Europeian of the Year

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Sopo and I have discussed for a little bit, and I wanted to see if we could make this happen. We're all familiar with Time magazine's Person of the Year, right? The thing Taylor Swift almost won? ;) This would be like that, but with Europeia. I'd like us to compile a list of maybe five to ten candidates to present to the region, have a few articles from some of us to highlight or support certain candidates, maybe a poll. At the end, we come together and award one Europeian this title. It'd be cool if this could get done before the end of the year, or very close to it, but it's flexible. Any thoughts?

This is what Achievement Awards are meant for. In fact, this used to be one of the categories.

Writinglegend said:
Common-Sense Politics said:
This is what Achievement Awards are meant for. In fact, this used to be one of the categories.
This, although this could be interesting :p
If we were to do something bigger and different with it, I would support making it its own thing.

Writinglegend said:
This, although this could be interesting :p
If we were to do something bigger and different with it, I would support making it its own thing.
As would I.

This is what Achievement Awards are meant for.
Perhaps, but I don't see why we can't make some media coverage out of this, even if it would just be an award.

EDIT: I now see your later comment. Yes, this would be a bigger thing.

Maybe a media sponsored outlet of the year?

PhDre said:
Maybe a media sponsored outlet of the year?
I like that, too.

EDIT: Though, if we want to add anything "of the year" for this, we should stress newsworthy accomplishments, not just personality, etc, like the Achievement Awards.

I know that the yearly awards are supposed to do that, but something from the outlets themselves (or hosted by EBC) would be cool.

I think it's a fun idea. If it's OIM sponsored rather than EBC sponsored we can be more controversial.

[me]votes for Falc

Sopo said:
I think it's a fun idea. If it's OIM sponsored rather than EBC sponsored we can be more controversial.

[class=senators]Sopo[/class] votes for Falc
There could be a partnership perhaps, but I agree, the OIM should have more control over this. Especially since it was our idea. :p

Sopo said:

I think maybe we should be having "OIM sponsored" events hosted within and by specific member outlets to promote readership there instead of the bottom of this forum.

Sopo said:

I think maybe we should be having "OIM sponsored" events hosted within and by specific member outlets to promote readership there instead of the bottom of this forum.
That's an excellent idea.

Sopo said:
Sopo said:

That's an excellent idea.
For this project, I was thinking we could each pick a candidate and write up a review of that person's actions this year, etc. as part of this "OIM sponsored" event.

That could be interesting, and it could certainly make some people feel good.

Perhaps the Panda's Pen could be a good host for this, celebrating your recent release from the prison of public media?

Sopo said:
That could be interesting, and it could certainly make some people feel good.

Perhaps the Panda's Pen could be a good host for this, celebrating your recent release from the prison of public media?
I do like celebrating freedom. Sure.

Ok. So how should we do this? Each of us nominate someone?

Mine would be Anumia, like I said in chat.

Sopo said:
Ok. So how should we do this? Each of us nominate someone?

Mine would be Anumia, like I said in chat.
I'm fine with that. I nominate Kraken, like I said in chat.

Back