** TEXT CURRENT AS OF 16TH JUNE 2020 **
Holiday Act (2015)
An Act to establish an apparatus for declaring official regional holidays
The Senate assembled with the consent of the President by the authority granted by the People of Europeia through our Constitution enacts the following:
(1) This act may be referred to as the "Holiday Act (2015)".
(2) For the purposes of this Act, a "holiday" is defined as an official day of celebration recognized by the government of Europeia. Holidays may or may not recur on an annual basis.
(3) For the purposes of this Act, a "high holiday" is defined as a permanent, annual day of celebration recognized by the government of Europeia marking an especially significant event to be reserved in this Act.
Declaration of Holidays
(4) The President or the Senate assembled may declare holidays in recognition of significant events or individuals at their discretion.
Reservation of High Holidays
(6) Henceforth, March 6th of each calendar year shall be recognized as "Founding Day" to mark the founding of Europeia as a NationStates region.
(7) Henceforth, June 30th of each calendar year shall be recognized as "Republic Day" to mark the abdication of King HEM and the establishment of republican government in Europeia.
(8) Henceforth, October 22nd of each calendar year shall be recognised as "Commendation Day" to mark the passage of the Commendation of Europeia by the Security Council of the World Assembly, with over 82% of the votes cast in favour.
(9) Henceforth, December 2nd of each calendar year shall be recognised as "Honoured Citizens' Day" to mark the conferral of the first-ever Ovation, and bring to light the achievements of Europeia's honoured citizens.