Europeian Question Time no. 1

(I'm going to get started now, and try to come on a little while later. My wireless connection is acting up :angry: )

*5...4...3...2...1...and NOW

Hello and welcome to Europeian Question Time! The program which brings decision makers and notable/influential people in, sits them down, and asks them questions. Can and will the questions get tough? Definitely a good chance of that! Later on, we'll open up the questioning to you, the average citizen of Europeia!

Let's meet our panel, shall we?

The first member I'd like to introduce is one of the more notable members. He's been in the Legislature, a Vice President, a President, and has completed the government circuit by recently being appointed to the High Court. Please welcome President Pope Lexus X!

Our next member of the panel is a Senator, former Grand Admiral, former Presidential candidate, and the current Minister of Foreign Affairs. Say hello to Common-Sense Politics!

And, last, but certainly never least, is the person rounding out our panel. He's the longest-serving Mayor of the City Council, current Minister of Culture, and Chair of the National Conservative Party of Europeia. Let's greet Demataria!

Quite a decent lineup. And hey, I even (unwittingly) managed to get representatives from each branch of the government! :p

Anyway, let's get down to business, shall we?

Here's how things will happen:

I'll ask a question, and each panelist is highly encouraged to answer ( ;) ) Feel free to question or challenge each other! I may or may not intervene and challenge someone myself, but I will always endeavour to be fair. After a particular topic or issue has been kicked around, we'll move on to the next. Some issues may get more attention than others. After a while, depending on how things are going, I'll open the questioning up to those viewing.

While I have no problems with spirited and intense discussion and debate, let's all try to be civil, and, above all, have fun.

On to the questioning!:

Just last week, the voters of Europeia chose Falconias to be the latest person to occupy 34 Goldenblock. I'd like to start with a question or two on the election.

In your opinion, panelists:

1. How did you feel about the election, both in regards to the course and the outcome, and
2. What is your opinion of the agenda that the President put forward? As I recall, there was quite a lot of attention paid to his Naval policy, especially in regards to his choice of Grand Admiral.

In reply to Kazaman's reaction to my criticism of him: Look back at what I wrote; I described you as a 'very intelligent and able individual' and 'a smart guy and a very proficient legislator'. I did indeed criticize your often snippy attitude, however I haven't exactly dismissed you as a candidate, have I? If anything, I've been largely positive towards you. Also, in response to your remark that your character shouldn't influence people when it comes to voting: it should, and it will; trust me.

Any thoughts/comments about the Senate as a whole?
I think this term's Senate is a safe one. They'll be bound to get the job done, but I don't think we're up for any surprises, as they have all already proven to be sharp and productive members. If the by-election goes the way I predicted, and Kazaman or Old Ogastein are elected, then I doubt we'll see much of a change in overall spirit. I'd be interested, however, to see how Fortana or Draigona would compare to the current band of Senators who occupy the Senatia.

I think we have a solid group. We have a good mix of experience and new blood. We have a more than able Speaker. So far we've seen a great deal of initiative, especially by Senator Swakistek, to do some meaningful work this term. I am optimistic. Like my fellow panelist, I don't see the dynamic of the Senate being shook up too much regardless of who finds themselves victorious at the conlusion of this by-election.

Nothing specific, although I would like to thank you, Jusduckria, for successfully getting the show underway and hopefully setting the standard for the EO in the future. Keep up the good work.

It has been a pleasure to participate in the region's first ever question time. When can we expect the next edition of the show?

I'm shooting for some time around Wednesday of this upcoming week, which will be March 10th, although I may push it back to get some more articles published.

I'd like to thank all the panelists. This was a very heavy-hitter...um, heavy panel, and it was a pleasure getting your thoughts and opinions. One thing I need to work on is being more assertive in questions. Or not. :p

Since there was a separate discussion thread which was used, I think that's how the format will be from now on: One thread where the panelists speak, and a discussion thread with citizens and panelists interacting.

To everyone who watched the program and interacted, thank you very much. Check back next week/time, when another panel comes forward to deal with...

Europeian Question Time

Back