In Your Face with Crank Miller - Episode #1

Episode #1

"Hello there and welcome to In Your Face; I'm Crank Miller. Today is a very exciting day for our program because... we are no longer broadcasting to the penguins in northern Europeia! The networks finally realized that I am not crazy, and the Observer picked me up. Now, every. single. person. in Europeia gets to tune in for some good ol' Crank."

*buzzer sounds and lights flash*

"What's that? A buzzer? That means that it's time to start the show! Tonight, I'll have three guests with me to discuss the top issues facing Europeia today. We'll have Jackson, City Councillor and Senatorial candidate, Aurora, Foreign Minister and Senator, as well as a secret mystery guest!"

*sound of a door knocking*

"It looks like our first guest is here! Please help me in welcoming... Councillor Jackson!"

*audience applauds as "Blah Blah Blah" by Ke$sha plays*

Again, glad to have you. Please take a seat.

*sits down in cushy interview chair*

Well, a lot of our audience members don't know a lot about you. As a Senate candidate, I'd like to know a bit more too. Tell us a little about yourself.

Thanks again for having me. Well, I am the son of Kopite and Vanet Anumia and younger brother of Sopo. I got my first start in politics while serving as the Vice President of a small region called the United Captives. After some turbulent times there, my Father and I moved to Leone, and I had lived there most of my life. In Leone, I served in all three of its government branches: A tribune in the judiciary, a senator in the senate, and various cabinet positions as well as premier and vice premier in the executive branch.

Contrary to my mother and father's liberal ideologies, and my brother's moderate stances, I'm a conservative. I always have been and I always will be.

I came to Europeia a week or so ago in search of a new home, after inactivity had consumed Leone. Already, I have been getting involved with Europeian affairs. I currently serve as a city councilor, Manager of Statistics in the Nat. Conservative Party, and as a junior minister in the ministry of foreign affairs.

Currently, I'm running for the seat vacated by HEM in the By-election, and hope to serve the people of this region.

Interesting, thank you. I have heard that your mother, Vanet, actually turned out to be a man, which caused your family to dismantle. Quite a shock, eh?

*Sighs*

As you can imagine, it was quite a surprise.

*Laughs*

Dad was a bit shaken up by it, and I, well was too. After the discovery, Mom committed terrorist-like stuff to Leone, and fled for another region. The family pretty much split after that

*smiles*

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, let's move on. This personal stuff may be fun for junior high girls, but it's time we get serious.

*puts on sunglasses*

Now then, you're running for Senate. As a member who has only been in Europeia for about a week, why should someone vote for you?

Well to start off, I'm very experienced, especially in the legislature. I have served nearly 90% of my career in some legislature or another. Also, I believe that "outsiders," such as myself, can bring in some new insight based on experience in other regions. For example, with the Electoral Reform being one of the most important issues right now, I can let you know that the system being proposed, was the very similar to the one in Leone, and I'll be able to tell you that this system works.

*Gives a Thumbs up*

Many other members of the Senate, like Anumia and Sopo, also have experience in other regions. In addition, if you still consider yourself an "outsider," are you really a Europeian?

I think anyone new could be considered an outsider, in every aspect of life. I used it in the previous question because that's how I think I might be seen if elected.

And to answer your question, we first have to look into, and ask the question, "how would you determine whether someone is a Europeian?"

I would define a Europeian as someone who embraces democratic values, who tries their best for the region, and someone who dedicates themselves to service.

Thus far in Europeia, I have fought and am fighting for legislation that would make Europeia a more democratic region such as the WA Procedures Act, and supporting the electoral reform bill, vetoed by President Rougiers.

In my first few week(s) I have tried my best for Europeia by being active, and by being active in the City Council.

And I have dedicated myself to serving. Serving Europeians in the City Council and by working in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a junior minister.

Within my first weeks, I have worked hard for Europeia. I've been very active, and have been fighting to the democratic values that We treasure.

As a member of the NCP, you may face a tough election against your own party members, like John Franklin, another new member, and Fortana, a more established member. This doesn't even include Falconias, former President and regional giant from the Citizen's Union, and Cary, from the EMP. Your party vote will be split, and it looks like you'll need a lot of support from Independents. Do you think you can do it?

*Chuckles*

Crank, I'm going to try to, I think it'll be tough, but I think I can do it. I consider myself a conservative, but I'm always willing to reach across the aisle, and I think that will help me connect with the independent voters.

I hope those watching your program, have gotten to know me a little bit more, and will consider voting Jackson

*Smiles*

You are new at this, aren't you?

*snickers*

Well, I wish you the best of luck. Before we break for commercial, let's have one final question. If you were not running, which of the other candidates would you vote for?

I am new with this. My first interview on live television. And I would vote for Fortana or John Franklin. They're fine candidates who would make great senators, and hopefully I'll have the chance to serve with them someday

Thank you for your time, and good luck with the election.

*shakes hands*

Now we're heading to commercial. We'll be back later with... Aurora!

Back