Europeia's Weekly Update (September 7th, 2019)

September 7th Update
Arnhelm, Judiciary, and End of Term
Written By Snowball
City Council

The City Council Act was passed by the Senate unanimously, and has been signed off by the first minister. Minister of Culture DAX interviewed Olde Delaware, who will become the first Steward of the City Council after winning the CA Chair election. Olde Delaware also released his opening address. We at the EBC wish him the best of luck.

Judicial News

Primus Inter Pares and Associate Justice Vlaska briefly lost his citizenship due to his nation expiring, and therefore also losing his justice position with around a week left of service, First Minister Pichtonia decided to nominate ex-Attorney General and ex-Justice Aexnidaral to the 4th Chair, replacing Vlaska. After a discussion over the decision to not renominate Vlaska, Aexnidaral was unanimously confirmed by the Senate. Rand was also renominated to the 1st Justice Chair by Prim; along with OnderKelkia to the 3rd Chair, who was renominated by Pichtonia.

First Minister Election

Pichtonia was the only citizen who ran for first minister. He ran with Deputy First Minister Astrellan. Their platform can be found here, and the election took place on the 6th of September. They won with 24 votes against 8 for reopening elections.

End of Term Addresses and Awards

As the term draws to a close, ministers have released their end of term addresses. You can find these addresses here (First Minister), here (Communications), here (Culture), here (Recruitment), and here (Integration). The Sapphire Stars were also awarded by Deputy First Minister Astrellan. First Minister Pichtonia has also released his closing address, awarding the Order of Republica to each member of the admin team.

More Senate News

Aside from the passage of the City Council Act, two proposals were discussed in the Senate. A legislative style guide, proposed by Senator Rand, passed the Senate with one senator not voting, and is now passed as Resolution 002. The Citizen Legislation Amendment Act, a constitutional amendment adding a mechanism for citizens to petition the Senate, was also proposed by Senator Rand, and is now being debated.

Snowball, thank you for stepping up and writing this update when I could not be present to assign it. Granted, I don't know if I'm still the Minister here, but regardless, well written, and well done!

What Hez said, basically! Thanks for getting this out when it's a bit of an odd time, and doing it well too!

Snowball, thank you very much for the weekly update! I was able to follow most of it, but thanks to you I'll remember it better. :p
Snowball, thank you for stepping up and writing this update when I could not be present to assign it. Granted, I don't know if I'm still the Minister here, but regardless, well written, and well done!

Always, Hez. Always. :pride_heart:

Back