Footer media buttons [completed]

r3naissanc3r said:
hyanygo said:
A lot of our forum has been flattened straight to Europeia Blue
The footer media buttons aside, do you think this is an issue with our forum design more generally?
No, I don't think it's a problem. The necessary parts of the forum have been blued.

BTW, not sure if this is related to this change, but put me down as officially "not a fan" that links on the forum are no longer underlined. When you use BBCode tags within a post, it's frustrating to not have them jump out as being links that should be clicked, especially when links are being worked into text.

Mousebumples said:
BTW, not sure if this is related to this change, but put me down as officially "not a fan" that links on the forum are no longer underlined. When you use BBCode tags within a post, it's frustrating to not have them jump out as being links that should be clicked, especially when links are being worked into text.
I like the lack of underlining with hyperlinks on the forum interface - looks cleaner in my opinion, especially in the Government drop-down menu in the forum header. I agree with Mouse when it comes to actual posts, though. Is there a way of turning on underlining in posts but not around the rest of the forum?

Ah sorry, I thought the classic skin already had separate code for links in posts. This shouldn't be an issue any more.

Thanks for the fix! The different color will take some getting used to, but I agree with Dem that the main forum setup looks much classier without all the underlines everywhere. :D

I love the current set-up.

Rand said:
I thought you preferred the version without the colors :p .

I think Hy makes a good argument for keeping the colors. We need the buttons to pop out relative to the rest of the skin, same as we need the ads in the header to pop out relative to the rest of the header.

Given this, and given that even those who prefer the colorless design still like the current one, I am going to leave the footer buttons in their current form.

r3naissanc3r said:
Rand said:
I thought you preferred the version without the colors :p .

I think Hy makes a good argument for keeping the colors. We need the buttons to pop out relative to the rest of the skin, same as we need the ads in the header to pop out relative to the rest of the header.

Given this, and given that even those who prefer the colorless design still like the current one, I am going to leave the footer buttons in their current form.
r3n, I've gotten reports that the Discord button at the bottom of the forum isn't successfully linking to discord.

Discord link works fine for me - using Firefox for Windows.

Works okay for me using I.E.

HEM said:
r3n, I've gotten reports that the Discord button at the bottom of the forum isn't successfully linking to discord.
Can whoever made those reports post more details here? It seems to be working fine, both for me and for others.

It goes to the page, but if you click to open the app on the page, you are turn on the server. I'm not sure it's possible to link directly to chat itself. TSP's doesn't either, and I couldn't see anything in the discord FAQ.

Ah, so by "not working" you mean not sending you to the Euro server. Rather than, you know, not working :p .

I had asked for a link sending to the Euro server instead of just the app, but as nobody among the admins seemed to know how to generate one, I put plain discord as a placeholder.
Brunhilde said:
Clickity Try that link instead, r3n.

If you need it, I can also provide you with the HTML widget that we have.
Mousebumples said:
Does using the Invite as the link help at all?

i.e. http://discord.gg/0inr31yb45GhOZ3x

I'd think that might be similar to the Skype link, but I'm not sure since I'm logged into Discord on all my devices ... >_>
Thanks. What's the difference between these two links? The first one seems to work fine, in that it opens the discord app and, as soon as you join, takes you to the Euro server. The second one seems to do the same, but as I was already in Euro's server by the time I clicked it, I can't be sure.

Are people looking for something different than the behavior I described above? As Mal said, I don't believe it is possible to go straight to chat without having to click to join the app first.

Also, what's the HTML widget?

r3naissanc3r said:
Also, what's the HTML widget?

Code:
<iframe src="https://discordapp.com/widget?id=129372441083379712&theme=dark" width="350" height="500" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"></iframe>

They also have a JSON API

As for the rest of your message, those links do essentially the same thing by serving as an invite to the server's main chat so if that's what they did for you, they're working as intended. The issue is that the one in the footer wasn't performing that task.

Back