Europeia's Dream Cabinet

Monkey

we want YOU to be a dee gee too
Citizen
Europeia's Dream Cabinet
Written by Monkey
Published 29 June 2021

31 responses, open for quite a few days. I first asked current cabinet members who they thought would be qualified to hold the role, the region then approval voted on the shortened list of eligible candidates. Let's get started!

Cabinet Member Qualities:

• Previous experience, and government activity
  • bribes. and experience is important too i guess
  • Activity, management skill, technical ability
  • Management skills, understanding of portfolio
  • Work ethic, experience, not up and leaving
  • Energy/Motivation, experience, grit
  • Trustworthiness, honesty, vision, drive.
  • Activity; qualifications; ability to motivate others to be engaged with the ministry
  • being based
  • Experience: the amount of work they've into the ministry and the quality of that work.s
  • Experience in the ministry they are appointed to
  • I guess many factors, you have to balance experience and potential and activity and real life, and I literally don't care who's AG as long as they're active
  • Experience, energy, and FORUM presence
There's quite a few comments here about criteria that went into selection, but it seems like the key ones are experience, activity, energy. It's interesting to note here that some past presidents have ran into issues with criticism over nominating individuals who didn't have a very active presence in their ministry.

Dream Cabinet:

Radio:

1625013984545.png

Darkslayer (64.5%)
Runner ups:
Istillian (48.4%)
GC (41.9%)
Kuramia (38.7%)

Members here include former radio ministers such as Darkslayer and Kuramia, as well as those that have been active on shows lately, such as GC or Istillian. Interestingly, the current minister does not get mentioned in the results.

Foreign Affairs:
1625014091098.png

Kuramia (67.7%)
Runner ups:
Istillian (61.3%)
Peeps (51.6%)
Monkey (48.4%)

Listed here are former (or current) foreign affairs ministers, such as Kuramia, Monkey, and Peeps. Former Grand Admiral Istillian also does well in this category.

World Assembly Affairs:
1625014255990.png

Maowi (83.9%)
Runner ups:
Pland Adanna (77.4%)
Seva (54.8%)
Prim (48.4%)

This category was won by Maowi, an interesting choice, as Maowi has previously excelled in this department, but hasn't been particularly active of late. Other nominees include current minister PA, and former ministers Seva and Prim.

Interior:
1625014941752.png

GC (77.4%)
Runner ups:
Le Libertie (64.5%)
Calvin Coolidge (41.9%)
Vor (38.7%)

Winners here are all former minister of interior, with current minister GC topping the list, and current gameside coordinator Le Libertie not too far behind.

Communications:
1625014091098.png

Kuramia (58.1%)
Runner ups:
Klatonia (54.8%)
Istillian & Monkey (51.6%)
Maowi & Deepest House (38.7%)

Like radio, the current minister in this department falls short of making this list. This list is headed by former ministers such as Kuramia, Klatonia, Istillian, and Deepest House, as well as some new names, such as Monkey and Maowi*.

*5 July Correction: Maowi has previously served as Minister of Communications, this statement is incorrect.

Justice:
1625013984545.png

Darkslayer (77.4%)
Runner ups:
Lloenflys (74.2%)
Malashaan (71%)
Drecq (54.8%)

All members here are former justices or attorney generals, essentially legal experts in this region. All members in this category seem to be 'old hands' in this region, which may be a warning indicator for the future of the justice department if any more of these names decide to step back in the future.

Culture:
1625014971311.png

Sanjurika (61.3%)
Runner ups:
GC (58.1%)
Rotasu (54.8%)
Icarus (51.6%)

This is the only category to have been won by someone new to the executive, which isn't a surprise, as culture is often seen as a department for newcomers to rise up through the ranks of Europeian politics.

Grand Admiral:
1625014990134.png

Istillian (87.1%)
Runner ups:
Peeps (58.1%)
Kazaman (54.8%)
UPC (48.4%)

This category was won by former GA Istillian, who stepped down mid-term, yet was given high support to take on the role again. Other citizens in this group are all former Grand Admirals.

Comments:
  • GA was the only position I struggled to find a choice I would be super happy to see
  • GC as Grand Admiral
  • None really, I think there are lots of possibilities for every role.
  • Netz & Gleg for Culture
  • #GC4Everything
  • Surprised at the large number of candidates there are for Interior. Pretty sure around half aren't even remotely active this term
  • I believe one person to a ministry, no one person should really hold two ministry positions at the same time.
  • Option 10 for the win!!!
Final Cabinet:
Minister of Radio Darkslayer
Minister of Foreign Affairs Kuramia
Minister of World Assembly Affairs Maowi
Minister of Interior GC
Minister of Communications Kuramia
Minister of Justice Darkslayer
Minister of Culture Sanjurika
Grand Admiral Istillian

Superlatives:

Most diverse ministry: Communications (20 nominees)
Most un-diverse ministry: Grand Admiral (5 nominees)
Most nominations: Prim, GC, Istillian (5 ministries each)
Most appearances in runner-up/overall winners: Istillian (4 mentions)
Most overall winners: Darkslayer & Kuramia (2 ministries each)

Other Questions:

Following the release of the senate committee report, would you consider supporting President Kazaman's re-election?

Yes (51.6%)

No (48.4%)

Now that we're into the election, I won't provide too much analysis on this, as I'm sure that many other polls will be ran soon, but I intended this question to very specifically ask "consider supporting President Kazaman's re-election". Obviously, elements like platform and debate performance can play a part in the final decision, but if the responses read the question and answered like how I interpreted the question, President Kazaman may be in trouble, with only half of the responses saying they would even consider re-election.

Should nominees be released during the campaign?

Like knowing & don't release (38.7%)

Don't care (25.8%)
Like knowing & release (25.8%)
Don't like knowing & don't release (9.7%)

Unsurprisingly, most citizens want to know the secrets, but still believe that nominees shouldn't be released ahead of time. However, combining the group that doesn't care and the group that actively likes releasing the nominees, there could be a majority of citizens who wouldn't look negatively upon knowing the nominees during the campaign period.

What is your opinion on the standing time?

Longer President (48.4%)

Longer President & Senate (19.4%)
Old Time (19.4%)
Don't care (12.9%)

Nothing to really say here. The response for extending senate time only received no responses, probably expected.

Last edited:
It both doesn't surprise me, but makes me feel very old, that most of the people on the dream cabinets (barring a few people) nominations are people that I don't know very well because they joined after I left in 2017.

Interesting poll, most numbers were kind of expected to me though! Also small correction, Maowi is a former Comms minister as well so not much of a new face. Also interesting that not many incumbents are winning here but that's also in line with the previous Executive satisfaction poll

It's like people have already forgotten how impulsive and unreliable I can be. NOICE!!!!

Nice survey, Monkey! I like the response rate: it's higher than I would've predicted at this time of the year.

Back