Frontrunner Emerges One Week Before Election Day

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
With three major tickets running for the Presidency, and all of their platforms being released, it felt like the perfect time to see where support lied relating to the candidates and their platforms at this point in the race. The poll was open November 17 and 18, garnering 32 responses. And now, here's the data.

NovP1.jpg

The first thing any candidate would want from a voter is for them to read their platform. Despite releasing second out of the three platforms, nearly every respondent has read SkyGreen's platform while Gaudosia and Darcness have a good amount of ground to make up. Whether this is due to better advertising or more interest in the candidate's ideas is an open question.

NovP2.jpg
  • I really love the approach they took with it!
  • better than before, but still has issues. i respect gaudosia's choice to run, but might be better to show some more effort in a ministry or two to gain experience
  • Better than last time, glad they decided to run with pichto.
  • Very thorough and impressive, if Gaudosia had at least held a minister position previously I'd consider voting for them.
  • Just stop, please.
  • Some of the stuff I liked, but a lot of the stuff seemed ill though out or bizarre
  • much more fleshed out than before, a ticket I will consider on election day.
Among people who read Gaudosia's platform (25 respondents) the numbers break down like this: 40% Very Satisfied, 40% Somewhat Satisfied, and 20% Not Satisfied. The comments note that respondents agree this platform is better than Gaudosia's previous effort in the last election when he ran as VP, but only some are seriously considering the ticket.

NovP3.jpg
  • I always find myself expecting more out of Sky and he never really seems to deliver. It was the same case with Lime's platform too!
  • i think we wrote a good platform
  • They brought good and thoughtful aims that makes me feel confident on this that I will be certain Europeia will be in safe hands for the next term and I am a bit unsure on what they are thinking about for the F/S update. But, the gameside aims seem really good and I feel good about that for them.
Among people who read SkyGreen's platform (28 respondents), the numbers break down like this: 39% Very Satisfied, 39% Somewhat Satisfied, and 22% Not Satisfied. These numbers are pretty similar to Gaudosia's, and the comments are equally spread out, with some liking the platform, and others not.

NovP4.jpg
  • Has WAA ever actually been involved in doing data on endos? Maybe I'm not privy to those convos, but I can't recall it being so.
  • A really good plan, and the most reliable person to execute it.
  • Darcness/UPC's platform's aims is good, but it seems like it is going to be very disciplined, structured operations in Europeia and that is a good thing for some things, but not for all things in Europeia. They should make sure to have a fine balance of good polices and operations, and having political Europeia enjoyable as well. But I think the main thing to focus on is the gameside/forum integration and F/S update. Their aims for those issues are really good and I support them. Finally, Darcness/UPC I think will be decent people to run Europeia.
Among people who read Darcness' platform (25 respondents) the numbers break down like this: 24% Very Satisfied, 60% Somewhat Satisfied, 16% Not Satisfied. These numbers are pretty different from the previous platforms, as they show the largest amount of overall satisfied, but a large dropoff in terms of "Very Satisfied". This is also the platform with the least amount of "Not Satisfied". The public reaction suggests that this platform strikes the most middle ground in the field, without exciting as many voters as the others.

NovP5.jpg

Overall, respondents seem pretty satisfied with the field, but the large amount of "Somewhat satisfied" suggests there might be room for a new ticket to enter the race and find a lane.

NovP6.jpg

Here's how these numbers break down, since the graph is a little hard to read:
Gaudosia/Pichtonia - 12.5% Strong, 6.3% Lean. 18.8% Total
SkyGreen/Istillian - 25% Strong, 15.6% Lean. 40.6% Total
Darcness/UPC - 6.3% Strong, 25% Lean. 31.3% Total
Undecided - 9.4% Total

NovP7.jpg
  • Gaudosia seems to be the candidate for innovation, Sky seems to be the "it's time" candidate, and Darc seems to be the "return to what works" candidate. Man, I wish Lloen, HEM, or someone else would stand up.
  • i forgot about minskiev/comfed, if it's just a joke campaign might be smart to unstand before the election opens
  • I'm disappointed in both the Darc-UPC and Sky-Ist platforms. There isn't a lot of substance in either and both more or less are continuing with the status quo. That's not what we need right now.
  • Gaudosia has really impressed me this time around, a great improvement over his last 2 elections!
  • I am conflicted between the three candidates that have platforms because there is a lot of good candidates to pick from. They all have good aims and I really want to make sure to vote for the best person to lead Europeia through the F/S update and keeping Europeia as good as ever. I say let's see what happens first before making a decision for the election.
This question shows two of three undecided moving to SkyGreen, with the other one moving to Darcness. The "joke campaign" Minskiev/Comfed who will also be on the ballot come Election Day garners no support. As of now, no candidate captures a majority of the populace, and we're looking at a real possibility of a runoff. Future polling will ask who would win that runoff, but things are early days, and there is much campaigning to be done.

For now, we can see that all tickets that are not SkyGreen/Istillian will be playing catch-up going into the next stage of the election. SkyGreen/Istillian, meanwhile, needs to get to the next level to avoid a runoff. There are some helpful insights in the comments for the candidates to peruse, so we may see some adjustments as the candidates progress in this race. Lots to keep an eye on as we get closer to Sunday's debate. Until next time this is Calvin Coolidge, readying his body.

I was pretty disappointed in all of the platforms, to be frank. Maybe that's a me thing.

Some juicy data here Calvin, love the analysis!

As someone who is critical of the current batch of candidates, I find it interesting that some consternation seems to exist around them and yet the percent saying they aren't satisfied with the field is so small.

As someone who is critical of the current batch of candidates, I find it interesting that some consternation seems to exist around them and yet the percent saying they aren't satisfied with the field is so small.
Comments are a miniscule fraction of the people who reply.

Comments are a miniscule fraction of the people who reply.
I'm referring to the 1/10 poll respondents who said they were "Not satisfied", couple that with those saying they're only "Somewhat satisfied", you have yourself a majority.

I read every manifesto and have to admit some topics I just don't get.

You know what I get, though? Them sick pie charts. Another great poll analysis!!

I was pretty disappointed in all of the platforms, to be frank. Maybe that's a me thing.
I agree. This election is also more complicated because we have a big central issue (F/S) and even if I don't love the platform of the candidate on "my side" of that issue, I feel like I still have to vote for them.

Back