Fireside Chat with Ervald

Fireside Chat with Ervald
Written by Darcness

(Europeia - April 30, 2018) Ervald, the current Minister of World Assembly Affairs, believes that Europeia is a place with many opportunities. In fact, he's been taking advantage of some of these opportunities himself lately, and has been seen both in the Senate and in the Cabinet. The EBC had the chance to sit down with Ervald recently and discuss the state of our region.

Ervald's efforts in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs are well known. In particular, he has been working hard on his agenda to educate our citizens with regard to the World Assembly, and showing faith in the Junior Ministers that work with him. "I believe that any member of my ministry that is well knowledged in World Assembly Affairs and can be dedicated to leading a team of workers could take over for me as Minister one day."

Being a minister this term is different than many others, with both the Governmental Accountability Office and the Chief of Staff's office keeping tabs on our ministries. This is not the first time in the Cabinet for Ervald, and when asked about the differences, he said, "I prefer the current system so I can keep myself in check with my goals and making sure I am executing our agenda for the ministry."

Well known for his love of flags and urban planning, Ervald is also a founding member of the Europeian Design Institute (EDI), an organization which styles itself as 'an organization devoted to the creation, critique, and improvement of all types of designs'. While the EDI has publicly been quiet as of late, Ervald said that there are plans for the future of the organization. "The Europeian Design Institute is planning to set up a thread showing the designs we have produced in the past and also a thread where people can apply for us to commission a design for them." Something for all of Europeia to look forward to.

Ervald's service in the region isn't new. He has had previous terms as both a senator and the Minister of Culture. In the past, however, those terms were not viewed favorably by the populace. After a long-term sabbatical, he's come back, and shown not only a strong Senate term, but is halfway through a good one in the Cabinet as well. Could this all be a precursor to a run for the Goldenblock? Ervald had this to say. "I dearly love this region and I am proud to be a public servant to my fellow Europeians. While I am not sure what my plans are on the horizon, I would like to serve in the Goldenblock someday."

There are many opportunities in Europeia, and Ervald has certainly worked to reach for them. He has shown that being knocked down isn't important: but coming back is. To keep trying. Finally, a little advice from the man himself. "To all of the new citizens out there, ... Europeia is a region of boundless opportunities. If you're feeling lost or too nervous to do something, don't be. Every path begins with a little step like joining a ministry or asking someone to help you. You just have to take that step. Once you do, you could be a Senator in a month or even President in a year. There is nothing stopping you."

Great advice from Ervald at the end. Good work, Darc!

It was my pleasure to be interviewed by the EBC!

Back