How Many Telegrams Were Fakes?

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1572311961253.png

How Many Telegrams Were Fakes?
Per recent controversy it has been made apparent that Bri has to some degree frequently faked telegrams sent, as revealed by Calvin in a good piece Here. Upon looking at his article I was curious about how many telegrams Bri faked as it is hard to tell the pervasiveness from those screenshots provided. Thus, I left an in-depth comment and embarked on a quick little Excel venture. I downloaded Bri's recruitment history into a spreadsheet and changed the date format from R3ns to one acceptable to Excel through a find and replace function for "-" to ":". I then set up a column to subtract the time of that telegram from the previous telegram sent. I then set up an If function to state whether the difference was less than 5 seconds, the minimum spam timer in order to send a telegram. If it was in fact less than 5 seconds, Bri could not have legitimately sent the telegram and it would return a "Yes". Using a count function, I counted the number of "Yes"'s that appeared in my new column and the answer is 791.

At minimum Bri faked roughly 73.5% of the 1075 telegrams allegedly sent. A number that obviously assumes that Bri had the lowest spam timer possible which seams unlikely with a nation with only 1.45 Billion pop. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would try to keep up the facade of activity to this degree and just not admit one dosen't have the time to actually put in the effort. It harms the region as by just clicking you are removing that nation from getting a telegram from an actual dedicated recruiter and it is deeply disappointing.

Note: I'll be happy to send the excel sheet to anyone who want to look at it, I was going to try to upload it here but evidently I can't.

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks GraV!

Assuming a countdown somewhere in between 5 and 10, say 7, what would the percentage be then?

Based on his nation age, his flood limit was likely 10 seconds.

Based on his nation age, his flood limit was likely 10 seconds.
A change from 7 seconds to 10 seconds yields a total of 911. So Overall, it looks like Bri sent aproximately 200 legitimate telegrams along with the boatloads of fake clicks.

Last edited:
Oh those numbers really put it into perspective.

my question is how is it possible that they were able to send more more telegrams than the spam timer allows?
(better phrased) how were they able to send telegrams within less than 5 seconds of each other?

my question is how is it possible that they were able to send more more telegrams than the spam timer allows?
(better phrased) how were they able to send telegrams within less than 5 seconds of each other?
The flood limit is only for actual NS telegrams. If someone just hits our manual recruiting button "Load Next Nation", they can keep hitting that without actually sending any Telegrams in the game, so no flood limits are hit.

Flood limit on NS telegrams, not on our recruiter tool. He wasn't actually sending any telegrams, just spamming the recruiter tool.

The button in the helper is not directly linked to the sending of a telegram. It just loads a new nation and records the time at which that was done. You have to press other unrelated buttons to actually send the telegram. Thus, the spam timer does not apply to the clicking of the next nation button even though that click is counted as a "telegram" sent.

EDIT: Ninjaed :p

The flood limit is only for actual NS telegrams. If someone just hits our manual recruiting button "Load Next Nation", they can keep hitting that without actually sending any Telegrams in the game, so no flood limits are hit.

The button in the helper is not directly linked to the sending of a telegram. It just loads a new nation and records the time at which that was done. You have to press other unrelated buttons to actually send the telegram. Thus, the spam timer does not apply to the clicking of the next nation button even though that click is counted as a "telegram" sent.

These. A small number of genuine human errors or misclicks are to be expected, and reasonable, when people are recruiting, particularly if they are recruiting a lot. This situation is categorically not that.

I, personally, skip over any Nazi nations and don't send them a telegram. So, if you look through my history, it's likely that there is some non-zero number of times where I hit the "Load Next Nation" button sooner than the flood limit would normally indicate. For things like that, it's legitimate because no one is using that to attempt to circumvent rules or falsely report telegrams, it's just that the recruiter tool can't discriminate between good and bad nations (puppets, nazis, obscene names, etc.), but we can.

I, personally, skip over any Nazi nations and don't send them a telegram. So, if you look through my history, it's likely that there is some non-zero number of times where I hit the "Load Next Nation" button sooner than the flood limit would normally indicate. For things like that, it's legitimate because no one is using that to attempt to circumvent rules or falsely report telegrams, it's just that the recruiter tool can't discriminate between good and bad nations (puppets, nazis, obscene names, etc.), but we can.
When you hit 40+ nations in a session that are just "Random anime reference I", "the same anime reference II" etc. T.T

Last edited:
When you hit 40+ nations in a session that are just "Random anime reference I", "the same anime reference II" etc. T.T
On behalf of R/Ders, you're welcome.

Also thanks for the numbers Grav. Really puts things into perspective x_x

Do you think it's possible to ACTUALLY send these TGs and then spam the button at the end of a session?

Ie instead of pushing the button and sending the TG together, what if Bri sent all the TG at once and then pushed all the buttons at once.

Idk how it works, I'm just trying to think of a scenario that this was actually legitimate.

Do you think it's possible to ACTUALLY send these TGs and then spam the button at the end of a session?

Ie instead of pushing the button and sending the TG together, what if Bri sent all the TG at once and then pushed all the buttons at once.

Idk how it works, I'm just trying to think of a scenario that this was actually legitimate.
No.
The recruitment helper only refreshes to show the next nation in the recruitment pool; then the person using it has paste the recruitment TG or TG template code into the TG message field within the NS window opened by the helper; then click a different button in the NS window to send the actual TG.

The helper is also just that, a helper. It has no effect on the NS site or NS' mechanics and as such would not affect the spam-buffer of the TG cool down period.

Back