How Many Telegrams Were Fakes?

I'd like to note, just for the record as it doesn't really change the scope of the debauchery here, that I found a small error with my initial method in that by simply subtracting the time from each other it would produce a "Yes" if you started up at an earlier time in the next day than you had ended the previous day, which is obviously incorrect in that you didn't necessarily fake that telegram. To fix that I added an AND function to make so that it would only produce "Yes's" if the Day was the same as the previous day.

Overall the total changes very little though:
Less Than 5 Seconds: 783 (Down 8)
Less Than 10 Seconds: 903 (Down 8)

Anyway, I'm curious as to what the "acceptable" rate of clicking is, as with reflecting on Prim's comments, there are obviously some instances where I personally have skipped some degree of nations while recruiting whether for the fact that they are nazi types or puppets as Kari mentioned. I can remember noting skipping maybe a few hundred Yuno puppets a year or so ago, as she made like a thousand puppets that day :p. I'll be comparing a bunch of prominent recruiter's skip rates and probably will release that article later this week.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what the "acceptable" rate of clicking is, as with reflecting on Prim's comments, there are obviously some instances where I personally have skipped some degree of nations while recruiting whether for the fact that they are nazi types or puppets as Kari mentioned. I can remember noting skipping maybe a few hundred Yuno puppets a year or so ago, as she made like a thousand puppets that day :p. I'll be comparing a bunch of prominent recruiter's skip rates and probably will release that article later this week.
Well, it's disproportionate. Prominent recruiters probably have a lower flood limit time as that allows them to send more telegrams and thus become more prominent. I remember having issues before when I was squaring off with DAX months ago in recruitment, as it would take me a lot longer to send 500 telegrams than it did her. An acceptable rake of clicking is probably going to vary.

Edit -- doesn't mean the prominent recruiters have older nations, but there's probably a correlation there.

Well, it's disproportionate. Prominent recruiters probably have a lower flood limit time as that allows them to send more telegrams and thus become more prominent. I remember having issues before when I was squaring off with DAX months ago in recruitment, as it would take me a lot longer to send 500 telegrams than it did her. An acceptable rake of clicking is probably going to vary.

Edit -- doesn't mean the prominent recruiters have older nations, but there's probably a correlation there.
There is also just personal differences to be accounted for. Personally, I used to just send a message to all nations that the helper spews out, except for the nazi ones I notice. Other people discounting say obvious r/d puppets can just be unlucky and end up hitting an absolute ton of them in a given session, or indeed commonly depending on their usual recruitment time.

I usually just send them to the puppets anyway, it is what it is. I know they won't read them, but meh, I'm doing my job is my thought on that. But Nazi ones, I definitely skip no matter what.

@GraVandius, if you have an easy way to handle the conversion and it doesn't take too long, I'd love to see my skip rate if it's not a hassle. :)

When I started in Euro, I revived an old nation, but despite its age, it had like an 11-second flood limit. By the end of last year, it got down to 9-second flood limit, but I let it CTE for some time this year and when I revived it late summer '19, it was back up to an 11-second flood limit. So, the flood limit is definitely variable, I know they say "every 100 days alive is one less second of flood limit down from 15 to a minimum of 5. But based on my nation (which I made in 2003 and was CTE for like 13 years), I have no idea how their formula works for CTE nations over time either.

If I had to take a really wild stab in the dark at a legitimate "skip rate", I would say probably under 5%, or under 10% depending on if that person routinely recruits during updates and encounters a bunch of "GOING TO THE STORE VINNY" or "WHILE TALKING ON THE PHONE VINNY" obvious puppets. But the appropriate skip rate might be different and we'd have to look and see what our normal rates are and base it on current practice.

Last edited:
Back