Exit Poll Results

This poll had 46 respondents, and the amount of respondents that voted represented over half of the total voters in the recent election. In the future, the EBC will consider whether or not to organize an exit poll for voters to take right after voting to try to increase the amount of respondents, relative to the number of voters.

Demographics

Non-Voter Questions

Why didn't you vote?
  • I have no Internet connection at home, so I have to go to an Internet Cafe.
  • Didnt know
  • I have a poor sence of memory.
What, if anything, would you suggest be done differently in the future to get you to vote?
  • More advertising
  • I would vote regardless

Voter Questions

Mouse note: As a follow-up, I wish I'd asked how successful such an outreach was.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions that would help encourage more Europeians to vote in the next election?
  • take political prisoners
  • None; 79 votes is quite the turnout.
  • Compulsory voting! If not they lose citizenship!
  • We got a hell of a lot of people to vote this election. Do what you did this election and do it more!
  • Forumside e-mails from Administration as well as PM's.
  • More? We had 65+ voters.
  • Try sending a PM to all eligible voters when standing opens (so they have elections on the brain for the next week) and then again after polls open. That way, any citizen that visits the forums will get a popup reminding them to vote.
  • No we broke the record by far.
  • NONE.
  • We had a really good voter turnout this time around so whatever was done was effective.
  • Advertise the crap out of this amazing turnout, increased focus on Integration to get people onto the forums, talk to newcomers to figure out best ways to keep people on the forums with citizenship
  • Encouraging Europeians that are not active in NationStates or semi active( getting on their nation and answering issues) to play an more active role in Europeia.
  • Not really, I think it showed this time that interesting candidates and a tough battle encourages people to vote as we had the highest amount of votes in Europeian history.
  • Nope! I'm impressed, as a former member of the NRP, I'm glad Europeia has improved voter engagement significantly.
  • I would suggest that somehow we make it so that people cannot withhold votes until the end as seen this election and that anyone caught doing it without reasonable excuse would be punished.

Mouse Note: This is probably how the breakdown of voters among respondents breaks down, but between this poll and the "confirm polls" on the Kraken and NK pages, there's a little bit of variability, so hard to know for sure. Unless people were really forgetful, however, this poll does represent a slightly greater number of NK supporters.

Other write-in comments:
  • Sopo had been President before.
  • amount of puppies kicked
  • Concern over the future of foreign affairs.
  • I dont really like how Kraken or Trinn responded to the "condemn TCB" question in their platform. I feel like that coup by Zenny was worthy of a declaration of a condemnation and breaking of diplomatic ties.
  • The other ticket just wasn't a viable option, to be honest both tickets sucked.
  • Vision
  • Serious concerns about the future of FA under NK/Sopo. We've already had a number of FA missteps the past few terms that needed to be corrected, so we needed a solid FA Presidential term.
  • Being on the ticket
  • Members of their cabinet as well as attitude of the candidates towards questions, work put into platforms, etc.
  • Fellow sloth.
  • Really liked their plan for the region as laid out in their platform

Kraketopia/Trinnien Ticket

Mouse Note: This is the anomaly result. Most likely the outlier, as an FYI as you evaluate the coming responses.

Mean - 3.51
Median - 4
Mode - 4

What comments do you have on their platform?
  • Generally well formed. Would have liked to see more about mixlr.
  • It really was uninspiring and looked like a text that was rushed.
  • The platform itself was lacking, but Kraketopia's answers to questions were far superior to NK's.
  • Condemn Zenny for her unlawful takeover of TCB and sever diplomatic ties until Zenny either brings fair elections back or resigns!
  • Solid but underwhelming.
  • I think that the initial platform post by Kraken may have lacked the detail many had really wanted to see. However, I think Kraken, and myself to a lesser extent, did an excellent job at fleshing out our responses and thoughts. I believe we were also slightly caught off guard by the increased political nature of this campaign and the efforts to really involve Citizens - a very welcome change, but not something that has been seen in Europeia for a while now.
  • There was nothing revolutionary to it.
  • There were a lot of comments about this being a "light" platform, but really the only thing I saw lacking was mixlr, which Kraken clarified later on. It was good.
  • Seemed kinda like a pillow, full of fluff, responses weren't bad, but some were unrealistic.
  • The original platform was uninspiring and looked rushed. It seemed that Kraken wasn't taking possible competition seriously. However, his responses to the many questions asked were measured, informative, and thorough. They resolved the majority of the concerns I had with the platform originally.
  • Weak on specifics
  • It was a bit lackluster
  • Their platform was a little sparse on details, but their answers to questions posed to them made up for the initial lack of detail.
  • The ticket was very well put together.
  • The questions were well-answered, but the platform was majorly lacking in some areas - no mention of Mixlr, less of the "how" in terms of plans, and I expected more from a candidate who had been planning this for at least a month. I got the impression that Kraketopia was coasting or resting on laurels a bit
  • Terrible stance on foreign affairs.
  • Some quite solid points on FA, although lacking in detail in many other aspects.
  • The way they're going to organize Foreign Affairs is extremely counter productive in my view
  • They were lacking a really big platform and didn't go into detail like Ninja Kittens

Mean - 4
Median - 4
Mode - 4

Mouse note: By the numbers, Kraken won the Foreign Affairs debate.

What comments do you have on his performance in the Foreign Affairs Debate?
  • Kraken understands FA, but seemed a little reserved/over confident.
  • He did a solid performance that illustrated a clear path to the future in foreign affairs, particularly how to promote independence and truly mentor future foreign affairs experts.
  • Kraketopia seemed to get really vicious against NK in the debate.
  • Condemn Zenny for her unlawful takeover of TCB and sever diplomatic ties until Zenny either brings fair elections back or resigns!
  • Solid but underwhelming.
  • There wasn't really any doubt or concern that this would be Kraken's strong debate. With his experience as Grand Admiral and as former President, it's hard to think he could've stumbled here.
  • This was a very dominating performance by someone with a lot of experience in this area. An easy win that, hopefully, won him the election.
  • He knows his FA, so it was expected that he do well. When he pushed back on NK's answers, at times, it almost felt like he was picking on the little kid at the FA table, which didn't look great.
  • Overall winner, however.
  • Kraken has few equals when it comes to FA
  • His responses were well articulated and seemed pretty specific about his plans. This is where most of his experience is, so it makes sense that he was able to blow this debate away.
  • Strong performance, clear that he was in-the-know and had been well-prepped for this. Foreign is his strength and there's a reason he has been in the EAAC.
  • He was bang on target on every answer.
  • I have to give him lower marks than his actual comments deserve because I felt that he was being unwarranted rude to NK during the debate. Pointing out differences in experience is one thing, sniping is another entirely.

Mean - 3.06
Median - 3
Mode - 3

What comments do you have on his performance in the Domestic Debate?
  • NK's debate answers were full of factual errors and Kraken did nothing to correct her. This could lead to misinformation spreading further.
  • When he did attack, he seemed very hostile, but he focused on minor structural issues rather than the whopping errors."
  • Solid but underwhelming. Also, way too aggressive/snarky at NK at times.
  • Kraken did okay, but we knew going in that wasn't going to be an easy win for us. Format, way too much time spent on splitting of the Interior Ministry versus actual tasks/goals, a lack from the debate moderators to engage with more interesting in depth questions or follow up, are all aspects that affected that debate. That being said, Kraken's no nonsense side can come shining through when it feels like progress isn't being made and so it gave an air of hostility between himself and Ninja Kittens that isn't there on a personal level.
  • Not as dominating as the Foreign Debate, but still a good performance that showed he had realistic goals for this area of the region.
  • Both candidates did terribly in the Domestic Debate. In Kraken's case, he pushed back on NK on things that overall don't matter - i.e. whether or not to have ministers - rather than on policy choices that do matter. Both candidates lost this debate, in my view.
  • Kraken and Trinn have spent no time in interior of late thus they are a bit out of touch in that area
  • He was a little bit aggressive in this debate.
  • Seemed a bit on the aggressive side, but solid answers otherwise. Didn't blow me away.
  • Eh.
  • Again I felt that both candidates in this debate got quite rude with each other instead of staying focused on the issues at hand.

Are there any other factors that impacted your decision on whether or not to vote for Kraketopia/Trinnien for President?
  • Trinn's statement, "The main thing is to understand that there are many factors that go into deciding in how to respond to events.", in regards to TCB question really turned me off from their ticket. That and the Party endorsement also.
  • I really love Trinnien. He's a great guy. Kraketopia has done so much for the Region. I wish he would've campaigned a little harder instead of coasting.
  • Well, as of today I am now Vice President. It may have impacted my voting a bit.
  • Domestic plans felt out of touch with reality.
  • I just flat didn't trust the NK ticket.
  • Didn't want to keep electing the same people as President over and over.
  • I mostly voted for them because I thought Trinnien was the most active and involved of the 4 candidates over the past term. I believe Kraken will be active enough to be a leader as President, as he has a solid group of Ministers assemble to execute his vision and plan. I think he's also determined to end his time of super-activity in Europeia on a high note and will hopefully be sure to hold his Ministers accountable.
  • A personal message from the Kraketopia
  • Kraken's experience, as well as his campaign style and answers on his platform convinced me. I also like Trinn.
  • To be honest, I would have been a lot more likely to vote for this ticket if Trinnien was at the top of the ticket.
  • Not really.
  • Kraketopia having been leader before, I believed it was not in the region's interest for him to return to power.

Ninja Kittens/Sopo Ticket

Mean - 3.65
Median - 4
Mode - 4

Mouse note: By the numbers, Ninja Kittens-Sopo won on platform. (3.65 versus 3.51) The Median and Mode were the same, however; so it was very close.

What comments do you have on their platform?
  • NK didn't respond to many questions.
  • I liked the mixlr was called out.
  • It was reasonable though it had holes in it that were picked apart.
  • Good initial platform, but NK completely ignored several questions, which was concerning.
  • NK/Sopo had a good platform. I do think they were slightly hurt that NK hadn't been able to respond to as many questions herself and Sopo had taken point. Still, I am unsure if that was a really a big consideration for many voters.
  • They had new ideas and fresh blood. The region is in a steady enough position to try a more progressive candidate.
  • For a first-time Presidential candidate, this was pretty good, if impractical.
  • NK didn't answer enough questions, and I think that cost her the election.
  • The ticket was full of holes and general platitudes. When the ticket was asked for clarification, the Presidential candidate couldn't be bothered to answer a lot of the questions, and the Vice Presidential candidate answered some but not all of the questions. I have serious questions as to how much of the platform was actually written by NK and how much was put together by her VP or others, so I also wondered how much of the platform she truly understood in great detail due to her unwillingness (or inability?) to answer questions that asked for more detail.
  • Energizeing, presented a vision
  • The platform was clear and had some details, but it was also not really substantial enough to warrant a higher score from me. It looked like they spent a lot of time on it though.
  • The platform is very well put together.
  • Like Kraken's, lacked a lot of the "how" but they at least addressed Mixlr and the questions were answered well enough in my opinion.
  • Pretty good overall.
  • Platform was extremely well written, plans sounded amazing. I especially loved the re-organization of Interior.
  • Ninja Kittens and Sopo were very clear and went into depth with their ideas for the term and I liked what they were saying. Lots had been said before by others, but hadn't really been acted on.
  • Though less specific than Kraketopia/Trinn their platform highlighted a different take on FA that I felt I agreed with more.

If you could have one item from the Ninja Kittens/Sopo platform included within the plans of President Kraketopia this term, what would it be and why?
  • I believe Kraken will do this within comms, but I hope he focuses on developing mixlr and integrating it into cultural events.
  • On-the-job learning for diplomats. FA isn't like the WA. You have to actually get out and do stuff to learn.
  • Maybe trying this Ministry of Mixlr thing?
  • Interior. The combined Ministry of the Interior has proven to be ineffective. We need to focus on Recruitment and Integration separately, not together! It makes both Ministries strong if we have a Minister and a team for both of them!
  • Kraketopia had substance but NK had vision. I really hope Kraketopia's ticket isn't a stabilizer for Trinnien to jump and run; I hope there's real vision for the Region to go forward, a vision for the greatness we can achieve today, and tomorrow.
  • Neither Kraken or I felt that Mixlr needed a separate Ministry, but it does deserve a devoted Deputy and attention. As I personally am a big fan of Mixlr, I can promise that myself and our Comms Minister will be working to make use of
  • Mixlr regularly.
  • Ministry of the Radio. Mixlr already operates independently and it deserves full attention.
  • Something with Culture, those plans were good.
  • Kraken/Trinn omitted Mixlr in their original platform, and while they did expound on that later, I hope that they make it more of a focus than it's been under the previous terms. While we have used Mixlr with Cultural events historically (under both Presidents Malashaan, Mousebumples, and Sopo), it's been lacking recently and should be a re-emphasis.
  • Ministry of Mixlr
  • Increased incentives for recruitment/ Split ministry
  • Some focus on the Culture Hub
  • Not so much one item, but a large focus on Mixlr this coming term to bring it back to what it was and see it reach what it can be as a tool for Europeia.
  • Splitting of interior, integration doesn't get enough of effort being put into it and a separate ministry would fix that.
  • I would have the re-structure of Interior added, because our current system of Interior is broken (as NK's platform pointed out)
  • Fix the Ministry of Interior. It is an issue and integration, I say from experience as a relative newcomer, has been lacking.
  • The FA plan, although that's not going to happen.

Mean - 3.09
Median - 3
Mode - 3

What comments do you have on her performance in the Foreign Affairs Debate?
  • She held her own against an expert, but the difference in experience showed.
  • She tried, but (a) some of her policies were honestly terrible and (b) I am not sure she understood quite a few of the nuances.
  • Didn't see it, but I'm sure she did great.
  • Underwhelming, but managed to take her punches on the chin.
  • I think NK did pretty well here considering. However, I do think the nearly stock definition she gave on "What is Independence" hurt her, as it didn't give the impression that she had formulated her own thoughts on what it means. Still, she generally held her own, even if not really being able to overcome Kraken here.
  • This showed her complete lack of experience in this area, and how the region would be negatively impacted in this field by electing her. She was very unprepared.
  • She performed admirably, but it was clear that she wasn't as knowledgeable on this from as her opponent. That's often not enough to sink a candidate, provided they surround themselves with others that are more experienced, as NK did. However, given the questionable FA actions at points during the past terms, I felt that a stronger FA hand was needed at point in Europeia's existence.
  • She's not Kraken :p
  • Not as much substance as I would have liked to see. But She held her own for the most part against someone with a ton of FA experience.
  • She was out of her depth on a few answers, but held her own otherwise. To be honest, the biggest part of her Foreign Affairs Debate that piqued my interest was accidentally letting slip who her Foreign Minister was. She knew Foreign was her weakest area, so she chose a Vice President and Foreign Minister who would shore up her Administration in that area.
  • Meh.
  • In this one at least NK managed to remain professional despite Krak's sniping.

Mean - 3.74
Median - 4
Mode - 4

Mouse note: By the numbers, Ninja Kittens won the Domestic debate.

What comments do you have on her performance in the Domestic Debate?
  • Lots of inaccurate statements, falling loosely into 2 categories. First, misstatements about current structures and procedures; some of the proposed changes were things we already do. Second, stating we have never done various things that we have previously spent large amounts of time on.
  • Didn't see it, but I'm sure she did great.
  • Underwhelming.
  • NK did better here than in the FA debate but I think failed to capitalize on an area that is Kraken's weak spot. I don't know if she just never saw an opening, if it was the format, but I think she could've won a lot bigger here than she did.
  • Roughly the same performance as Kraken, so she vastly improved from last time.
  • "She made a number of factually untrue statements, but Kraken failed to push back on those and instead chose to fight her on things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Examples:
    1) ""Euro has never fully integrated Mixlr into Cultural Festivals.""
    False - The 2014 Winter Ball used a number of Mixlr shows as a part of the programming. We had a number of interviews, games, and more. The TSP-Europeia gameside festival also incorporated interviews and games within it, during Mouse's Presidency. President Sopo incorporated Mixlr into the Europeian Anniversary celebration during his term. There are probably more that I'm forgetting, but to say that it's never been done is wholly untrue.
    2) Moving CSO to the Ministry of Interior
    False - the CSO was already in MoI this past term. While the VP was in charge of the Patron Program, the CSO was not.
    There were other bits that were slightly misleading, but these are things that I feel the region needs to know and understand to be untrue despite both candidates accepting these as factually true statements."
  • she has a strong grip on internal issues as she has spent most of her time dealing with them.
  • She held her own and this debate allowed her to show off her own skills and experience.
  • Some solid answers, some glaring misses. Kraken could have been much harsher if he had addressed some major misses - like not knowing who was running the CSO this term.
  • Pretty good.
  • Both candidates descended into sniping for this debate.

Mean - 1.88
Median - 1
Mode - 1

Mouse Note: I wish I had somehow clarified whether or not anyone voted against NK/Sopo because of the endorsement.

What comments do you specifically have on this Presidential endorsement or, generally, on political party endorsements?
  • Obvious it would happen as they team under the ACE banner. I find parties quite ridiculous seeing as how they merely tend to look at who's running for their party rather than the candidates and their merit. No secret NK would get the endorsement.
  • After the interior debate performance, it has significantly damaged their reputation.
  • It was devoid of content, and I am not usually swayed anyway.
  • Political party endorsements are good because often, the parties make up a block of voters that can help the candidate.
  • Endorsements are a tricky thing. I'm a follower of Kraken and I consider him a close friend, but the Party endorsed NK and Sopo, so I was torn. I eventually voted NK.
  • This was the first election where I'd say the Party Machine really had an impact. I don't know if we'll see in the future more parties or involvement, but it is definitely a movement to keep an eye on.
  • I think they are harmful, and this election showed it. We almost elected someone with a very harmful FA platform to the Goldenblock just because the ACE party members liked her. Newcomers who see an endorsed candidate vs. a non-endorsed one might vote based on that, rather than the actual candidate's ideas/experience etc. I wouldn't miss political parties if they suddenly disbanded.
  • Political parties are useless junk in the region, and recently seem to be trying to create a divide.
  • I think Presidential endorsements are more likely to impact the votes of the undecided or less involved voters. It's also possible that some party members felt obligated to vote for that ticket because of the endorsement. That's not bad - and it's part of politics and political parties - but I historically take these endorsements with a grain of salt.
  • I think political party endorsements do add another layer to the candidate's platform and competency for the position. It isn't the only thing to take into consideration, but it adds credibility.
  • Well, political parties are relevant now so I guess these endorsements matter to those in the party.
  • I believe that if and/or when Europeian Political Parties have a fair bit of power and say within government and have a generally large presence, you'll find a greater impact of the party's endorsement. At this time, I believe that ACE doesn't hold the influence it requires to affect a Presidential Election, not yet.
  • If not for endorsements of candidates, political parties would have little use in Europeia, and therefore would lead to a weakening of the power of the people in the democratic process.

Are there any other factors that impacted your decision on whether or not to vote for Ninja Kittens/Sopo for President?
  • Sopo had been President before.
  • Concern how their plans for FA would impact our nascent reconciliation with TNP.
  • I was uncertain about NK's choice of MoFA; also, I was uninspired by NK's performance as senator, or of Sopo's level of activity.
  • The party endorsement impacted my vote.
  • KRAKEN AND TRINN DIDN'T CONDENM ZENNY AND TCB!!!!!!!!
  • I was the opposition.
  • Kitties aren't as scary as krakens.
  • Did I mention the FA plan? I think I did, because I remember it being extremely harmful, and ill-conceived.
  • NK just isn't ready to be president. She has had horrible activity in the past, hasn't impressed in the senate and only had one short stint as a minister(of culture which doesn't exactly equate to presidential skills on it's own) which she resigned from. Then she has been involved in some less than ideal behavior recently and overall just isn't who I could actually vote for at this time, even if her platform had gone miles and miles above and beyond.
  • Mostly serious FA concerns that made my voting for them a non-option.
  • I had some concerns that were answered to and accounted for.
  • The party I belong to (The ECP) unanimously voted for this ticket.
  • Some, but I can't talk about it. Rules against releasing information from private forums, etc.
  • Not really.

Upcoming term

What are you most excited about with the upcoming term?
  • We smashed the turnout record. I'm excited to see if we can convert that into greater long term activity.
  • Everything!
  • Seeing where Euro is headed.
  • Malashaan in interior.
  • For me, I look forward to working alongside all the Ministries and being active. I think this term we will have not a lot of activity and content, but strong organizational focus. We have had ministries in the recent past that have seemed aimless or not fully utilizing their purpose. I don't see that happening in the term ahead.
  • NIXON'S BACK. Kraken being in the Goldenblock is a wonderful thing, and I look forward to what he can do once again.
  • All star mentoring from an all-star Cabinet.
  • The overhaul of MoFA. We are not glorified messengers, or we shouldn't be.
  • I am really excited to see the work that Kraken does as president, and watch Trinn grow as a part of the region. I wasn't around when Kraken was president before, so it'll be interesting.
  • The Newcomer Focus Group will definitely be interesting once we get some results and data to work with, and generally speaking I think all of the Cabinet Ministers have a chance to be stars and lead us to new heights.
  • Nothing.
  • Not really anything much, it seems Europeia will stay a stagnant region for at least another term.
  • New President means new activities!
  • The Party politics.
  • Change :)
  • Yes

What questions do you have about the upcoming term?
  • "Mr. President?! Mr. President?! I'm ________ and the people of Euro are wondering:
    1. Why didn't you condemn Zenny?
    2. Do you plan to shut down embassies?
    3. Will you still have a grip over the ERN?
    4. Any old positions you are going to bring back?"
  • Placeholder presidency or substantive policy?
  • None really myself, but I plan to help answer questions raised and find a solution.
  • How will EBC articles be made more visible and not be hidden by the Wire?
  • None
  • No questions yet.
  • Any questions I ask will be addressed to the Kraken or his Cabinet nominees
  • Why the hell was he elected?
  • When does it end?
  • None
  • What changes will our new leader bring

What are you most concerned about with the upcoming term?
  • That the region will divide into pro-kraken and pro-NK camps.
  • The fact that neither Kraken nor Trinnien have significant experience in Interior. Malashaan is a strong candidate, but I am unsure if he'll be overworked by being a Senator as well as AJ.
  • The Ministers and Zenny and TCB.
  • That it's just a placeholder presidency.
  • If I were to say I had a concern at all, it would be that we don't have many newcomers in our Cabinet. That was a concious decision on our part. However, we do have a number of impressive newcomers that we either have, or will be, approaching for Deputy positions. My task will be to make sure that not only are these Deputy Ministers are doing their job, but that they are being utilized and learning. It does no good if given a position but then can't grow within it.
  • Kraken's activity.
  • Will the region splinter and pro-NK supporters refuse to engage and get involved under the new administration.
  • Filling of empty Justice seat.
  • I would say I am most concerned about the reconstruction that is planned. It's a lot of overhaul, and it'll be interesting to see how it all works in practice.
  • "Mixlr staying neglected, Culture falling by the wayside if something happens to Netz and she becomes unavailable, any hiccups along the way while we rebuild (or at least strengthen) the Independent Sphere.
    Biggest concern though? That this (perhaps prematurely labeled) Dream Team of Cabinet Ministers will fall short."
  • Terrible plan for Interior and Foreign Affairs.
  • A stagnant region.
  • None
  • That it will become a fascist dictatorship.

What comments do you have about President Kraketopia's Cabinet nominees?

• I don't know who they are.
  • It doesn't really seem conducive to the separation of powers to have Malashaan as a higher-up in all three branches of government.
  • While experienced as they are, where are the younger generation of Europeians? We are the future of Europeia and we need experience in the position of Minister, because when all the veterans are gone it'll just be us. So....yeah..
  • All solid. Don't particularly like cross-over serving through various branches, but what can you do?
  • I am very happy with our team. We all work together very well and have a similar sense of humor. I really look forward to assisting them.
  • I think people need to chill out. The Cabinet has a lot of veteran nominees, sure, but this is the Cabinet. You should be getting the best people to do these jobs, so the younger members can learn from the best, and that's what Kraken has set up.
  • They are all competent individuals, but I have concerns over whether calvin can actually build a comms staff rather than run the ministry himself as he use to. I also have activity concerns about some, and wonder if better options may be out there for positions like interior rather than putting mal into all three branches, I cna think of several people that are just as competent if not better, and that goes for several other ministries as well.
  • All solid nominees.
  • Should have added at least one newcomer.
  • Eh, IDK
  • There is definitely a lot of experience in the cabinet, and because of that it should provide a lot of training and learning experience for newer members who can then use that to further their own euro careers.
  • "Solid choices all around though I do wish we had a talented newcomer or two to put into the mix. Though I guess Netz isn't really establishment or old yet, is she?
    I think they can all excel but there may be the risk of not meeting high expectations going forward."
  • Couldn't care less.
  • Good.
  • I have no knowledge of this.

Who would you like to see run in the upcoming Senate election?

Individuals receiving mentions:
  • 19 - Aexnidaral
  • 12 - Ninja Kittens
  • 11 - Drecq & GraVandius
  • 9 - Malashaan
  • 7 - Agent Shades & CSP
  • 6 - Calvin & Sloosh
  • 5 - Rand & Writinglegend
  • 4 - Netz & Sopo
  • 3 - Cpt. Carrot, JGlenn, Kaboom, Notolecta, Trinnien
  • 2 - Box, Cool Spring, Hyanygo, Kuramia, McEntire, Mousebumples, Shufordbrian
  • 1 - Anumia, Hobbes, Lethen, Moronist Decisions, Tomb, Yaman, Zapper

Elections in Europeia

Write-in vote:
  • I think it would be better using another type of poll, where we can vote and see the results as they go, but we make it so that once you look at that poll, you have to vote so that we don't have people withholding votes.

Write-in votes:
  • It does have its perks, but for realism sake we should not.
  • They should take the time to decide before they vote.
  • Yeah, you might click on the wrong person, which as we've seen in this election could've of made someone president.

Any final comments on elections in Europeia?
  • who needs elections anyways?
  • That was one crazy election. I wish Kraken and Trinnien the best of luck in their term.
  • "Praise be to Nethel.
    Oh, and condemn Zenny."
  • "I think the next Senate really needs to have a thorough discussion on election law and campaigning, especially given how close this was.
    Could you imagine if there was almost a tie for US President, and the vote came down to two people? Allowing everyone to politically mechanize and wield votes starts to border on dangerous and undemocratic territory."
  • Nope. Excellent poll, Mouse!
  • "Regarding forum polls:
    Don't let people see votes until they vote. This might prevent future incidents of last-minute votes to turn the tide."
  • Good job on the turnout, guys. Let's do this from now on, okay? ;)
  • Sad that an election between sub pair tickets resulted in the highest turnout in history beyond a doubt, but it's nice we can get this level of turnout. I'd like to see more of these voters engage the campaigns though.
  • Not letting people see the current vote might impact turnout in a detrimental fashion, as there may be less awareness of a close race until it's "too late." Alternatively, it may spur GoTV efforts more, to make sure that sufficient votes are tallied in a given candidate or ticket's favor.
  • Tightest election ever, with an amazing turnout.
  • Having not seen too many elections, I can't speak for elections in general, but this one seemed pretty exceptional.
  • Best of luck, let's not start Nation War One
Poll by: Mousebumples
With thanks to: Aexnidaral, Calvin Coolidge, Moronist Decisions, Sloosh, and Zapper

If there's anything you guys want us to focus on from this poll, post them here, and we'll make some new articles based on your suggestions. :D

EDIT: Also, thank you to the staff who helped with this poll, especially Mousebumples.

DOUBLE EDIT: Mouse and I discussed our analysis of this poll on mixlr. You can listen to it here.

Kaboom said:
Was Fort even on the poll for the Senate question?
I believe it was a write-in. We posted all the people that the respondents mentioned.

These are some really interesting results. I'm happy with my and NK's performance in this election, especially for an underdog ticket. It was a learning experience for both of us, definitely. I certainly believe that we had stronger plans in some areas, but I'm satisfied with Kraken's performance so far. He's hit the ground running and has very competent people working for him.

I forgot how detailed Euro analysis of elections could be. Frankly, I love it. :wub:

Fantastic work everyone involved.

Thanks everyone! Glad you found it as interesting as I did. I hope to see some more follow-ups on parts of this from EBC over the course of this term, as I think there's a lot of data to dig through ... :D

Back