Europeia's Weekly Update (August 5, 2019)

A Late Update
Written by Dax

Whitmark Resigns
On August 1, former Deputy First Minister Whitmark announced his resignation, leaving the positions of Minister of Recruitment and Deputy First Minister per request of First Minister Pichtonia. Pichtonia explained the forced resignation in reply to the initial confusion in his speech thread addressing the resignation, “I wanted him to recruit himself occasionally, because I believe in Ministers being role models [...] he rarely engaged anywhere other than his Ministry. Not in Radio - which I understand, because that simply isn't for everyone - or Comms or Integration or Culture. Not even Weekend Games.” In addition to the mentioned underperformance, Pichtonia said that they didn't share the same ambition they originally thought with innovation and even deciding the weekly recruitment goal.

Whitmark has since explained the reasons for his behind the scenes performance, linking it to the state of his mental health. First Minister Pichtonia has also quickly followed the event with the nominations of Astrellan as Deputy First Minister and Brí Shakespeare as Minister of Recruitment, both of which have been confirmed in the Senate.

Europeian Monarchist Party Gets its Start
After Sopo started discussion asking about the interest in reviving a monarchy in some fashion through a political party, people showed interest in the party, most still hesitant. However, the party gained three additional founding members, Rand, Olde Delaware, and Ervald. The party has had two applications to join being Minister of Radio Carathetopia and former Senator Kari.

Million Post Palooza Announced
On July 31, Minister of Culture DictatorAnna10 (DAX) announced the long awaited festival commemorating reaching one million forum posts. The festival will be celebrated with some of our allies of different regions and will include several spam games and other events such as the Hunger Games, and a mock trial against HEM for deleting the very corporation that brings you this update. The festival will run from August 8 to August 15.

Very excited for the festival. Thanks, Dax, for the Weekly Update.

I don't know how I got away without publicly thanking you for this update, but thank you very much, Dax, for this update. It covers the things it needs to, has the links (that I so love to do), and is still concise. Many thanks, and great job!

Back