Flash Poll Results

Lime

Lime Green At Last
Associate Justice
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Because of the recent entry of new candidates in both the Senate and First Minister elections, as well as a relatively poor responses rate (20) I have decided not to do a full article on these results and instead spend my time launching a new updated poll. You can view the results of this poll here and I will provide my quick overview/analysis below.

Senate Election

These results suggest we are in for a very tight election, and I expect with the addition of two new candidates this will continue to be the case. GraVandius and Darkslayer are the clear frontrunners with almost all respondents considering them both, and again almost all respondents saying they would vote for both of them. Verteger, SEC, Lime and Prim are neck and neck. It might be a surprise to see Prim in the position he is given his legislative experience and approval ratings from this outgoing term. Forilian is far behind with just five people considering him and just two saying they would vote for him.

First Minister Election

According to these responses in a two-way race, Xecrio/Ervald would easily defeat Peeps/Forilian. Just a quarter of respondents said they would vote for Peeps/Forilian and most concerning of all, less than half of respondents said they were even considering them. The bad news continues for Peeps/Forilian with 60% of respondents saying they were dissatisfied with their platform in some form. For Xecrio/Ervald the news is far more positive with only 10% of respondents saying they were dissatisfied with their platform.

Conclusion

Until we have new data released we won't fully know how the new candidates will affect the two races. In the Senate election, it looks very likely that we'll have a very close race and this will likely be amplified by a smaller Senate. In the First Minister election, Xecrio/Ervald appear to be the frontrunners and will be the ticket most dangerous for McEntire/Monkey. Peeps/Forilian will need to do something drastic to improve their standing, this could be an updated platform, detailed responses to questions or a strong debate performance.

EuroWeekly has now published a second flash poll which you can take here. The poll will remain open for 24hrs and hopefully this poll won't become obsolete! :p

Interesting results. Glad to hear your personal take things too, really helps to understand other people's perspectives.

Poll taken - I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the new additions shake up the race. Quite nice to have this poll for comparison, even if it became obsolete quickly :p

Back