Senator
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Frontrunners But Not Field Clearers
EuroWeekly's Poll Results Suggest An Open
Field With A Couple of Head-starters
By Lime

Between the 31st of August and 2nd of September, EuroWeekly ran a pre-standing presidential poll asking respondents how likely they were to support the re-election of Calvin Coolidge and who they would like to see run for President and Vice President. Respondents also had the opportunity to list who they would like to see serve in various Cabinet positions. The poll received a total of 21 respondents - significantly lower than the average poll response rate of around 26-30 respondents. Due to this, and the usual warning that Europeian polls are not conducted scientifically and are therefore inherently unreliable, these results should be taken with caution although they likely paint a general picture of how Europeians feel.

Due to the lower response rate I will not be providing analysis on the figures, nor ranking candidates based on the level of support they received. Instead I will be providing the processed figures for readers to draw their own conclusions and analysis from.

Would you support re-electing President Calvin Coolidge?

Screenshot (8).png

It has been a good, solid term but I don't think Calvin has done anything to lock in another term right now. A good campaign from another candidate would get serious consideration from me.

I’d like to see some new blood in the office

I've been meh about a President Calvin in the past and I'm happy he's impressed me this term. Especially in FA! It feels like he really worked to round himself out as a domestic and foreign president.

Calvin is kind of the perfect president in my eyes, and he has done really well so far this term, so I would support him!

Who would you like to see run for President?

Screenshot (9).png

shahara449 /s

OnderKelkia

GraVandius

Mousebumples

Who would you like to see run for Vice President?

Screenshot (10).png

VP's office would be more useful if it were storage.

Who would you like to see as Grand Admiral next term?
Who would you like to see as Grand Admiral next term_ (1).png

Who would you like to see as Minister of Interior next term?
Who would you like to see as Minister of Interior next term_.png

Who would you like to see as Minister of Communications next term?
Who would you like to see as Minister of Communications next term_.png

Who would you like to see as Minister of World Assembly Affairs next term?
Who would you like to see as Minister of World Assembly Affairs next term_.png

Who would you like to see as Minister of Foreign Affairs next term?
Who would you like to see as Minister of Foreign Affairs next term_.png

Who would you like to see as Minister of Culture next term?
Who would you like to see as Minister of Culture next term_.png

Who would you like to see as Minister of Radio next term?
Who would you like to see as Minister of Radio next term_.png

Who would you like to see as Attorney General next term?
Who would you like to see as Attorney General next term_.png

Better have platforms focusing on your plans for Demo/Auto.

If Calvin doesn't run I think this might be a wide open field. Doesn't look like any well established older player is planning a run.

Hopefully we see a solid 3 candidate race, minimum

There will be some important issues next term, and I’m kinda hoping that the current administration can help make those issues easier for the next one.

I hope it's a competitive field.

Ist, Peeps, and Lime seem to have the most support across the board. I'm very pleasantly surprised by the popularity of Greater Cesnica in MoWAA. I like what I see here!

It would be golden if we could get three candidates chasing down the presidency in this election.

very interesting stuff! my and @Sincluda ’s platform will be out soon!!

It makes me giddy that there are so many candidates for MoWAA. It wasn't too long ago that we were relying on ministers of last resort and open calls for applications.

It makes me giddy that there are so many candidates for MoWAA. It wasn't too long ago that we were relying on ministers of last resort and open calls for applications.
aha can't imagine that...

aha can't imagine that...
To be fair, you weren't the bigger issue there. Yeah, you had school starting, but the double nomination then rescinding nom for Maowi, then Aex being dramatic, finally getting a brand new person in the position. You leaving wasn't really the worst part of that situation.

You're too hard on yourself. IRL happens :p

11 people want me to be Vice President. I am open to it 😎

Unless there is a sweeping LoA across the Ministry, I think it’ll be full of candidates for a while. :)

Reactions: upc
HEM running for the Goldenblock? 😯 Not that he hasn't been Pres before, but .... it's been awhile, maybe? (**unless I've missed something which is completely possible, lol)
Since you left, I think HEM was President in early 2018, and then Chief of State (Foreign Affairs Executive during the Split between Domestic and FA) in late 2019-early 2020.

why do six people think i have the mental capacity to handle the presidency. no shade but i am not that smat

HEM running for the Goldenblock? 😯 Not that he hasn't been Pres before, but .... it's been awhile, maybe? (**unless I've missed something which is completely possible, lol)
Since you left, I think HEM was President in early 2018, and then Chief of State (Foreign Affairs Executive during the Split between Domestic and FA) in late 2019-early 2020.
Yeah, being involved with the Cabinet doesn't surprise me, though I forgot about the government setup revamp that happened too. Thanks for the update!

Interesting results! I completely missed this poll but would have likely voted similarly across the board.

Back