Freefall in Delegate Endorsements

Comfed

Exposing #REF!
Citizen
Pronouns
he/him

Freefall in Delegate Endorsements
Le Libertie's endorsement count declines by nearly 20% in one month.
NEWS | By Comfed
World Assembly Delegate Le Libertie's endorsement count now sits at 182 endorsements. This represents a drop of around 50 endorsements from approximately 230 at the end of March.

Since that date, Europeia's nation count has also declined by 75 nations (currently sitting at 685), although we are not at the current low of this period which was 671 on April 19. This decline can likely be associated with the failure of the manual recruitment helper at the end of February or beginning of March according to a call for recruiters by then-Interior Minister Vor.

On February 26 and 27, Europeia sat at 985 nations, and the decline has been slow and steady since then; Europeia sat at 760 nations from March 28 to 30 and now sits at 685, indicating a decline of 225 during the month of March and (as previously mentioned) one of 75 approximately during the month of April.

On the other hand, the decline in delegate endorsements seems to have accelerated more recently. On February 26, the designated delegate nation (Le Libertia) had 246 endorsements, which had dropped to 227 by March 29 in a loss of 24. This has dropped since then to where we stand now by 45.

What is unusual is that the decrease in endorsements indicates the opposite trend of the decrease in population during the months of March and April. The population declined dramatically during March and then has dropped considerably less so far in April. By contrast, the delegate's endorsement count declined significantly during March and then has declined by double that amount so far in April.

No matter the cause, this new situation calls into question an announcement from the Regional Security Council on March 29, establishing new endorsement caps. It assumed 200 endorsements on the delegate after potential ejections for endorsement cap violators; the delegate is currently well below this threshold before these ejections, which the RSC has warned will occur at the end of this month that has seen the largest decline in endorsements.

Meanwhile, Vice Delegate Seva sits at 155 endorsements, barely above the endorsement limit for regular security officers. Security Officers Pland Adanna, GraVandius, Pichtonia and Prim are currently at 130, 88, 85 and 82 respectively.

I, for one, had to move my WA out to pile in the Wellspring early last week. I wonder how many others are in that situation and will be back?

Generally I think it's tied to the population decline which was tied to our broken recruiting system. Thanks to UPC's new bot, that trend will hopefully begin to reverse.

I, for one, had to move my WA out to pile in the Wellspring early last week. I wonder how many others are in that situation and will be back?

Generally I think it's tied to the population decline which was tied to our broken recruiting system. Thanks to UPC's new bot, that trend will hopefully begin to reverse.
For reference, we currently have 20-25 Europeians piling in The Wellspring, which when taken into account means LL actually does have around (or even slightly over) 200 endorsements

For reference, we currently have 20-25 Europeians piling in The Wellspring, which when taken into account means LL actually does have around (or even slightly over) 200 endorsements
Assuming all of those people keep their WA in Euro endorsing WA otherwise.

Assuming all of those people keep their WA in Euro endorsing WA otherwise.
I mean, if these people are willing to move into the Wellspring when requested I assume they would also be willing to reinforce Euro if needed -- endorsements matter most when pertaining to our regional security

We also had quite a few WA nations leave the region when the caps were announced. We had cultivated a resident base that loves endotarting. When that policy stopped in light of the need for security, quite a few of those nations left. I'm not overly concerned as we're going to be spawning nations in the region very soon.

To be honest, I've actually been encouraged by the number of players joining the forum and the consistent RMB activity we've seen, we've even have residents participating in ministry work. We had a resident helping out the upvote squad. I personally voted for Stronghold after being on the fence for a long time, but I've never been as optimistic about Frontier as I am right now.

Thanks for detailing this noteworthy development, Comfed! I think we as a region (not directed at anyone lol) should make sure to avoid dismissing this issue, even if it ends up being temporary. When we’re talking about such an important topic for both regional security and the size of our community in general, we have to take it seriously.

delegate_endos_comparison.png

(do note this was rather hastily made but i did more or less correctly line up the dates)

I'm not really sure if we have cause for concern. Obviously there are certain aspects we should be looking after BUT with the already mentioned fixes to our recruitment tool, the piling in wellspring, and the negative overshoot caused by your change in endorsement policy, it would be too early to call this a freefall. I think we need to wait out for things to settle a bit first.
In 9 days we will start getting nation spawns, and we will also likely see a jump in endos once wellspring pilers return from the frontier.

Conversely I do think it's cause for concern, and something that we should be actively keeping an eye on and biting our nails a bit over; but given the circumstances of why we're here (sweeping changes to the game itself, issues with the tools, etc.) I don't really think it's something that could've been easily avoided by LL, or solved easily by anyone in leadership.

Yeah, I definitely echo a lot of what has already been said here: our inability to effectively recruit for the past few weeks combined with our stricter endocap has resulted in a noticeable loss in endorsements. Not to mention Wellspring, which strips away the padding I usually have.

The RSC has been closely monitoring my endocounts alongside those of most in the region. The possibility of still needing to eject a substantial number of nations is a bigger concern to me compared to what I see now, which is why we're working hard to continue helping WA nations get in compliance with our endocaps.

(do note this was rather hastily made but i did more or less correctly line up the dates)

I'm not really sure if we have cause for concern. Obviously there are certain aspects we should be looking after BUT with the already mentioned fixes to our recruitment tool, the piling in wellspring, and the negative overshoot caused by your change in endorsement policy, it would be too early to call this a freefall. I think we need to wait out for things to settle a bit first.
In 9 days we will start getting nation spawns, and we will also likely see a jump in endos once wellspring pilers return from the frontier.
What's the graph comparing? Is that regional population to WA endorsements?

Just on the article itself, there has been a fairly sharp decline in WA endorsements in the region in general I think. Just with nations CTE, leaving the region and the collapse of our manual recruitment. Unfortunately I can't show my WA endorsements since I swapped WA nations for ERN ops, but for the past month or two my endorsements went from the high 100s to the low 90s/high 80s very quickly and most of that was natural.

What's the graph comparing? Is that regional population to WA endorsements?

Just on the article itself, there has been a fairly sharp decline in WA endorsements in the region in general I think. Just with nations CTE, leaving the region and the collapse of our manual recruitment. Unfortunately I can't show my WA endorsements since I swapped WA nations for ERN ops, but for the past month or two my endorsements went from the high 100s to the low 90s/high 80s very quickly and most of that was natural.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=lime82/detail=trend/censusid=66
You can definitely see a steep drop before you resigned from the WA.

This was a good read! Not an area of the game I give much thought to honestly

Not to gravedig, but just as a small update for those who are interested:

This is a graph showing the endorsement counts of LL and UPC since the start of the decline I described in this article. The delegate transition is visible where their respective lines on the graph abruptly intersect. We're definitely better off from when LL's count was in the late 180s, but we've still not caught up to our pre-frontier levels.

This is a graph showing the endorsement counts of LL and UPC since the start of the decline I described in this article. The delegate transition is visible where their respective lines on the graph abruptly intersect. We're definitely better off from when LL's count was in the late 180s, but we've still not caught up to our pre-frontier levels.
This was the smoothest transition I've ever been a part of -- almost flawless.
I think we went from confirmation to transition in less than a day.
1706753339341.png

1706753339341.png
I would hope so, that was weeks of planning and nail-biting

1706753339341.png
I would hope so, that was weeks of planning and nail-biting
Yeah, I seem to recall there were a lot of allied sailors tied up elsewhere, but then those holds cleared up just in time and they all came in and pushed us over within an update or two of when UPC was confirmed.

Thanks for reviving this! Here's a bit of extra context for those who are interested:

As of right now (2024-02-05), we have 274 WA nations in the region, and 206 of them are endorsing me (an endorsement yield of 75.2%). At the end of February/beginning of March last year, we had ~300 WAs and ~250 del endorsements (approximately an 80% yield). Most major UCRs & the feeders tend to sit in this 70-80% range, so we are doing alright at the moment, though there is certainly room for improvement. And it is definitely an improvement from the day of the Delegacy transition, when our endorsement yield was around 65% (though of course this number will be skewed by the number of pilers that we brought in for the transition).

(Data borrowed from IA's Census)

Anyways, we are continuing to work towards both growing our WA population and improving the endorsement yield from our existing members. And honestly a lot of the latter is just waiting for 10 year old nations to log in for long enough to check their telegrams. If anyone wants to know more about these programs or help out with them, feel free to shoot me a DM!

Back