Europeians in Ancient Rome

Common-Sense Politics

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Deputy Minister
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him

Our second edition of Europeians in Ancient Rome focuses on subjects who by all accounts were celebrated figures and destined for greatness before they assumed high office. Their downfalls occurred swiftly thereafter and they were never to recover. I speak of course of the Emperor Galba and our own Aramor.

=

By the time the infamous Emperor Nero had committed suicide, Servius Sulpicius Galba had served the Empire as a praetor, consul, four provincial governships, and legionary legate. When Aramor made his bid for the Europeian presidency he had already served the Republic as senate speaker, deputy senate speaker, minister of Interior, grand admiral, a judicial intern, and a prolific recruiter.

Galba was a favorite of the Augusta Livia and was adopted by her in his youth. Similarly, Aramor was a favorite of Europeia's elite and was bred for the presidency from a young age.

To Galba's discredit, he surrounded himself with corrupt and inept advisors. Aramor appointed the seemingly ascendant Rezaxushan for Interior and the solid if unimpressive Cambover for Culture. Both men would eventually abandon what was left of his original team. The crisis began however, with Vice President Lethen who resigned in the early days of the administration.

Galba was overthrown and publicly murdered by his praetorians in a conspiracy presumably supported by his successor, Otho after seven months in the purple. Following the resignation of Lethen, Aramor himself was unable to continue in his post due to real life issues a mere nineteen days after being elected and was succeeded per the line of succession by then Speaker of the Senate Common-Sense Politics who was deposed another nineteen days later by the Senate. Otho only lasted eight weeks himself.​

I completely forgot about that resignation. :p

Lethen said:
It was easy to forget about that resignation in the midst of so many others around that time. Didn't we have like 5 Presidents in 3 months, and the highest Cabinet turnover in a long time?

modernsin said:
Lethen said:
It was easy to forget about that resignation in the midst of so many others around that time. Didn't we have like 5 Presidents in 3 months, and the highest Cabinet turnover in a long time?
Yeah, I think we probably had 7 Presidents in 7 months...

Back