Executive Satisfaction Poll - March 2020

Executive Satisfaction Poll March 2020
Results and Analysis

Written by Istillian, McEntire & United Vietussia

We are now past the mid term and the Executive has had a drastic turnover of staff so far, as such the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation has released and reviewed the recent executive satisfaction poll. This poll attempted to gauge citizens' satisfaction with the current, and some former, executive staff. 17 respondents took the poll, and the review of the results are as follows:

Overall Satisfaction: Executive Branch

Written by Istillian & McEntire:

Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job the Executive Branch as a whole has done?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
It's been a middling term marred by resignations and plagued by inactivity.
With a region recently fraught with resignations and low activity, it comes as slightly unsurprising that the Executive Branch has received a 35.3 percent overall approval rating. With comments describing the region, as, "plagued by inactivity", it is disappointing that the leaders of our Executive have culminated a total 29.4 percent overall dissatisfaction for the term thus far, and largely the region remained unsure of where to stand with what our Executive has currently achieved.

Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job the First Minister and Cabinet has done?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Which FM?

Dax is is doing a nice job but could do better

Receiving a still low, but slightly more impressive 41.2 percent total approval rating, the citizenry still seem largely unsure and dissatisfied with the current Cabinet and First Minister; and while this may still be some leftover dissatisfaction from the previous uncertainty surrounding new leadership, the First Minister and Cabinet will need to work hard lift public opinion before the end of term.

Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job the Chief of State and Council of State has done?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
At least we still have the same COS. Where's the GA though?

Pichto is doing great
The Chief of State and Council of State received the exact same overall approval rating of 42.2 percent as it's domestic counterparts, however of note is that no respondents reported a very unsatisfied response. With one comment noting that, "Pichto is doing great", the overall feeling seems to be a still high unsure and unsatisfied public in this area, but with more optimism for the leaders in these fields.

Domestic Approval - First Minister & Cabinet

First Minister

Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job Dax has done as First Minister?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
The one substantial issue that Dax has faced, the GraV/R&D issue, has been a disaster. A real failure of leadership to let that situation fester until GraV lost his citizenship and thus his job.

DAX has just taken the reigns. Happy so far, but want to see more before saying "very satisfied."

She hasn't had much time, but she's good.

Newly appointed First Minister Dax received a decent 70.6 overall approval rating, giving the impression that respondents seem to be overall happy to see Dax taking on our domestic leadership. With responses somewhat suggesting that due to Dax's recency to the first minister role a higher rating is still yet to be decided; Dax will need to continue to impress in the role, particularly with comments from one response noting, "want to see more before saying "very satisfied."".

Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied were you with the job Sopo did as First Minister prior to resignation?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Getting out when he knew his heart wasn’t in it was a good move and merits approval.

Sopo's heart wasn't into the First Minister role and it showed. Granted, he got thrust in the position so he can be graded on a curve. Still, glad he made the decision to step down.

Sopo = good sloth

Sopo achieved a fairly mixed response from poll takers for his work as first minister, and it seemed to be looked upon favorably that he stepped down from the role; earning himself an overall 35.3 percent satisfaction rating. Although there is mixed dissatisfaction (29.4 percent overall unsatisfied) and uncertainty (35.3 percent unsure/don't know ratings) regarding Sopo, comments seem to remain positive about his ability to perform at a higher level, and the decisions he made in a tumultuous time were almost predictable given comments such as, "Sopo's heart wasn't into the First Minister role and it showed."

Second Minister

Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job Istillian has done as Second Minister?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Still pretty early - Ist is doing a good job in comms though

I like it
One Executive official receiving high marks is Second Minister Istillian, who has a total 64.7 percent approval rating, with nearly a quarter of respondents satisfied with Istillian's performance so far. These high marks may be partly due to the Second Minister's performance in the Communications Ministry, as we will see below. But so far, voters are liking what they see from Istillian.

Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied were you with the job Dax did as Second Minister prior to becoming First Minister?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Wasn't she there for like a week?
While a majority of respondents were satisfied with Dax's performance as Second Minister, only one respondent was "Very Satisfied", meaning that voters were likely a little more "meh" on Dax's tenure, with the caveat that this was likely only due to their short tenure in the role. A large portion, 35.3 percent, were unsure or undecided on the question.

Ministry of Communications
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job Istillian has done as Minister of Communications?. Number of responses: 17 responses.

[
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied were you with the job Xecrio did as Minister of Communications prior to resignation?. Number of responses: 17 responses.

Istillian's approval ratings stand in sharp contrast to voters' assessment of Xecrio's time as Communications Minister. Only 23.5 percent were satisfied with Xecrio's performance, with not a single respondent "very satisfied". Many said that they were unsure of how to judge Xecrio's performance. This is not necessarily surprising, given Xecrio's resignation.
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the Ministry of Communications?. Number of responses: 17 responses.

Not enough staff I know

RIP Xecrio
Overall though, despite a change of Ministers, voters largely approve of the Communications Ministry, which has a 70.6 percent approval rate. Only one respondent said that they were unsatisfied (although they said they were very unsatisfied -- write in to us!), which indicates a high approval of the current functioning of the Ministry. Interestingly, Istillian's approval outpaces that of the ministry as a whole, which could indicate that voters are still waiting to see the Ministry recover from a slow start, while trusting Istillian's leadership.

Written by United Vietussia:

Ministry of Interior
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job Calvin Coolidge has done as Minister of Interior?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the Ministry of Interior?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
I miss Sopo, panda still good though

Calvin Coolidge has enjoyed high approval as Minister of Interior, garnering just over 75 percent approval. Only one respondent indicated any form of disapproval for Calvin, and 17.6 percent were unsure of how to feel. A few more people were unsure about the Ministry's work as a whole compared to Calvin's, which may be a result of little info coming out of the Ministry aside from weekly recruitment reports. The Ministry recently underwent turnover after the inclusion of Research and Development in its duties, so it remains to be seen what could come out of that.

Ministry of Culture
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job Olde Delaware has done as Minister of Culture?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the Ministry of Culture?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Overall I've been really surprised at how much energy OD has brought to culture - he's a fantastic fit as minister

I want more weekend games
Olde Delaware is one of two Ministerial heads (Prim being the other) that enjoys a 0 percent disapproval rating. Nearly 90 percent of respondents approve of both OD's work and the Ministry's work as a whole. This term has seen a steady upkeep of Weekend Games, and the recent Ovation of Kuramia has had the Ministry on its toes all term, but this has been a task that OD has taken head on, much to the satisfaction of many Europeians.

Ministry of Research and Development
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job GraVandius has done as Minister of Research and Development?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the Ministry of Research and Development?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
LOL

I have no earthly idea what is going on here...an article brought to the administration's attention to the fact nothing has been done, the Minister replied with nothing helpful, and now nothing has continued to be done. We need clarification, or some kind of physical presence from the Minister pronto or this Ministry needs to be dissolved and the MIA Minister fired.

Get rid of it!

I don't really have a response here. After GraV had time off, I feel that I'm still waiting for things to start. I'm still hopeful he can pull off some activity before the end of the term, and get the ministry off its feet

Is he still alive? Is this ministry still alive? I'd really love to know
The now defunct Ministry of Research and Development failed to produce much of anything, and citizens made their dissatisfaction known, as former Minister GraVandius registered an 81.4 percent disapproval rate. Nobody indicated any approval towards either GraV or the work of the Ministry, and stronger dissatisfaction was given towards the work of the Ministry as a whole, perhaps indicating that some citizens were willing to give GraV the benefit of the doubt. At any rate, this Ministry has since been incorporated into the Ministry of Interior, and citizens are left to wonder what could have been.

Ministry of Radio
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job Cuddles has done as Minister of Radio?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the Ministry of Radio?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Cuddles has been doing an OK job, he definitely vanished for a minute there? But idk who could do the job better and we've had a steady stream of shows.

It's picked up a bit lately, but nothing happened for most of the first half of the term
Multiple comments noted that Minister cuddles seemed to be absent for a good portion of the term but that activity has now picked up again, and most respondents seem to share this sentiment. cuddles has similar approval (35.3 percent) and disapproval (41.2 percent) ratings, with a sizable portion (23.5 percent) indicating that they are unsure of cuddles' performance. Ministry performance tells a bit of a different story, with much more favorable numbers for Radio, including a 41.2 percent approval rating and only a 17.6 percent disapproval rating. However, the approval rating of the Ministry's work is equivalent to those that are unsure of its performance, solidly placing the Ministry of Radio into mixed review territory.

Ministry of Justice
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the job Prim has done as Attorney General?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: Overall, how satisfied are you with the Ministry of Justice?. Number of responses: 17 responses.
There's been lot to come out of the Ministry of Justice, and Prim's been carrying out his duties to an exceptional standard

Prim is cool, kinda quiet area though
Prim is the other Ministry head to garner a 0 percent disapproval rating, with nearly 90 percent (88.3 percent) approving of Prim's job as AG and an even larger majority (94.1 percent) approving of the Ministry's work as a whole. Prim's work is one of the bright spots of the current administration as he continues to provide prompt and thorough Legislative Assessments throughout the term for the consideration of the First Minister. There's few, if any, complaints from the Europeian populace here.

External Executive - Chief of State & Council of State

Written by Istillian:

Chief of State
Pichto has been a little quiet, but I know he's had a LOA. I would like to hear more about the plan for the Navy, which hasn't had a Grand Admiral for quite some time.
He's been doing fine

Chief of State Pichtonia has achieved an admirable 70.6 percent overall satisfaction rating. Given Pichtonia's recent leave of absence it would arguably be hard to earn high satisfaction ratings in this role; however, with only a 23.5 percent unsure/don't know rating, and a recent downturn in activity across the region, the public seem to have faith in Pichtonia's leadership abilities. So while Pichtonia is reported to have, to quote the commentary, "been doing fine", the approval here seems to suggest a higher than average overall satisfaction.

Vice Chief of State
Not sure what Aex has done as Vice CoS
I forgot he was

Vice Chief of State Aexnidaral has underwhelmingly achieved a much lower overall satisfaction rating of 23.5 percent. The commentary seems to suggest that he has not been very visible in the public eye and, although this role has an external focus in foreign affairs, it seems that with a 41.2 percent unsure/don't know rating, people aren't aware of the work Aexnidaral may or may not be doing in the role.

Council of World Assembly Affairs
I feel like I haven't heard much from Izzy? Would love to know more about what's going on.

Izzy has been doing excellently as a leader in this field - I love seeing how much has been done in this council, and the opportunities for training and development that have been given to staff have been great.

They're putting out regular IFV's. It's just a shame the WA is so boring and nobody really cares about it...

Councilor of World Assembly Affairs Izzy has achieved a solid 70.6 percent overall satisfaction rating. While there were 23.5 percent of respondents selecting unsure/don't know, it seems that Izzy has done agreeably well in the role - even being deemed a "leader" by one respondent.
The Council of World Assembly Affairs achieved a significantly lower overall satisfaction rating than its Councilor, receiving an overall 53 percent satisfaction rating. So while Izzy seems to have impressed the public, it is clear that, with comments such as, "Would love to know more about what's going on", more visible outcomes are something that people desire.

Council of Foreign Affairs
Not sure what's going on in Foreign Affairs? Would love to hear more updates here.

I haven't seen anything happening outwardly, so I hope it's busy internally.

Councilor of Foreign Affairs Aexnidaral has achieved a largely mixed response, with a low overall satisfaction rating of 29.4 percent. The main issue here seems to be along a similar trend with Aexnidaral's commentary as Vice Chief of State, visibility and information is lacking, and it is clear people want to hear more from Aexnidaral in this role. The Council itself is sitting marginally higher in its overall satisfaction at 35.3 percent; respondents report, "I haven't seen anything happening outwardly" - those taking the poll seem to be hoping that there is more activity provided to the public from the Council before the end of term.

Council of External Engagement

While I don’t think this job is necessary, she has done a good job.

Have more updates gone out on our gameplay embassy? Are The Watchers still around?

Kura has done a great job reestablishing the dispatch squad, but it feels like this could easily be rolled back into MoFA in the future.

I don't know what this is.

Councilor of External Engagement Kuramia has achieved a moderate 52.9 percent overall satisfaction rating, with many respondents indicating an unsure/don't know answer. It seems that while Kuramia is perceived as doing well as Councilor, with things like reestablishing the upvote squad, many are uncertain about what her role includes. The Council of External Engagment gained a slightly lower overall satisfaction rating of 41.1 percent, with one respondent advising, "this could easily be rolled back into MoFA in the future", suggesting some dissatisfaction with the structure of the Council itself.

Europeian Republican Navy

What is going on here? What's the plan?

Are they alive?
The Europeian Republican Navy (ERN) seems to have lost a little momentum this term so far, with the resignation of the Grand Admiral, and less activity being reported in the Octagon, it comes as little surprise that the ERN took a hit with a low 23.5 percent satisfaction rating. This can somewhat be accounted for by the Chief of State's leave of absence, and no direction from any leaders in charge of the Navy in its current state; however, many are unsatisfied, and are questioning what the plan is going forward to regain some semblance of structure to the ERN in the future - something that respondents will be looking at to be rectified at some point.

*This poll may reflect some margin of error. For the first two days of the poll being released, it was left open for the potential for multiple responses. When notified of the issue the poll creator edited the poll to only allow singular responses. Due to the low response rate initially, and a review of the data, this poll does not seem to have been affected; however it is reported for transparency and reader discretion.

Last edited:
Love seeing these numbery bits next to the wordy sections. It makes for some quality postage.

Love seeing these numbery bits next to the wordy sections. It makes for some quality postage.
Please tell me the graphs worked and you can see everything correctly ...

Incredibly glad to see that the Europeian public has finally brought down our satisfaction numbers. After the past few terms had such high numbers, I worried we had become too unwilling to bring down the hammer, but the areas that have been inactive have been sufficiently marked as unsatisfactory, and that is a great step forward. I hope that the areas that have left the region wanting step up to the criticism and adjust course. Well done, EBC.

While perhaps a bit more could be made publicly of its progress, The Watch has really blossomed this term with a handful of new members actively engaged in reporting on NS Gameplay happenings. Kudos to Kuramia for that.

While perhaps a bit more could be made publicly of its progress, The Watch has really blossomed this term with a handful of new members actively engaged in reporting on NS Gameplay happenings. Kudos to Kuramia for that.
I think The Watch should definitely continue in some way, shape, or form.

Overall, I think I've said my peace on other venues. I think the Europeian public has been pretty astute in seeing what areas are going well, and which aren't. Overall a very nuanced poll.

Same tbh. All jokes aside though, the position of Vice Chief of state is really to just exist and help the other Councilors where necessary. Being Delegate limits my opportunities to work much in the Navy, but I've worked with Kura and Izzy on stuff that's mostly private questions or supplementary activity. Otherwise there's really not much to do, and I'm not sure if there's any way to really be particularly or notably active in a position that has no real responsibilities outside of, like I mentioned before, being a warm pulse in case the Chief of State resigns.

That said, I can understand some of the unsurety wrt FA stuff. We have been working on some diplomatic agreements but they haven't come to full fruition yet, otherwise there's not much to report and I am not quite sure the point in making a midterm address when the only thing to address is that we've managed to put fires out before they've started lol

Same tbh. All jokes aside though, the position of Vice Chief of state is really to just exist and help the other Councilors where necessary. Being Delegate limits my opportunities to work much in the Navy, but I've worked with Kura and Izzy on stuff that's mostly private questions or supplementary activity. Otherwise there's really not much to do, and I'm not sure if there's any way to really be particularly or notably active in a position that has no real responsibilities outside of, like I mentioned before, being a warm pulse in case the Chief of State resigns.

That said, I can understand some of the unsurety wrt FA stuff. We have been working on some diplomatic agreements but they haven't come to full fruition yet, otherwise there's not much to report and I am not quite sure the point in making a midterm address when the only thing to address is that we've managed to put fires out before they've started lol
I could be wrong here, but I think the difficulty with your role as VCoS is that by helping out on the Council's, or even by working on behalf of the CoS, it means there's still work happening in the background, but it's hard to explain the tangible results in an update when often you're just pushing someone in the right direction to achieve those results.

This is aside from the fact that you are in a less clearly defined role thats main purpose is "help everyone" in your sphere as a backup for if one Council or area is faltering, especially when it's usually your natural behaviour to help out anyway. I can't imagine it's an easy role to dominate and get high results in on a poll unless there's a lot of activity for people to see, or particularly in your case because of Pichto's LOA affecting periods of the term.

I don't know the overall answer to achieving better results here, but I wanted to recognise that it's not an easy position you're in when reporting information isn't easy either.

Back