Forum Structure Revision

I'm going to work on this over the long weekend. We're going to be overhauling forum permissions, and a new plan for the forum structure goes hand in hand with that. If you have input on the proposed changes in this thread, please give it.

I will also be archiving some things like the IJCC and the Regional Service Center which will make a difference as well.
What's the latest "draft" of what the forum will be revised to look like?

Users who use the index are trained to ignore the Culture Hub because the Spam Zone inside of it generates too much 'unread' noise. I'd like to see the Spam Zone be a top-level forum.

Users who use the index are trained to ignore the Culture Hub because the Spam Zone inside of it generates too much 'unread' noise. I'd like to see the Spam Zone be a top-level forum.
And make the Culture Hub a main-page forum or...?

And make the Culture Hub a main-page forum or...?
Europeia Station
- Republic Square
- Culture Hub
- Spam Zone

^ That's my preference. However, I would be okay if the other forums inside Culture Hub were put inside RS instead.

What would you do with the EBC and LethoMonarchy?

One is for private media and the other is the government mouthpiece. Best not to conflate the two but rather keep them separate, but both still in the Europeian station imo. OR move the EBC into the ministry of communications, as it is the government mouthpiece and in practical terms is the public side of that ministry.

One is for private media and the other is the government mouthpiece. Best not to conflate the two but rather keep them separate, but both still in the Europeian station imo. OR move the EBC into the ministry of communications, as it is the government mouthpiece and in practical terms is the public side of that ministry.
The EBC should stand on its own, if nothing else because we direct non-citizen traffic there, and making it part of the MinComm is... disjointed. I think leaving those two where they are (or even moving their category further up the list) is fine.

2) Move the ERN HQ under the Octagon, possibly moving Navy sign-ups to the Octagon.
Done (The Navy Signup thread can be moved by the Grand Admiral should they so desire).
3) Move all political parties and societies under one parent forum with a stickied link to the party/society application and perhaps also party membership applications.
Done. The stickied thread can be added later.
4) Move the Republic Square to the Europeian Station. Delete the Cultural Hub and move subforums (after pruning unused ones) under the Republic Square.
Done, sorta. Republic Square and Cultural Hub have been moved to Europeian Station as they are. I would still like to see the Spam Zone moved into it's own top-level forum so it's not drowning out other content.
5) Rename the Red Light District to a name appropriate for housing only the EBC and Letho-Monarchy Media Center (maybe also the new Parties/Societies main forum)
Parties/Societies Category moved into Red Light District. A suitable name is a quick and easy fix.
6) Combine the Office of Diplomatic and Foreign Relations into 17 Dove's Swoop Lane (embassy forum), potentially with a more practical name.
The subforums for diplomatic initiatives have been moved to 17 Dove's Swoop lane. The Office itself remains, as that has all of the diplomatic visa applications (and it makes sense for those to be the top of the list).

Back