G.A.P.

Europeia is a region holding large influence on the world stage, while our region flourishes many wonder how to take our knowledge on organization and help those bereft to build new regions stronger using the tools Europeia has at its disposal. For those of us that sees this as a hubris play- to build new regions in Europeia’s image the President assures us that Europeia will acts as “a benevolent guiding force within the world.” Europeia is in a unique position to assist new regions in becoming bright, robust, and organized in how they handle business- adopting regions, in this sense, is not colonization- but a community builder. We teach children early to love thy neighbor but Europeia can do one better: make thy neighbor stronger. This is no mere exercise, Europeia wishes to cause the regions on the world stage to become closer. A brilliant legal system, a readied and trained military, and a strong governmental backbone are just some of the things Europeia does well and our aim is to show others the bustling community of NationStates that it is a possibility for them, too.
Europeia bears no malevolent intentions in the undertaking of this outstanding plan to adopt new regions in the hopes of participating in constructing said regions into strong powers with equally strong, unique regional identity. Integration will play a vital facet of developing relationships with our adopted regions through this process. We’ll grow closer as we slowly understand each other’s culture and history. One of our decorated citizens had this to say on growth between two regions, “Telling our own "Life's Story" is usually fun for everyone. Reading other folks life stories brings us closer as we share glimpses of ourselves. We get to know folks as we also get to be known by others.” The citizen states frankly, “Culture is the one thing that keeps bringing people back.” The incorporation will not only help build strong ties to other regions but also offers opportunities for feedback from adopted constituencies, “Having one member […] joining us here on a regular basis will also help us know them better and give them ideas to take back to their forum to share. It will provide us with great feedback on the success or struggles involved in our enterprise.” The administration and the EBC would like to clarify that Europeia’s government, laws, officials, elections, etc. will be examples for developing nations substituting a copy and paste nature, making our region more of a template than a guide. Samora Machel’s words are well heard as he states “unity and victory are synonymous.” There is no plateau we cannot reach- together.
Concern arose immediately over the misuse of power normally associated with projects of this magnitude. “Colonization” and “empire” are words initially finding themselves in critiques but lost momentum quickly by our esteemed President saying these programs will be “temporary agreements with regions, then let them go when the agreements cease, unless they want to stay of their own volition.” The Great Architecture Project is in no way a nefarious scheme for Europeia to gain control over lesser nations but a brilliant plan to build said nations into vigorous provinces with laws, elections, and a presence on the world stage. Transparency is very important to this administration and our president, cabinet, and ministers always invite public forum, citizens’ opinions and ideas but some deliberations warrant discretion that call for “special closed sessions.” This writer and the EBC assure the citizens of Europeia that this new project stands accountable to the public. The people have the tools to follow this project from its genesis and are in a unique position to offer their opinions and ideas to propel our region into a stronger tomorrow alongside regions, old and new, of whom share our vision for a stronger and closer community.
Building a stronger community begins with the foundation, and just like building a strong home the inception begins with an architect. The structure for the architects remains in discussion, not yet fully assembled. Experience is a must, of course. Specific qualifications have not been made official, as this discussion continues, but our President Anumia calls for particular experience, “a term in the Senate and some time in the Cabinet would probably be nice, at least.” Experience when dealing with a heavy workload is advantageous as well- the president goes on to say, “I would expect them to maintain an active presence on the forums of the adopted region, and contribute in a similar fashion to how a member of the Senate/Cabinet contributes - aiding in the drafting of legislation, executive discussions, etc.” The architects will answer to the new ministry planned to oversee the project, plans for the Minister of Foreign Affairs to take over this new ministry have been made- the conjuring of a new council will occur for the membership the President has this to say, “automatic membership shall be extended to the President, Senate Speaker, Minister of Foreign Affairs,” as mentioned before, “[…], and the WA Delegate.”
The new council will oversee execute assistance programs, warranting its birth- “A representative from each region shall be a part of the Council, with the ability to vote and duty to report periodically on the state of their region.” President Anumia goes on speaking of the powers invested in and structure of this new Council, “The Council shall pass directives and guidelines as to our dealings with adopted regions. I should state now that I do not intend for us to hold a veto over the Council; its remit shall only extend to management of the G.A.P., not the internal dealings of the Republic, and with four dedicated Europeian citizens always holding a seat on the Council, we should have sufficient clout to keep things reasonable.” The president also speaks of the growth of the council past the date of termination of agreements with adopted regions, “Those adopted regions that complete their time within our G.A.P. but wish to remain close shall also be eligible to retain a seat in the Council: their experiences with our aid shall benefit our long-term management of the G.A.P.” Specified diplomats will use their skills and experience to aid in specific areas: coding, government, laws and the day-to-day process. “Experts” does not necessarily denote quality teaching skills, the new ministry will start “drafting handbooks offering guidance to Architects of how best to engage and lead adopted regions.” The handbooks will slowly grow in quality as the programs continue and Europeia adopts additional regions “[…] we'll have a better idea of what works and what doesn't in terms of teaching,” says President Anumia.
The debate rages on how to go about advertising this bold project to regions that have an interest. This is a fragile topic due to Europeia wanting this done correctly. What Anumia calls for in interest of advertising is “The first, a hook, to get them interested in the general idea. The second, a more detailed explanation of what we intend. The third, containing the agreement.” Telegrams to regions with the New Tag is the brightest idea so far, not to say this is the method of choice to lodge our message to regions that wish for help. Advertising is crucial for the projects longevity, there is no right way set in stone for this is a groundbreaking venture- thus trial and error will no doubt be a part of inceptive process. This discussion is ongoing and new notions are always welcome.
The public forums have always been just that- public. The intention is to raise the standards of debate and discussion among citizens and officials. Officials can only gain insight to the opinions of the people if those voices are heard, the responsibility lies on the people to encourage lively debate over issues and affairs concerning Europeia- without citizen voicing their concerns and lodging ideas there’s only so far our region can go. The EBC encourage citizens to join in the debate with ideas and perhaps an interest in participating in the “Great Architecture Project”- for this is a shining moment in the history of our region- our citizens possess the ability to take part in this brilliant conception to increase our influence on the world stage and aid developing nations through this benevolent process of diplomacy.

Good article Toasty. I look forward to how the rest of your coverage of the GAP turns out. Congrats on your first one!

Dear god yes, we need paragraphs. :p

My fault gents, the coding is new to me so I thought however it was before posting is how it should look after. My eyes hurt as well. Poor syntax is the bane of my existence.

Toasty03 said:
My fault gents, the coding is new to me so I thought however it was before posting is how it should look after. My eyes hurt as well. Poor syntax is the bane of my existence.
You can edit your own posts, you know. :p

But no harm no foul. All in all a good read.

Back