously until the numbers tipped the other way.
I think being a VP is hard anyway, but Kura did well in this role
Kura, from what I've seen, has done a stellar job organizing and motivating everyone

Ministries Satisfaction

In a similar way to the recent midterm poll, the ministries were listed in descending order of performance in the poll, and alphabetically if there is a tie.

Ministry of World Assembly Affairs - 88.5%

Minister of World Assembly Affairs Seva - 73.1%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of World Assembly Affairs Seva?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs returned the highest satisfaction rating out of any ministry, though its 88.5% rating was lower than the highest midterm poll rating of 96.55%, achieved by the Europeian Republican Navy. The ministry also decreased slightly when comparing its own ratings between the polls, 93.1 versus 88.5%, but it left more respondents very satisfied than in the previous poll. Furthermore, both the ministry and its minister Seva earned "Very Satisfied" opinions from exactly half of all citizens who took the poll. However, Seva returns a slightly lower number of satisfied people and even two unsatisfied respondents, whereas the ministry itself received no dissatisfaction at all. It's worth noting there were no comments made about either the ministry or Seva, but one can deduce that some of the reasons for such a high approval could be the active production of Information for Voters and also the passage of the Security Council resolution to Commend HEM, authored by Sopo.

Ministry of Radio - 84.6%

Minister of Radio Xecrio - 73.1%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Radio?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Radio Xecrio?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

The Ministry of Radio maintained its position as the second highest rated ministry in comparison with the midterm poll, albeit with a lower rating of 84.6% as opposed to 93.1% in the previous poll. Half of all respondents were very satisfied with the ministry and none expressed dissatisfaction, but its minister Xecrio received a slightly smaller number of satisfied answers and even four dissatisfied ones. There is no doubt that the ministry's constant creation of shows and the increase in Twitch streams has secured a favorable opinion among the respondents, three of which praised its activity and content. However, two commenters noted Xecrio's lack of management within the ministry and some scheduling conflicts as a result, which may explain the dissatisfied respondents.

Light on planning. I don't see Nate actively managing the ministry. It is driven mostly by its staff.
One of the most active Radio terms I've seen, even though I haven't listened to many shows
Breaking records and getting Twitch going again, pretty awesome term
Scheduling got really messed up for a bit. I believe it's the minister's job to oversee and make sure there are no conflicts.
Awesome, amazing, brilliant, fantastic, great, world-class, top-notch, record-breaking, stellar, astonishing, unmatched, unbelievable, incredible, excellent

Ministry of Foreign Affairs - 80.7%

Minister of Foreign Affairs Monkey - 80.8%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Foreign Affairs Monkey?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its minister Monkey return nearly the same satisfaction rating, with over 80% of respondents satisfied. However, this is still a decrease of 9 points in comparison to the midterm poll's 89.65 rating for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Furthermore, Monkey received a slightly greater number of "Very Satisfied" answers and a smaller number of "Dissatisfied" ones compared to the ministry. This can be explained by the comments, in which respondents criticised the lack of activity in some parts of the ministry and its handling of the Union of Democratic States and The Embassy incidents. One commenter also expressed doubt about the region's Foreign Affairs policy, but supported Monkey's term.

Overall this administration has done a pretty good job in FA though I'm not sure how much that has to do with Monkey himself. The UDS thing was a little clumsier than it needed to be. The Embassy was a mess so not all perfect but there were successes. They need to be more "transparent" to keep folks from taking actions to damage the Executive's ability to effect good foreign policy.
I never saw The Watch conversations brought to the forums and Party People didn't seem utilized a lot.
I'm not convinced our FA policy was the best, but the FA minister definitely was. Big shoutout

Ministry of Communications - 77%

Minister of Communications SkyGreen24 - 76.9%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Communications?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Communications SkyGreen24?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Similar to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Communications also returned the same satisfaction rating for itself and its minister, SkyGreen24. Nearly 80% of the respondents were satisfied with the ministry, although this is lower than the midterm poll's 89.65 rating. The satisfaction graphs for the ministry and its minister were almost the same, except for the fact three more respondents were very satisfied with SkyGreen24. Some commenters highlighted the high quality of EBC articles and supported the ministry despite its goal of twenty published articles not being reached in time. One person complimented the minister but was disappointed with the term, which may explain the small number of dissatisfied answers.

Love SkyGreen. Pretty meh term in Comms.
Been good overall. I think they've been a bit late on something, but I don't really have any issues
Although the article goal failed, many in-depth articles were produced and EBC coverage of breaking news was done nicely
While the article goal was not reached, it almost was, and these articles were certainly of high quality

Ministry of Interior - 73.1%

Minister of Interior Vor - 73.1%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Interior?. Number of responses: 26 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Interior Vor?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

The Ministry of Interior ranked fifth among all ministries, although its satisfaction rating was not much lower in comparison to Foreign Affairs or Communications. Despite that, it was one of two ministries to increase its rating between the polls, rising from 72.41 to 73.1%. Also of note is the fact that the Minister of Interior Vor has fared better than its ministry, with three more "Very Satisfied" and no "Very Dissatisfied" answers, although the number of dissatisfied respondents for both Vor and the ministry is still significant. During the term, Interior has continued the games of Monopoly in order to increase recruitment and the "Success Stories" project, to name a few activities, which have support from the Europeian community as shown by a total of six favorable comments. However, one person was disappointed by "the region's abandonment of integration," noting that it should be addressed in the near future.

This region's abandonment of integration is something that needs to be addressed soon.
Monopoly is so fun and an excellent initiative
Great work
The Monopoly games went really well
Excellent first term for Vor
Look at the recruiting numbers, look at the consistency, look at the research paper - this was a perfect term

Ministry of Justice - 73%

Attorney General Lloenflys - 73.1%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Justice?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Attorney General Lloenflys?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

The Ministry of Justice is the other ministry that had its satisfaction ratings increase between the polls, rising from 68.97 to 73%. The ministry and its Attorney General (AG) Lloenflys received a high number of "Neutral" or "No Opinion" answers because its activity depends on the Senate. The ministry and Lloenflys received the same satisfaction ratings, although more respondents were very satisfied with the AG than the ministry. Lloenflys also received no dissatisfied answers, as opposed by two for the ministry. There was one comment from a law clerk, stating a lack of activity among the ministry staff including themselves, but also praising Lloenflys.

not too much engagement from the Law Clerks - including myself! But Lloen was stellar

Europeian Republican Navy - 65.4%

Grand Admiral Kazaman - 76.9%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Europeian Republican Navy?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Grand Admiral Kazaman?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

The Europeian Republican Navy (ERN) returned a satisfaction rating of 65.4%, a significant fall in comparison to the midterm poll's 96.55% rating, which may be explained by the controversy involving the raid of The Embassy, in which the ERN was present but later withdrew after unsuccesfully trying to stop the closures of thousands of embassies. Therefore, both the ERN and its Grand Admiral Kazaman earned four dissatisfied answers, although there was one more "Very Dissatisfied" opinion for the Navy. It's worth noting that three more people were satisfied with the GA than the Navy, and two commenters also complimented Kazaman's work. Other comments also highlighted the constant activity throughout the term, despite the Embassy incident, one person saying that "the Embassy situation should not detract from what Kaz[aman] has done for the Navy."

The Embassy aside, Kazaman has been one of the more effective GAs in modern history.
Very active with many ops throughout the term; personally I supported the Embassy raid despite the whole controversy but the later statement seemed good to me personally
Stellar term for the Navy
Again, the Embassy situation should not detract from what Kaz has done for the Navy. Bravo!
The whole term before the Embassy raid, and after - Very Satisfied. Embassy raid - Very Unsatisfied. But I can't define the whole term by one raid, therefore I still put a Satisfied there

Ministry of Culture - 53.8%

Minister of Culture Lime - 42.3%

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of the Ministry of Culture?. Number of responses: 26 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the performance of Minister of Culture Lime?. Number of responses: 26 responses.

Last among all other ministries, the Ministry of Culture decreased in satisfaction ratings between polls by nearly 20%, with a rating of 72.41 in the midterm and 53.8 in this poll. Five people expressed their dissatisfaction with the ministry, but the number of dissatisfied answers for its minister Lime was double that. Lime also received the lowest satisfaction rating among all ministers, despite leading a term that included two Region of the Week (RoTW) events and also the yearly EuroChoice. One commenter showed interest in the RoTW events and weekend games, but all other comments were negative. Some of the issues mentioned were the minister's response to Senate oversight questions and concerns with weekend game schedules and the timing of EuroChoice events, which may help to explain the amount of dissatisfied opinions regarding both Lime and the ministry.

Interesting RoTWs and weekend games, though the minister's responses to oversight could be better and faster
I think it's weird that Lime's award at the end of the term more heavily emphasizes his past as MinComm rather than his current role as MinCult.
Lime's responses to oversight questions really put me off.
What happened to a weekend games schedule put out beforehand? Lots of late stuff with Eurochoice.

Cabinet Picks for Next Term

Following all the satisfaction questions, respondents were asked whether they would support any incumbent Cabinet member to return next term, and their ideas for other members that should be nominated for Cabinet positions. Among incumbent members, Grand Admiral Kazaman and Minister of Foreign Affairs Monkey were each supported by 18 different people. Minister of Communications SkyGreen24, Minister of World Assembly Affairs Seva, and Attorney General Lloenflys all follow with 17 respondents supporting that they stay in the next Cabinet. Minister of Interior Vor and Minister of Radio Xecrio are ranked slightly lower with 13 and 12 votes each, and Minister of Culture Lime only earned the support of 5 people. Furthermore, two other respondents answered "none of the above," meaning they would like to see an entirely new Cabinet. Regarding new Cabinet members, there were some names nominated by several people, and a few others also mentioned once or twice:

Darkslayer in almost any ministry. Prim in FA maybe. Sopo anywhere. CSP in FA, Interior, or Radio. Peeps as GA. Istillian in Comms, Radio, or FA.
Siph - Comms Bao/Rot - Culture Vor - Interior Sopo - FA Maowi - WAA Nate - Radio Lloen - AG Kaz - GA
Baobab/Rotasu for Culture, Maowi for Comms, LL for Interior
UPC - Radio or Comms Maowi - WAA or Comms
Maowi in WA, Istillian for GA maybe?
Maowi
Solo, foreign affairs
Maowi for WAA, Bao/Rotasu for Culture, Peeps/Istillian for GA, Istillian/Maowi/Lime for Comms

Editor's note: The images in this story have been corrected

Attachments

• 1614560274016.png
    1614560274016.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
So many people ranking so similarly so often makes me wonder if this format is meeting people where they are in terms of attention span. I feel like term after term this poll tells us that people are generally content and one or two ministers are struggling and little else. Is there a problem with the poll? A problem with the engagement level of those taking it? No problem at all? I'm just thinking out loud.

Also the fact that a president with an overall approval rating over 75% was defeated is stunning, even more than it was before we knew the number.

So many people ranking so similarly so often makes me wonder if this format is meeting people where they are in terms of attention span. I feel like term after term this poll tells us that people are generally content and one or two ministers are struggling and little else. Is there a problem with the poll? A problem with the engagement level of those taking it? No problem at all? I'm just thinking out loud.

Also the fact that a president with an overall approval rating over 75% was defeated is stunning, even more than it was before we knew the number.
I know I tend to be pretty fair/generous across the board unless it's a minister that's done something particularly egregious or controversial. Or maybe my bar is always set at "neutral," and you need to try hard to get dropped below that bar.

Okay I've been meaning to respond to comments for a while now, so here goes.

I think it's weird that Lime's award at the end of the term more heavily emphasizes his past as MinComm rather than his current role as MinCult.

This is a little confusing. This was a poll asking about executive performance and satisfaction, not one asking about Pichtonia's awardees, so why someone felt the need to say this here I'm a little unsure about. However, the award and honours act states "The Order of the Bronze Star shall be issued to citizens who have provided long and distinguished service in Cabinet or Council." Considering I've spent most of my time in the Cabinet as Minister of Communications, it makes sense that this was emphasised slightly more however Pichto did also mention my work as Culture Minister in that term.

What happened to a weekend games schedule put out beforehand? Lots of late stuff with Eurochoice.

Weekend Game schedule were put out in #executive updates dating back to January 22nd. As for EuroChoice, our schedule was pushed back by a day due to myself being at work. While unfortunate, I don't think this majorly detracted from EuroChoice 2020 being a large success which saw a great deal of community engagement, and a number of different events held throughout the week.

though the minister's responses to oversight could be better and faster

Lime's responses to oversight questions really put me off.

Sure I regret saying what I said then and wish that I had not made that comment, however if one slightly snarky comment made late at night after a bad day at work is enough for you to disregard all the other work the Ministry, and myself did throughout this term then I think you are subjectively evaluating an entire term somewhat unfairly. Does one bad comment reflect an entire term's worth of work? Personally I don't think it does or should. We've seen other Minister's in the past give cutting responses to Senate questioning, and not defined their entire terms by it. Again I regret what I said, I wish I had not said it, and I would not respond to future Senate questioning like that again. However, I think the response to it has been slightly overblown, and some of the really good work the Culture Ministry did last term is being undervalued due to one unrelated comment.

Reactions: Vor
Back