Every Executive Poll Ever

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty

Every Executive Poll Ever

Before anyone gets too excited this is significantly less comprehensive in comparison to it's predecessor for a number of reasons. First, not every administration has had comprehensive executive polling. In fact it seems to have only become a regular effort by private media and the EBC after 2014. Second, even if there was polling huge swaths of content have been lost due to forum transfers and the demise of image hosters. For example the entirety of the catalog of the Europeian Inquirer, Swakistek's outlet and according to HEM's previous effort on Presidential Approval Ratings one of the most consistent pollers in the earlier years of the region, has been lost. All in all I compiled the midterm or end of term polling numbers for 315 ministers of the 732 (43%) Ministers listed in the Every Minister Ever spreadsheet.

1633216429076.png
Above are the most popular Ministers with more than one term with a polling average. Prim tops the list with a massively impressive near 90% polling average enabled by a 100% approval rating for his tenure as Attorney General. It's also worth noting that even given the limited timespan of the polls included, these all trend in the most recent two years. It would be interesting at a later date to examine if there is any inflation in polling numbers as we trend towards a more social oriented region.

1633219683146.png

Above are the worst polling terms included in the data I was able to collect. Two of them, McEntire and Malashaan were due to a midterm poll being taken right before or right after a resignation which obviously massively drives down approval. The second group are those in positions that are generally hard to evaluate, namely chief of staff. In that second group, the massive slice of no-opinion is what drives the actual approval rating so low.

1633221282445.png
That trend of unique positions polling poorly is evidenced when the ratings are shown by position. All the unique ministries fall significantly below the overall average of 68.12% approval. All the staple ministries, excluding FA and Interior come in above that average. The lowest by far is Employment, with the odd pairing of Sopo and Whitmark both receiving decisively low marks in the roll.
1633222439716.png
Going in order of overall popularity we will first look at World Assembly Affairs. Isaris comes in the top of the list with one stellar term in the role. Ervald the 3rd longest serving Minister in this area comes in a strong second place. Aexnidaral, by far the longest serving MoWAA comes in a relatively distant 6th.
1633222522606.png
For Grand Admiral, HEM comes in first with a universal approval rating during Prim's Chief of State term. Our longest serving GA's, CSP and Krakentopia, again come in around the middle of the pack with above average polling numbers.
1633222718259.png
For the Ministry of Communications, Siph/Astrellan tops the list alongside a number of other one time ministers including yours's truly. Again, the longest serving minister Lime, ranks in the middle of the pack and in this case below average. It's quite clear over 3 ministries so far that it is very very hard to maintain very high polling numbers over multiple terms.
1633223090925.png

The Ministry of Radio, sticks to the existing pattern with the longest serving minister, Cat landing in the middle of the pack. The people at the top of the list however have all had at least two terms polled with such notables as Pichto, Darkslayer and Sopo rounding out the top three.
1633223319093.png
The Ministry of Culture, is notably led by Lloenflys who is not generally known for excellence in the ministry. A newcomer friendly ministry many first time ministers poll fairly well running the ministry. The rest of the top of the list is filled out by Culture legends, such as Dictator Anna and Writinglegend.
1633223580208.png
The position of Attorney General is notably effected by the loss of polling prior to 2014 as while it captures most of Drecq's time in the role, many of Malashaan's are missed. Beyond that, Prim managed to acquire a 100% approval rating twice while in the role, which is really stunning.
1633223835965.png
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is led by a near perfectly rated Pichtonia term. Following Pichto are Kuramia and Darkslayer. Notably the longest serving FA ministers in CSP and Anumia only have one term with recorded polling each and rank near the bottom of the list. It is unfortunate that CSP's and other's tenure's are not adequately captured in these ratings.
1633224156303.png
The Final ministry, I'll be showing a ranking of Interior. The highest rated minister in this ministry is...Whitmark? Just prior to becoming archenemy to Pichtonia apparently his term was well received. The newly minted longest serving Interior Minister Le Libertie again falls in the middle of the pack with above average ratings.

Alright well that about does it for this article. All this data is in the Every Minister Ever spreadsheet for your viewing pleasure. If anyone happens to find polling I was unable to locate definitely let me know and I'll be happy to add it. I do plan on continuing to keep the spreadsheet updated as I have with the initial minister data. I'm sure I'll mine this for more articles in the future. I also will attempt to make a tutorial video for people less familiar with Excel to help navigate all the data. In the meantime feel free to ask me any questions!

Attachments

• 1633223299628.png
    1633223299628.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 1633224103106.png
    1633224103106.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Haven't dug into the data too deeply, but it does look like there's some merit to the idea that more recent approval polls are more generous with their praise than the earlier polls.

Not sure what this means precisely, but there's lots of good data here. Thanks GraV.

Wow, this is making me never want to be a minister again so I don't ruin my polling average. :LOL:

I love all this data I get to devour!

Haven't dug into the data too deeply, but it does look like there's some merit to the idea that more recent approval polls are more generous with their praise than the earlier polls.

Not sure what this means precisely, but there's lots of good data here. Thanks GraV.
Thinking on this more, I'm sure that the difference in how we ask our polling question plays a large role is this. Asking someone to rate between 0-10 will make a score lower on average, most likely, given the disparity between what a "good score" means to a person. Is a 6 a good score? A 7? Is 5 bad or good? That variation makes the data a lot different than just "Approve" or "Disapprove".

I almost feel like we should separate the scores into those eras to get more accurate comparisons between ministers because a 60% today is very different than a 60% in 2014.

Once again, GraV, you brought forth such interesting data!

Looking at the full spreadsheet takes me back to the series of rough-ish MoI terms I had early in my career.

First of all, love this article! It's wild to see someone like Drecq with ten terms as Attorney General, and even Kraketopia with eight as Grand Admiral, and both still maintaining really decent ratings - kind of pinpointing those with exceptional ability in their fields and maintaining that over a long period of time.

Back