President
WA Delegate
Security Council
Cabinet
Citizen
Pronouns
he/they
Perfectly Pichtonia

I sometimes find it odd that Pichtonia so often chooses to portray himself as Grand Moff Tarkin. Star Wars fans among us will note few similarities between our lovely Pichtonia and the diabolical Tarkin. What could Pichto have in common with the Emperor’s most trusted officer?

“If we aren't willing to do whatever is required," he said finally, "then we risk losing what we have been mandated to protect.” -Grand Moff Tarkin

Pichtonia and the Grand Moff share an inexorable drive to succeed, to overcome whatever challenge they may face and to take no quarter. Indeed, it is easy to see this side of Pichto in his Chief of State opening address. “These are the battles we must fight, continue to fight. In an online world where hating "others"is becoming a currency, we have no moral choice but to take a strong stand against all forms of hatred.” At this juncture, Pichto stood, concerned about the proliferation of Naziism in the NationStates community, and resolute to do what was possible to bring Europeia into the wider world to combat this threat. The region clearly took then Chief of State Pichtonia’s words to heart, as this term resulted in a wide variety of successful endeavors in foriegn affairs, notably a new treaty with Kantrias as well as a cross promotional agreement with NationStates Today.

“Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.” -Niccolo Machiavelli

After a short break from the Executive (and with the remerger happening in the meantime,) Pichto returned to sweep the Presidential election in December. This term notably began with some controversy over Cabinet picks, yet Pichto remained steadfast in his conviction, and eventually all of his nominees were confirmed. It takes a great deal of both confidence and courage to stomach such pushback on several levels as Pichtonia did, and I believe that this tenacity is laudable.

There is a reason that Pichtonia is so often called to the highest positions in Europeia. He has so often shown himself to be dependable, capable, and energetic. While I will refrain from relying too heavily on Pichto’s record from before 2020, it is worth acknowledging that this is not a new phenomenon, nor do I see it changing anytime soon.

“You get the best of both worlds, chill it out take it slow, then you rock out the show.” -Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus

Of course, Pichtonia is much more than his resume. In Europeia, we so often divide our playerbase into “social” and “political” players. Pichto straddles that divide, and it is clear to see that it is not just the political players that hold him so highly in their regards. One will often find Pichto holding conversations on Discord, discussing his favorite video games on a radio show, or playing a crucial part in a truly special short story. I’m pretty certain that Hannah Montana was thinking of Pichto while she wrote this song, because he has most certainly rocked out the show.

It is truly difficult to stand out in a community as incredible as that of Europeia. This, in my opinion, is the capstone of Pichtonia’s accomplishments. He exemplifies all that a Europeian ought to be, and adds to that his typical Tarkin grit. It is my distinct honor to nominate Pichtonia for Europeian of the Year 2020.

Last edited:
UPC, this was a great read, especially the last line :p. I think the quotes you choose were very fitting, and I certainly agree with your description of Pichtonia as energetic, capable, and dependable. I first met Pichtonia all the way back in 2017, when he was perhaps more on the social side of things rather than leading our government, but even then, I knew he was ambitious, and so when I came back early in 2020 I was not surprised at all to see him as a powerful voice in our government. Pichtonia has always been available for any questions I have -- big or small -- and I think it's clear he truly wants everyone to succeed and be at their best. It has been an honor to work with Pichtonia this term as President, and I know there will be more to come!

I sometimes find it odd that Pichtonia so often chooses to portray himself as Grand Moff Tarkin

I don't know what it is with my Tarkin "obsession" either, but it actually goes back back to when I first discovered Star Wars. At least I vividly remember crafting Tarkin head from papier-mâché in elementary school. 🤓

UPC, thank you very much for this lovely, thoughtful tribute and the nomination. Save for my break in May, it's certainly been a very lively year for me, but it has also been very rewarding. Especially representing us to other regions, starting as Councilor of FA and now as President, has been a great honour. What's also been fun was being a bit more of a "bad boy" in Senate, I look forward to doing that again one day.

In the end, all of this wouldn't be half as much fun without our awesome community. I'm glad to be in Europeia, and grateful it's with all of you. :euro:

This was a great read; Pichto in many ways exemplifies the consummate Europeian but I think his greatest trait is somewhat un-Europeian but one we should all aspire to.

I feel like he sees the best in people - or at least their humanity - no matter the situation. Even during the tensest of debates or multiple assaults on his character from Whitmark (pun intended), I don't think I've ever seen Pichto lose his temper or get petty. I wish I could do that, and I greatly admire it.

Reactions: upc
Back