[Inside Government] End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll Analysis

November Executive Satisfaction Poll Results and Analysis
End of Term

Written by Istillian, Maowi and GraVandius
Polling conducted by DictatorAnna10

As the end of term now draws to a close, a poll was released by the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation to determine satisfaction on the outgoing executive, and gauged the electorates support for first minister potential candidates. 21 Citizens took the poll, and the results are as follows:

Executive Satisfaction Poll Results:

Written by Istillian
Executive Satisfaction:
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the executive as a whole?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

Overall satisfaction with the current executive seems high with 85.7 percent of respondents reporting satisfied or very satisfied ratings.
Although only 33.3 percent of respondents recorded that they were very satisfied with the current executive, compared to the October poll report of 37 percent strong approval - these responses seem to have slipped into the satisfied rating of a higher 52.4 percent. This is still a positive outcome for the current executive, and a strong end of term result.

First Minister:
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with First Minister Pichtonia?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

A majority of Europeians are still reporting high satisfaction ratings for First Minister Pichtonia, with a formidable 90.5 percent overall satisfaction result. However, this is a dramatic shift in comparison with the October poll which had 74.1 percent strong approval ratings for the first minister, to the now 47.6 percent very satisfied rating. This is also reflected in the commentary, with respondents reporting that Pichto’s "energy is dying down", and is a “down-tick from this previous term”. Although for the end of term this outcome still seems quite positive, particularly considering the late shifting of cabinet ministers in the last month due to prior issues in recruitment.

Second Minister
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Second Minister Astrellan?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

Second Minister Astrellan is still receiving high satisfaction ratings, although this has slipped slightly from an overall strong approval of 74 percent, to now 71.4 percent very satisfied. Returning a higher neutral rating ( 23.8 percent), this is somewhat explained through criticism of the role and its requirements in the commentary, rather than being a complete reflection on Astrellans work as second minister thus far.

Of course, Astrellan is invisible in his role as Second Minister (The Fabled Curse of the VP). That's a function of the office though, honestly. Pichto's term has been good overall; a down-tick from this previous term but the ship has kept on course regardless of the major storm that is Interior. That being said, I think the First Minister could have done a better job steering his ship clear of that storm.

Pichto was the worst FM ever. -whitmark

Pichto's energy and enthusiasm has died down a bit as he nears the end of this second term but that doesn't change the fact that he has served very well and continues to demonstrate good judgment as First Minister. He has earned his move to the other side of the executive aisle but I sincerely hope this isn't the last time we see him as FM.

<insert Whitmark joke here>

hi mom

Written by Maowi
Ministry of Radio:
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Minister of Radio Bowzin?. Number of responses: 21 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Ministry of Radio?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

Minister of Radio Bowzin, though apparently not wholly satisfied with his own term, was nevertheless returned a far from poor approval rating of 57.1 percent and 66.7 percent for his ministry. These numbers reflect a marked improvement in the ministry's consistency and quality of output since the October poll, when it was in the midst of some highly disruptive turnover in leadership. The Ministry of Radio has seen fairly regular shows since Bowzin's confirmation, such as the mandatory recruitment debate and the Z-day marathon, which is the probable cause of a lot of the positivity surrounding the ministry. However, there does seem to be some uncertainty about the proactiveness of Bowzin's leadership, shown in the relatively many "unsure" responses and in the comments, in which Bowzin's visibility in the ministry from an external point of view was questioned. But these results are strong, particularly for a minister not even serving their full term.

Bowzin had an okay term and did an admirable job since he was confirmed in October. Acapais had the Ministry going in a very good direction before his unfortunate resignation.

haven't listened to anything

Bowzin here, I didn't do as good as I could have, I will be the first to admit.

Definitly slowed down a little

There seem to have been some radio shows recently but I'm not sure how involved Bowzin has been in planning them. That's meant as a cut against Bowzin - I generally don't know, and he may have been arranging stuff like the mandatory recruiting discussion behind the scenes.

Good work!

you can dance

Ministry of Communications:
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Minister of Communications Istillian?. Number of responses: 21 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Ministry of Communications?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

Having only risen to Cabinet a matter of two or three weeks ago, these results are incredibly encouraging for Istillian and speak of a ministry in a very good position. The minister himself garnered an 85.7 percent approval rating, and his ministry an identical score. Like with the Ministry of Radio, there was nobody who strongly disapproved of the minister's or the ministry's performance, proving these two Cabinet members to be commendably thorough in their approaches to their jobs. The Ministry of Communications has also been producing regular content, whose quality seems to be of satisfaction to the public, although some commenters were aware of a decrease in sheer volume of output in a given time. Reactions all-round, however - generally positive.

Put out a lot of good content

Awesome term for MinCom

The pace of articles seems to have slowed a little bit (and it has taken too long to get some big articles out) but overall the quality of what has been published has been very good.

Hard to rate Istillian being so new, but things seem to be going well

Not enough time to evaluate Istillian

you can jive

Written by Istillian
Ministry of Culture:
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Minister of Culture DictatorAnna10?. Number of responses: 21 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Ministry of Culture?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

Minister of Culture DictatorAnna10 (DAX) received an overall satisfaction rating of 90.4 percent, split with a heavy 57.1 percent very satisfied and 33.3 percent satisfied. Despite the neutral rating (9.5 percent), DAX has done significantly well over the last term. With commentary like "culture was great this term", and specifically calling DAX a "real star", people seem pleased with DAX as minister. The ministry also received a high approval of 85.7 percent overall satisfaction (47.6 percent very satisfied, and 38.1 percent satisfied). This positive reception is largely reported to be from the Halloween festival, OnderKelkia's ovation, and ongoing Weekend Games coming from the Ministry. An overall great end to the term for culture.

Loved the Halloween event, and the OnderVation

Culture was great this term!

Weekend Games seem to be happening regularly, the Halloween Festival seems to have been a big hit. Perhaps some more planning could have gone into Onder's Ovation, but I blame that fizzling a little bit NOT on the minister or the ministry but on the people of the region - where the heck was everyone? Why is it that we have Ovations and getting people to participate in a meaningful way is like pulling teeth. THAT'S RIGHT REGION, I'M CALLING YOU OUT IN ANONYMOUS COMMENTS. YOU CAN DO BETTER FOR THE PEOPLE WE HONOR WITH OVATIONS.

A real star. Halloween event was amazing.

having the time of your life

Ministry of Recruitment:
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Minister of Recruitment Maowi?. Number of responses: 21 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Ministry of Recruitment?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

Minister of Recruitment Maowi has returned an incredibly positive response of 85.7 percent overall satisfaction (split 52.4 percent very satisfied and 33.3 percent satisfied). Comments are abundant with approval of Maowi taking over recruitment, some even voiced confidence that "Maowi turned recruitment around fast."
Considering the turnover in ministers, and some issues haunting recruitment this term, the commentary seems to suggest satisfaction is gaining traction for the ministry. While the satisfaction rating of the ministry is much lower at 61.9 percent, this seems to be explained again by the comments being a cause of former ministers. Thankfully with recent incentives, specifically the Eurogwarts Recruitment Competition, this ministry is on the rise again, and made a quick turnaround for an optimistic end of term result.

Overall not happy with Recruitment this term, but that's due to the turnover at the top and Bri's behavior. In their limited time so far, Maowi has done a great job as Minister of Recruitment.

more seems to have been done because of the Brí fiasco and the debates that ensued than as a result of the minister's actions

Picked up steam once Maowi took over, great job with the Quidditch stuff

Maowi turned recruitment around fast

Maowi hasn't had time to do much, so I voted Neutral but it isn't becuase of anything she hasn't done. Just hasn't been time yet.

Maowi has really turned things around. How much credit she deserves versus... the clusterfuck that was most of the term turning focus to recruitment... is up for debate. But I'm impressed, and I hope this energy is sustainable.

ooh, see that girl

Written by GraVandius
Ministry of Integration:
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Minister of Integration Astrellan?. Number of responses: 21 responses.
]
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Ministry of Integration?. Number of responses: 21 responses.

Integration Minister Astrellan has an approval rating of 52.4 percent with only 9.5 percent disapproval and a massive 38.1 percent share of neutral respondents. The ministry itself receives a plurality neutral/uncertain responses with 47.6 percent followed by 33.4 percent approval and 19.1 percent disaproval. The comments generally suggest a relatively high lack of understanding as to what the ministry does or what it has been working on recently. This is likely the accurate explanation why the neutral ratings are so high.

It's always hard to measure Integration efforts, but I know Astrellan has been working on some behind-the-scenes projects for his tenure as Minister.

This isn't meant as a Whitmarkian "WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING" knock on Astrellan but I'm genuinely not real sure what this ministry has been up to. That probably speaks more to a need to communicate more about the ministry's goings-on than anything else.

Still not totally sure what this ministry does. Some additional visibility for the projects would be nice.

watch that scene

First Minister Candidates:
Forms response chart. Question title: Who would you like to see run for First Minister?. Number of responses: 21 responses.
In the above chart DAX was the most supported to run for First Minister with 71.4 percent of respondents wanting her to run. They evidently got their wish. The other candidates in the race in order, were Calvin Coolidge (57.1 percent), Cuddles (38.1 percent) and Olde Deleware (28.6 percent). Other notably high vote recipients are Maowi (61.9 percent), Astrellan (66.7 percent), Lloenflys (52.4 perecent) and GraVandius (47.6 percent). It's likely that any of those citizens could have launched competitive tickets.

Last edited:
This is a great article. My only feedback is that the delay in publication made it much less timely, given some Cabinet members are running for FM or SM. The first minister candidate section is also essentially wasted now. A 5-day turnaround isn't a huge deal for most things, but with something like poll results, I hope the ministry will strive to push things out more quickly going forward.

In regard to the anonymous comment criticizing the region for failing to engage with the OnderVation, I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I don't have a wealth of personal experience or connection with Onder to draw on. The lack of familiarity likely inhibited participation. I don't mean that as a slight to Onder and his immense contribution to the region, but his lack of social presence probably made this a tougher sell to the average citizen.

I'd also like to comment on Integration. It has become clear to me that Astrellan has been doing some good working launching the IRM, but using the Grand Hall for ministry announcements (which honestly I didn't even know he was doing) meant that his updates have been lost. This is not entirely Astrellan's fault, but he and Pichto really should have come up with a better solution for announcing and publicizing what's been going on in Integration as its clear this information has been lost on most of the public.

This is a great article. My only feedback is that the delay in publication made it much less timely, given some Cabinet members are running for FM or SM. The first minister candidate section is also essentially wasted now. A 5-day turnaround isn't a huge deal for most things, but with something like poll results, I hope the ministry will strive to push things out more quickly going forward.

In regard to the anonymous comment criticizing the region for failing to engage with the OnderVation, I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I don't have a wealth of personal experience or connection with Onder to draw on. The lack of familiarity likely inhibited participation. I don't mean that as a slight to Onder and his immense contribution to the region, but his lack of social presence probably made this a tougher sell to the average citizen.

I'd also like to comment on Integration. It has become clear to me that Astrellan has been doing some good working launching the IRM, but using the Grand Hall for ministry announcements (which honestly I didn't even know he was doing) meant that his updates have been lost. This is not entirely Astrellan's fault, but he and Pichto really should have come up with a better solution for announcing and publicizing what's been going on in Integration as its clear this information has been lost on most of the public.
Thanks for reading Sopo, the constructive criticism is noted too. This is incredibly helpful for publishing future works (particularly poll analysis) by the Ministry, and for my own overall management in providing deadlines for tasks. I'll endeavour to do better, and consult those with that bit of experience with timeframes for these works, in the future.

Love the ABBA comment.

Thanks for the polling and analysis, Comms! We've had a steady stream of surveys in recent months, and not only is that good in and of itself, I hope it'll allow for the continuation of cool projects like the EOI one day.

Back