Europeian Question Time no. 2

(5...4...3...2...1!)

Hello, and welcome to the second edition of Europeian Question Time!

It's been an interesting period of time here in Europeia since the last edition. Now that the balloons have fallen, the votes been cast, and the electoral euphoria has passed, reality has slapped Europeia in the face.

But, first, let's introduce the panelists:

One of the only two current members of the Standing Committee on Statutory Review (*ahem, cough cough*), as well as Deputy Mayor of the City Council and the current Consul of the Imperium, please welcome phdre.

Our next panelists was, when I had first approached him to come on, was the then-Minister of the Interior, and a holdover from the Lexus Administration. He has since been nominated and confirmed as the newest Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy. Welcome to EQT Eklypso.

And, finally, but never least, our third panelists was, until her recent resignation, a Captain in the Europeian Republican Navy. A citizen of Europeia, and a person who I run into everywhere :)P), and who is the current Lady Chancellor of Imperial Britain, please say hello to Earth22.

Our panelists' statuses and positions brings me to my first topic for discussion. During the period of time since the last edition of EQT, Europeia has seen some pretty significant events occur. Two Senators resigned, one of whom was also the then-Grand Admiral, prompting two by-elections. Then we had the first Cabinet reshuffle of the Administration, and, before that, news broke that we would no longer be able to utilize The Imperium's recruiting system. All of this and more prompted Speaker of the Senate Asianatic to give a speech asking "Where are we?"

So, for the panelists, my first question is: Where do you think we are? How would you rate the Falconias Administration's first few weeks in office? And what do you think of the by-elections and the loss of a recruiting system?

*pauses, drinks water*

"Drunkgate" is just another example that the opposition to President Falconias will point to in order to paint him as a poor leader. I would not call this incident an issue per se, but if Falconias's overall performance as a leader continues to be characterised by closing discussions and lack of communication, we could see support continue to drop. At the same time, President Falconias has the potential to address these issues and present a clear vision for the future of Europeia in his upcoming Press Conference, scheduled for later today. His goals must be to regain the confidence of the citizens and focus Europeia - the citizens and each Ministry - on clear, lofty by attainable goals. Personally, I'd rather see a description of Europeia after this term than statements such as "We will have a population of 750 nations." What is contained in the Press Conference, is for the moment, a mystery. But the future of the Cult of Falconias :)P), and Falconias's Presidency, could hang in the balance.

I feel that Asianatic should not be seen as the leader of any sort of unofficial opposition - rather she is a citizen who is expressing discomfort with the direction of the region. I cannot speak for her, but I hope to be able to maintain my confidence in President Falconias by the end of this Press Conference.

Switching gears for a second, I'd like to touch on the latest by-election for the Senate.

What do you all think of the candidates? Also, what do you think about Old Ogastein's dropping out due to not being a good fit for the Senate right now?

Also, what about the Supreme Chancellor? That's one of the people that hasn't been really discussed yet.

I'll yield to the other panelists on this question, since I'm one of the three candidates in the Senate by-election. I looked forward to a vote against OO and wish him the best in future endeavors.

Boo Phdre :p

Phdre: Most likely gonna win. He has an actual campaign and...yea
Aramor: Very good legislator this could be his ticket back into politics but he poked his head in and now he's gone with no platform.
Tylus: Who? :)P)

OO's dropping out was a good decision on his part mostly because of his answer to my question and the comment on recruitment. It is expected to him to vote on legislation. Promising to do that is like blowing hot air.

What about the SC?

What is the panel's opinion(s) of him? I know that he's been criticized recently for his polls, which are/were accused of being timed to come out at inopportune moments for the President.

I don't really have an opinion of HEM. It's just he takes polls randomly and some of the citizens get annoyed by it. Not to mention his large office he never uses, but meh.

After traveling through the RS back to December, I've noticed that Falc has had a poll about him once a week for the last two weeks. However, Lex didn't have a poll after he took over the failed presidency of Ollie and HEM. Falconias had to make a poll about their presidency instead of HEM critiquing himself. CSP had one poll about him after Aramor had left but his presidency was cut short.

There is inconsistency in his barrage of polling. If he is going to do it every week, cool. If not, then let the awkward randomness continue :p

Did anyone else go "Holy crap!" when they saw both Executive Order 45, the Press Conference, and the debate that's been raging in the Grand Hall over Executive Order 45?

ETA: When I said "Holy crap!", I didn't mean in a negative or pejorative way. I meant "Holy crap!" because his plan is ambitious, and I wasn't expecting it.

What are the thoughts of the panel about his new plan?

Apologize again about disappearing, I ended up walking home yesterday from tennis and had three end-of-term tests to not fail. :p

Anyways:
What do the panelists feel about this new issue for the Administration?

Also, what do you think about Asianatic and her new role as an unofficial "Leader of the Opposition"?
The 'drunkgate' thing was something that needed to be fixed. I feel it was taken care of here, as well as showing Aurora wasn't such a leader of that opposition anyways here: A Short Message. She wasn't the leader of it anyways and was completely right in addressing the President as a citizen of Europeia.

What do you all think of the candidates? Also, what do you think about Old Ogastein's dropping out due to not being a good fit for the Senate right now?

Also, what about the Supreme Chancellor? That's one of the people that hasn't been really discussed yet.
I feel the election would have been more..interesting, if OO hadn't dropped out. For all the candidates, I think them all quite great and I find the new citizen, Tylus, an interesting character for running. :)

I think HEM's been doing a great job; he doesn't overstep his boundaries and is dooing a good job in general. As for the Presidential ratings, I'm not sure what to say. If he continues doing them every week, Falc can't complain. I guess that's about it.

I definitely went 'holy crap'. I wasn't expecting the EOs right then from the relatively quiet administration beforehand and find the Press Conference an interesting read. I hope that the action that was attempted with the EOs keeps the administration active..and gets them to be achieving the goals they have set for themselves. Actions speak louder than words. Since my last posting here, though, my approval of the administration as a whole has gone up a bit (more because of the 'A Short Message'. I hope that is enforced.)

EDIT:
Falc tries to cut off the Senate's balls. What the hell went on on that first page? Just..jesus, wow. That whole thread makes me want to slam my head against a wall. The gloves didn't just come off, I think the Senate, President, and Supreme Chancellor were all throwing sticks at each other butt naked. They lost a whole lot more then their gloves..

Long story short:

EO 45 = horrible
EO 46 = better

Initially, I was against EO because of the addition of the MoR position. It is absolutely unnecessary and I would consider it a fluff position. The MoR would only have two jobs, apps and the NRI thing. It's not worthy of a cabinet position. Now that he changed it to a sub-unit of naturalization, it's a much better option however there is still some hate towards the idea of the NRI.

The possibility of bumping DMoN to a cabinet position is not a bad idea considering Falc wishes to add a registry. Now Naturalization has more responsibility than just welcoming nations and providing mentors. I think it's a good idea to try. I do agree with others that this needs to be legislated and talked about rather than an EO. However, when it turned into The Senate vs. Falconias in a war of words, it slowed down the process immensely. A very bad showing on both sides.

I personally appreciate how Asianatic man-handled the male ego-dominated conversation.

If there's nothing further...I'd like to thank our panel for their thoughts.

Tune in to Europeian Question Time the next time it airs. euro.gif

Back