Goodnight, Europeia

This is where you can expect to find semi-regular entries into my Presidential diary, Goodnight Europeia. Credit still goes to Oliver Grey for the original idea, but the best iteration is here. Feel free to comment right in this thread, but please don't spam it up. All new entries will be here in this thread.

3/2/15

Dear Diary,

It's my third day as President, or, depending on how you're counting, my 132nd. Things have been busy so far, but we're still in that exciting early stage. I posted my inaugural address on Saturday night (though of course WL beat me to the punch) and nominated my Cabinet. So far, Kraken and Malashaan have been confirmed, and I'm still waiting on the rest. I'm anxious to really get to work.

The thing causing me the most stress so far in the EuroAnniversary. We've decided it will run from the 5th to the 14th, one day for each calendar year that Europeia has existed. I know it's going to be huge, but trying to get it together so quickly is rough. WL has been infinitely helpful in this regard.

It's amazing how much time I spend doing things I hadn't anticipated doing, things that just pop up throughout the day. Saturday night I ended up organizing some ERN sailors for a joint op since Kraken was on LoA. Not to mention all the nice messages I've been getting from Europeians and people abroad. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I should get elected President more often. ;)

The wheels are turning and there's a lot coming down the pipe. I'm loving it so far.

Goodnight, Europeia

[hide=Directory to Entries]
3/2/15 (this post)
3/5/15
3/8/15
3/28/15[/hide]

Nice diary entry. :D

Considering the importance of it all and how under the gun NK is, why not push the EuroAnniversary back?

Can't wait till we all read the diary posts on who Sopo's crushes are.

Lethen said:
Nice diary entry. :D

Considering the importance of it all and how under the gun NK is, why not push the EuroAnniversary back?
WL and I are as much under the gun as NK is. The whole thing is not on her shoulders. I think we can do it, but a decision will be made today.

Hyanygo will be exactly 8 years old on the 8th of March. HEM'sHEM's TG wHEM'is still the only one I have ever acted on. #eyeswater #channellingTheCord

Edit: what the actual f--k did my phone spit out ^

Sopo said:
The wheels are turning and there's a lot coming down the pipe. I'm loving it so far.
:creepy: :creepy: Still high after Valentines day? :creepy: :creepy:

Seriously the title had me worried for some reason, I didn't want to click.

3/5/15

Dear Diary,

PASD is so cute. I hope he likes me.

The EuroAnniversary kicked off today, and it's going well so far. Both Jakker and Unibot were online at the same time and the forums didn't go down. NK and WL put a lot of work into it along with the rest of the staff, and I'm really proud of what we achieved in so little time. Its been a lot of fun having people from all over NS poking around.

We changed the name of the mixlr channel to EBC Radio, and there will be a new logo soon. I'm happy to have everything under one roof, and I hope the new branding pays off.

I'm debating passing an EO to ban Taylor Swift from Europeia. I don't want to mix church and state, but it feels wrong having such an abomination on our forums when Nethel is so ready and so available and so perfect. Swift cannot match up to the glory of Nethel.

Noto resigned from the Senate, and we will miss him. I was looking forward to more Notty Talk. I hope he is well.

That's all for tonight.

Goodnight, Europeia.

3/8/15

Dear Diary,

I'm beginning to wonder if "Good Morning, Europeia" would be a better format since I don't seem to remember to do this before bed. I'm not sure that would be quite the same, though.

Yesterday I interviewed Xor and Mouse on mixlr, and it was a grand success. We broke our broadcasting record with 31 new listeners, 23 peak listeners, 1105 chat comments, and 33 hearts. I've also had people ask to be interviewed, which is definitely a good sign. I'm excited that its working out so well. I hope the interview with Tim tomorrow is just as successful.

The EuroAnniversary is chugging along just fine, and we will have more interviews and articles over the next few days.

SD keeps sexting me and I wish he would stop.

Goodnight, Europeia.

3/28/15

Dear Diary,

I haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with these. Since my Spring Break ended, my hours for Europeia have gotten pretty irregular, and it's hard to remember to write these. I will try to do better.

I am disappointed in the progress so far this term. We're almost halfway through, without much to show for it. The EuroAnniversary went well, but activity has been generally low. WL has been a real trooper filling in all over the place. We'll soon have our new Minister of Culture and Minister of Communications, so I expect things will be picking up again. I want to turn it around.

My own life has been more hectic and stressful than I expected it to be, with unforeseen obstacles and opportunities. I'm applying for jobs and getting ready to graduate in a month and a half. School-wise, things have calmed down a bit.

Until next time,
Goodnight Europeia!

Back