Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Europeian of the Year 2020 Nomination:
Darkslayer

In a year of much darkness, one man came to slay the dark: Darkslayer.

Since joining around the time of the Drew Boom in April, Darkslayer has embedded himself in our hearts and minds both as a proficient and thoughtful public official and as a cultural phenomenon.

Dark first became involved in the ministry of radio, where he quickly excelled as an on-air personality. Minister Calvin Coolidge appointed Darkslayer deputy minister in May. After proactively scheduling shows and contributing toward radio’s current renaissance, Dark was well equipped to lead the ministry himself, and he received that opportunity from First Minister McEntire in July. After a widely lauded first term, I reappointed Dark to lead the ministry again after I was elected president in July. As minister, Dark oversaw an incredibly active ministry with multiple deputies, 4+ shows per week, and high levels of involvement from many different citizens.

Meanwhile, Dark also launched a notable career in the Senate, upsetting GraVandius in a May Senate by-election by one vote. Dark sought and won two additional full terms, serving as Speaker of the Senate in the latter. Though not a prolific legislator, Dark was an adept leader and bridge-builder in the Senate, withstanding controversy over issues such as the Arnhelm Investigatory Committee (AIC). He also served briefly as Attorney General, working to get legal training back on track.

His rise to the speakership is among the quickest, and his career to date in Europeia would be the envy of many players who have been around longer.

Despite his impressive resume, Dark is perhaps most influential for his cultural contributions to the region. As someone who knows what it means to be a regional meme (*cough*blameSopo*cough*), it’s easy to recognize that Darkslayer has achieved similar status. Though we love to mock Dark for his limited palette and snobbish persona, such mockery comes from a place of love and admiration – all in good fun. Dark has enraged and amused his fellow citizens with shouts of “toxic” and the truly infuriating raccoon gif, “didn’t ask, don’t care.” Not to mention all the shitposts on the forums that revolve around or include something that Dark did or said.

In less than a year, Darkslayer has made an immeasurable impact on Europeia, both in terms of its government and its social environment. He is an irreplaceable member of our community, a reliable friend, and a quick-witted sparring partner. We are better off for having gained Dark this year, and he embodies what is best about our community.

I am proud, on behalf of the ENN, to nominate Darkslayer for the 2020 Europeian of the Year.

"Remember, we’re all together, so let’s stay together. With stress starting to become more apparent for some people, just remember, there’s family or a close friend who are there ready to support you. Don’t fight alone, fight together." - Darkslayer

Great article, Sopo, on someone who has become a regional cultural staple! I remember when Darkslayer first joined the region, he always seemed very eager to get involved and try new things. This is a great summary of Darkslayer's past political year, but I definitely agree that within the last year, not only has he had an incredible political rise, but has also become a very big part of Europeia's social scene (and memes!). Very excited to see what (bad foods) Darkslayer brings us in 2021!

Sopo! This was truly a pleasant surprise to wake up to see. I am truly honoured about the kind words, and reviewing what my impact on the region is. I love this community and everyone with us. I can't express how I'm feeling, it's truly a surprise! Thank you for the nomination and the kind words, it means a lot. :)

Sopo! This was truly a pleasant surprise to wake up to see. I am truly honoured about the kind words, and reviewing what my impact on the region is. I love this community and everyone with us. I can't express how I'm feeling, it's truly a surprise! Thank you for the nomination and the kind words, it means a lot. :)
😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

------------

In all seriosity, Darkslayer has been great to have around this last year, both socially and professionally. Reading your nomination, I could hardly believe how short it's been since Darkslayer really only joined us. His presence certainly far outshines his Europeian age.

A very well-deserved nomination!

@Darkslayer is well-deserving of any accolades, and I think he's been my favorite part of Euro in the past year. Part of that is his cultural impact while continuing to contribute to the region at-large, but I think the larger part of his impact is our budding friendship. He's someone that I see a lot of myself in, and someone that I can goof around with. In an online community, sometimes that's what you need on the bad days, honestly. I love to dunk on Dark, but it's from a place of affection. I truly hope he stays here for a long, long time. Gotta pass the reigns* onto someone eventually, after all. ;)

*pun intended

@Darkslayer is well-deserving of any accolades, and I think he's been my favorite part of Euro in the past year. Part of that is his cultural impact while continuing to contribute to the region at-large, but I think the larger part of his impact is our budding friendship. He's someone that I see a lot of myself in, and someone that I can goof around with. In an online community, sometimes that's what you need on the bad days, honestly. I love to dunk on Dark, but it's from a place of affection. I truly hope he stays here for a long, long time. Gotta pass the reigns* onto someone eventually, after all. ;)

*pun intended
Thank you Lethen! It's been a true pleasure to meet you this past year, and every time we talk I know we're in for a good conversation regardless of context. I'm certainly looking forward to see what this year brings! :D

Dark is a shining light of the region, a good friend, a person you can rely on, the list goes on. Though I do think many others are also deserving of their nominations, Dark has my utmost support.

*pun intended
Thank you Lethen! It's been a true pleasure to meet you this past year, and every time we talk I know we're in for a good conversation regardless of context. I'm certainly looking forward to see what this year brings! :D
new number who dis

Back