Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
Him / He
conversation.png

APRIL 8, 2022
AUTHOR: PICHTONIA

Hushed Conversations: Second Ticket Exploring Presidential Run

In a mere seven days, voting will begin in the ongoing Presidential election. Thus far, lacking an opposing ticket, it looked as though incumbent President CSP and his vice Writinglegend might cruise to victory rather easily, but as The Conversation has learned, there is in fact a second ticket exploring a run.

In a conversation with the author, the ticket's lead confirmed that they were exploring a run and, if they decided to run, may declare their candidacy as early as tonight.

The entry of a second high caliber ticket into the race might be worrying news for the CSP campaign, coming a day after polling from EYES released in the Not-So-Daily Bugle suggests that only 12.5% are currently committed to voting for the incumbent's re-election - versus 34.4 % against.

Of course, a solid majority of Europeians still seems to be undecided. CSP largely remains a popular incumbent, and he has yet to deploy his campaign machinery in full force. He has neither released his ticket's re-election platform yet nor has the ticket done any other campaign events thus far. And this is an area he typically excels in: In the most recent Power Player Draft, CSP was credited by Calvin Coolidge for being one of the greatest Presidential campaigners in Europeian history.

A victory for CSP would be a meaningful way to cement his historic legacy in a new Europeian age. By winning, he would become the first President since the Executive Split in 2020 to win a re-election campaign.

But his opponent is hungry too. Asked about their motivation, they said: "A lot of this year for me, in my real life and in Europeia, has been me seeing opportunities and then agonizing on those opportunities being wasted. I came to the realization that I'm standing right here. I am capable. I can do this. I've created a motto that's propelled me forward: I'll do it myself. That's my intention here: to do it myself and involve every citizen of Europeia in the vision."

Ultimately, the people will decide this election. The vote is set to open on April 15.

"A lot of this year for me, in my real life and in Europeia, has been me seeing opportunities and then agonizing on those opportunities being wasted. I came to the realization that I'm standing right here. I am capable. I can do this. I've created a motto that's propelled me forward: I'll do it myself. That's my intention here: to do it myself and involve every citizen of Europeia in the vision."
I keep reading this quote over and over again, and thinking to myself what Europeians might have said it. I have my theories, I hope I get to see whether or not I'm right. After all, competition is always a good thing.

Back