Header update: media frontpage [completed]

Rach said:
I don't like this idea because there will definitely be periods of inactivity from all the newspapers in general and this is an incentive for newspapers to be less active than they are naturally. If less than 5 newspapers are active at a given period this means that their articles won't all be on the headers even if they are great and fantastic. This is especially relevant because individual newspaper activity tends to be uneven and in bursts. I get what this is aimed at and feel like I understand especially with the whole multiple threads for the same thing of a recent newspaper why it would wanted, but I think it incentives the wrong things.

On the other hand, this header thing is new so any new exposure is just that new. So it's really not a punishment. But on a third hand, as this does becomes more normal we are really encouraging newspapers to be less active.
I'm in favour - there was a point two days ago where one guy had four topics out of five up there due to double-posting his topics.

Back