Europeia Word of the Week

Hello everyone, it is that time for the next word of the week! This week's word was suggested by an incredibly dedicated and engaged reader of this column, @Deepest House, who suggested the word puerile. This word means something silly or childish. For example, I could say that the High School Musical debate that Calvin and Dark had at 2 in the morning was extremely puerile. This would mean that the ridiculous and nonsensical show they hosted was a total and complete waste of our mixlr resources because it added little to no benefit to our region.

Thanks for reading all! Remember to keep practicing and keep those submissions coming!

That was extremely puerile of you, Fori.

Hello everyone! I am actually doing the word of the week on time this week. This week's word of the week is nefarious. This usually means something evil, or wicked. I could say that an administrator deleting the EBC to hide a negative poll about themselves is extremely nefarious, and likely, an abuse of their power. This makes sense, because when the administrator uses their power to obscure or hide something that would impact them, it can be seen as them doing something extremely evil and selfish.

Monkey, it is extremely nefarious of you to do the word of the week on time this week. At this point we're all used to them coming late and doing it earlier completely threw me off balance and disorientated me.

Hello I am back in my classically late fashion with a word of the week! This week's word was stolen off of eurochat from none other than Drecq. The word is 'spurious. This is supposed to mean fake, illigitimate, invalid, or untrue.

For example, if I were to say that Drecq has announced that he is coming out of retirement ASAP to pursue an aggressive court case against a senate by-election candidate and prosecute them for treason, it would be extremely spurious. This makes sense because this is untrue, Drecq is instead still peacefully resting in his retirement, building minecraft houses in Drecqland. Also, no senate candidates are currently suspected of treason.

The stories in this thread are all spurious and false, and Monkey should be charged with slander

On the contrary, Monkey made it very clear his stories were merely fictional - it is you, Forilian, making spurious accusations of him.

I must agree, this thread is very informative, and any accusations to the contrary are guilty of spreading spurious, slanderous claims.

Hello everyone, I am back with a new word! This week's word is equivocate. This means to use vague or unclear language to hide something. For example, I might say "Lethen continues to equivocate his answers as to what he was doing in the Grand Hall that night". This would mean that he is hiding something about what he was doing in the grand hall, and not giving a clear and straightforward answer. He was getting freaky in the Grand Hall anyway, so that's probably why he doesn't want us to know the details of what exactly happens.

I hope you try to incorporate this word into your vocabulary, and see you whenever I see you next!

Monkey, you need to stop equivocating; tell us clearly and articulately why you hate old people!

Back