Europeia's Weekly Update - February 22 2020

Europeia's Weekly Update
February 22 2020

Written by cookiespaigentland

Referendum Debate + Vote: Executive Order Scope Amendment Veto
On Saturday 15 February, a debate on the Chief of State's veto of the Executive Order Scope Amendment was triggered - the debate period lasted 72 hours.

72 hours later, on Tuesday 18 February, the vote on the referendum began. Immediately, it was clear that the 'Nay' side was pulling away, consistently ahead of the 'Aye' side. 24 hours later, when the referendum ended, the results were as follows: 64.7 percent - Nay, 35.3 percent - Aye. This came as a shock to many people on the proposing side, who may have not expected to win but certainly did not expect for the margin to be so wide. "I didnt necessarily expect to win (though hope wasnt completely dead). I did not expect to lose by this much," said Senator Drecq.

EuroChoice 2019 Winners
Also on Tuesday 18 February, the Eurochoice 2019 winners were announced. Notably, Maowi won 'Citizen of the Year' alongside two other awards, whilst Drecq also managed to rack up three awards, including the 'Master Debater' award. Also notably, the Europeian Research Institut managed to win both private media awards, dethroning the Europeian News Network's winning streak.

First Minister Resigns
Maowi has decided to step down from the position of first minister. “I am resigning as first minister,” said Maowi. “It's been a privilege to know you all but [real life] pressures have been making this way more stressful than it should be, so I'm leaving NS [NationStates].” Former Second Minister, Sopo has now accordingly become the first minister, appointing Dax as second minister. Maowi made a resignation speech whilst Sopo made an opening speech as first minister and Dax also made an opening speech as second minister.

Dysomnia's Administrative Ban
It was recently announced that new citizen Dysomnia was actually an alternate account of Feuer Ritter, a notorious sexual harasser. For this reason, Dysomnia was banned from the Discord and forums, along with their two alternate accounts.

Thank you or the weekly update, cookies! Well-written!

A great update cookies! It's nice to see your work!

Back