Europeian Question Time no. 2

For the upcoming Europeian Question Time episode: The two resignations and by-elections in the Senate. One of the resignees is the current Grand Admiral. What does this mean, both from a legislative perspective, and a political perspective? How big of an impact will this have on the President's agenda, especially in regards to his naval policy, one of the most controversial and most discussed during this last general election.

Also: The loss of the recruiting system, and the relations with the Imperium. How big an impact will this have, and how will Europeia deal with going to manual?

Finally: What do you, the viewers of EQT want to be the third topic? I put it to you.

This episode of Europeian Question Time will be put on, hopefully, around Friday, the 19th

Huzzah!

It is with great pleasure that I announce the panelists for the second episode of Europeian Question Time:

Deputy Mayor of the City Council phdre

Europeian Minister of the Interior Eklypso

and

Captain in the Europeian Navy Earth22.

hyper.gif euro.gif hyper.gif

I'll be shooting to start this episode of EQT at 11:00 A.M. United States Pacific Standard Time. If it's too early/too late for the panelists, please let me know.

This will, like the last edition, last for a period of several days.

ETA: Also, since this is the discussion thread for the program, by all means, please start to ask questions and offer comments. :)

I'll actually be doing Senior Skip Day that day / enjoying the first few games of March Madness, so I'd probably have to pop in closer to Saturday. At the same time, I'm always flaking on commitments to check on Europeia so who knows! :p

I'm going to post the actual program thread now, because I may not be able to get on at the time that I said. That, however, should not really impact the panelist's contributions. :)

I'm going to post the actual program thread now, because I may not be able to get on at the time that I said. That, however, should not really impact the panelist's contributions. :)
And due to me having no life, I will be up super late planning my responses. Ready. Set. Go. :ph43r:

All right, ladies and gentlemen, the show's begun! phdre has responded, and Eklypso is responding now. Feel free to begin commenting.

Do you agree with the comments made? Disagree?

Very interesting so far.. With regards to my own comment, Falc's outline plan of what he wanted from each minister seemed standard to me, hell, expected. His intentions to reform the FA and Navy would require work, perhaps not a vast amount though, or just enough motivation to get them going. He did not run on the hope campaign, you could say that he ran on the reformed-criminal to-be-pitied campaign but his focus was to show he could get things done so he kept his platform very standard and with-held any radical ideas he may have thought of or wanted to do. It was a good tactic; he won.

The issue now is that nothing is happening for Europeians. Watching other 'famous' NS players come to speak is great, but it reminds people that a lot can happen in NS and not much is happening right here right now. His position on manual recruitment seems to be more a motivational tactic than something he believes in merely because it is so utterly absurd. Issues arise during the terms that noone can predict, people leaving or recruitment issues are the most common, but Falc should would be wiser to say that things are going to get worse to motivate people into action than to say that all will be fine.

The reality is that work is being done, it's just not what people were expecting and it's not overly interesting or fun and that is what is needed..

I think the one thing that Earthie said that really rings true is that Falc has got to look at what he promised us- and he's got to change what he's doing and who he's doing it with, because the current formula...isn't working that well. Maybe it's him. Maybe it's a minister. Maybe it's...a dynamic. Maybe he needs to micromanage more, and maybe he needs to delegate and expect more. But Falc's...gotta do something.

And then,

Secret ninja embassies for the win!

That is all.

If I may address rumors of "secrecy" in FA...there is none. At the beginning of the term, the president and I discussed each region we have an embassy with. We rated them on a scale one through three, three being the highest. The highest rated have been designated as having a higher priority level than those receiving ones or twos and our more experienced ambassadors have been assigned to them. I felt that regions who recieved a number lower than a three could possibly be offended so I asked the president that we not publicly disclose that list. He complied. This was a plan that was clearly stated throughout the president's campaign and it is a policy the majority of voters decided to agree to. I am slightly suprised by the sudden opposition to it.

The update was late, yes. I hope that it will not happen again. I am currently evaluating the activity of my junior minister staff who are responsible for much of the actual work going into the update. That should fix a few problems we had. I would like to thank Aurora as well as Falc for assisting in the assembly and writing of the update. I needed them in this past very busy week and they came through for me.

Other than that, I have been doing my best to keep our staff of ambassadors and JMs on the ball. I have also been forging relationships with our friends abroad and trying my best to learn as much as I can. A couple of treaty issues are to be worked out as well.

I hope I shed some light on the activities of FA that seem to be unknown. If not, I would be happy to answer questions or concerns via PM.

I felt that regions who recieved a number lower than a three could possibly be offended so I asked the president that we not publicly disclose that list.

I don't think anyone wants the list to be publicly posted, no, that would be foolish. However, there are forums within Foreign Affairs that only Junior Ministers can see. Perhaps that would be an appropriate place. We have 30+ embassies, for junior ministers (and even the ambassadors) it would be beneficial to know which regions are a 1, a 2, or a 3. I myself as an ambassador do not even know where my embassy stands with y'all.

The update was late, yes. I hope that it will not happen again. I am currently evaluating the activity of my junior minister staff who are responsible for much of the actual work going into the update. That should fix a few problems we had. I would like to thank Aurora as well as Falc for assisting in the assembly and writing of the update. I needed them in this past very busy week and they came through for me.

Currently means on going, i have yet to receive any notification or any posts in the foreign affairs forum have not lead to any changes. Also, by thanking Aurora and Falc only, you are neglecting the other junior ministers who too worked hard. It is not Falc's job to do articles when they do not get done by junior ministers. You should be the one picking up the slack.

Whatever happened to the program that everyone campaigned on, making ambassadors submit reports on their respective regions and get more involved?

That subforum...is possibly the most non-secure secure subforum we've got. The password hasn't been changed since at least before Cord was using it to meet with dignitaries, back when Cord was MoFA, which, in case anybody was wondering, was during Lex's first pair of terms.

On that note, I think that ambassadors, nor JMs, don't necessarily need to know on which level their embassy is ranked- doing so would only cause divides within the ambassadorial corps, and it could affect how ambassadors treat their regions, which is not good. And I don't think it should surprise anybody that "ranking" regions and ambassadors is done, if out of necessity than anything else. More established regions are not going to get a new ambassador over somebody that is articulate and well-spoken, because that doesn't make sense.

With FA, I was only concerned because of the extremely low level of activity (nothing posted in the first week plus) in the ministry.

Back