Europeia's Weekly Update (July 6, 2019)

Pichtonia
Written by Dax

Pichtonia Runs for First Minister

After four days of citizens watching a barren standing thread, former Minister of Radio Pichtonia announced his candidacy for First Minister, cutting short a Leave of Absence that began early last month with his resignation as Minister of Radio. Pichtonia has chosen Minister of Interior Whitmark as his deputy candidate. Pichto says in his platform that he realizes that this summer will be rough for Europeia and therefore he believes the region needs a leader who is passionate to lead us through this time, and he believes that he is this person. Pichto and Whitmark have stated that they plan to discontinue the Ministry of Employment and form a new Ministry of Integration tasked with some of the work from Employment as well as leading our integration efforts. Additionally he has hinted at projects in Culture this term to attempt to revive the Ministry after former Minister of Culture Shufordbrian resigned leaving the Ministry inactive. Pichto has since won the election and is Euro’s third First Minister.

Europeian Cosmopolitan Party Starts a Comeback

The Europeian Cosmopolitan Party (ECP) has seen a flood of applications this week from renewed recruiting efforts from co-founder Pichtonia. The EBC reached out to Pichto about what inspired the revival to which he responded with “At it's best, it excites members of this community. Couldn't our elections need some excitement at this time? At its best, a party integrates members into our community. Is this integrative effort not something we are dearly missing?”. He says that he has seen active parties in action before and wants to contribute toward it because of the value it can give to the region. Although recently as mentioned in the ENN gossip blog that it was potentially linked to Izzy running for First Minister which he later denied.

Attorney General Discussion

Deputy Senate Speaker Rand posted a proposal for the Attorney General to be appointed by the First Minister alone. He said in his platform and later reiterated in his Senate proposal “It occurred to me that the Attorney General’s role is much more closely linked and related to the First Minister’s purview than the Chief of State’s. The majority of the Attorney General’s time is spent in his dual role as Minister of Justice (which is already exclusively appointed by the FM), supervising the Law Clerks and providing advice to the First Minister on bills, and then as our region’s primary prosecutor, handling concerns of domestic crime”. The initial proposal has received mostly negative responses. As well as the appointment proposal, Rand included the idea of allowing the Attorney General to also be Deputy First Minister.

This title will remain in infamy throughout all of EBC history. For some background, they got Hez to approve this while he was talking on radio...drunk. Much laughter ensued. Good times.

A good write up, DAX.

I think this is a beautiful title and I don't know why there would have been any objections to it.

I will have to allow this. I was drunk and a fool. A FOOL, I say. So I will allow this for now. You damn whippersnappers taking advantage of the drunks. For shame.

(Great write-up, Dax! :p)

Reactions: upc
I am very curious to see how the revival of the Europeian Cosmopolitan Party. Would definitely be interested in exclusive features on the party's rebuild, interviews from key leaders etc.

Back