Europeia Word of the Week

Monkey

we want YOU to be a dee gee too
Citizen
Hello everyone,

Monkeys Musings will he establishing a word of the week club, brought to you by yours truly. Every week we will present a political word, and you will be able to practice it. They say if you can use the word in an ordinary conversation, then you’ve really learned the meaning of the word. I say if you can use the word to insult and attack your political opponents, then you really have retained the word. Last weeks word was: disingenuous. Essentially, it means that someone is saying something they know not to be true, especially if there is malice behind the speech. For example, I would say that HEM is being a little disingenuous if he tells me I can’t be administrator of these forums.

This weeks word of the week is bombastic. That means someone is using words that are needlessly complex in order to attempt to make a more compelling argument. I could say that my insult targeted towards HEM is a little bombastic, although a lot of Europeians already know what disingenuous means, so it probably doesn’t achieve the same effect. Stay tuned for next week’s word!

List of words:
Week 0: Disingenuous
Week 1: Bombastic
Week 2: Incendiary
Week 3: Facetious
Week 4: Incorrigible
Week 5: Facsimile (suggested by Calvin Coolidge)
Week 6: Ambivalence
Week 7: Impetus
Week 8: Puerile (suggested by Deepest House)
Week 9: Contentious
Week 10: Spurious (suggested by Drecq)
Week 11: Equivocate

Last edited:
This weeks word of the week is incendiary. This means that something is either used to start fires, or someone is saying something that will get a whole ton of people riled up. I could say that after HEM heard how I was ferociously attacking him using the word of the week, he not only used his jorts as an incendiary to try and burn down my media outlet, but also used some incendiary language against the author of this post to add fuel to the flame.

I suppose you could say this thread is a way to spread the use of the word. Maybe an incendiary device

*ba dum tish*

Hi everyone. Another week, another word. This week's word is facetious. This means inappropriate humor at the wrong time. So basically making a joke, but at a less than ideal time. I could say that after HEM tried to burn down my private media outlet, he was put on trial, but he was facetious throughout the whole ordeal. This would mean that HEM is being punished for a very serious crime, but he is not treating this seriously, or cracking jokes when he should be focusing on his defense to avoid being exiled.

Stay tuned for next week!

Hi everyone. Another week, another word. This week's word is facetious. This means inappropriate humor at the wrong time. So basically making a joke, but at a less than ideal time. I could say that after HEM tried to burn down my private media outlet, he was put on trial, but he was facetious throughout the whole ordeal. This would mean that HEM is being punished for a very serious crime, but he is not treating this seriously, or cracking jokes when he should be focusing on his defense to avoid being exiled.

Stay tuned for next week!
I’d make a joke here, but it’d probably be facetious

Apologies for missing last week's word of the week. This week's word is incorrigible. This means that something is incapable of being fixed, or something can not be reformed or made better. So I could say that based off of HEM's facetious nature throughout his trial, it was clear that he is incorrigible. This means that since HEM was joking during a very inappropriate time (burning down my private media outlet), it's clear that he can not be fixed or reformed. He is just a terrible person I guess. Stay tuned to find out what happens to HEM in next weeks installment!

Your incorrigible tendency of picking the most mind-bending words of the week is vexing to me.

Well, I lost track of my weeks due to Minecraft, but I'm back with two new words to make up for lost time (better late than never right!?!?)

The first word was actually suggested by a devoted reader of this series, @Calvin Coolidge. The word is facsimile. Facsimile means an exact copy of something, usually something written or printed. I could say that HEM promised to make facsimiles of all of my previous works in my private media outlet in order to make amends for burning it down in the first place. This would mean that HEM feels very sorry and regretful over what he has done, and intends to replace all of my hard work with exact copies.

The next word of the week is ambivalence. This means to have mixed or conflicted feelings or thoughts about something. I would say that after HEM made his initial offer, I experienced ambivalence over whether his reparations were enough for me. This would mean that even though HEM agreed to replace all of my work, I still wasn't 100% sure whether it was enough to make me happy about it.

Well, that's all! Until next time, and I hope you try working these new words into your vocabulary!

Well, I lost track of my weeks due to Minecraft, but I'm back with two new words to make up for lost time (better late than never right!?!?)

The first word was actually suggested by a devoted reader of this series, @Calvin Coolidge. The word is facsimile. Facsimile means an exact copy of something, usually something written or printed. I could say that HEM promised to make facsimiles of all of my previous works in my private media outlet in order to make amends for burning it down in the first place. This would mean that HEM feels very sorry and regretful over what he has done, and intends to replace all of my hard work with exact copies.

The next word of the week is ambivalence. This means to have mixed or conflicted feelings or thoughts about something. I would say that after HEM made his initial offer, I experienced ambivalence over whether his reparations were enough for me. This would mean that even though HEM agreed to replace all of my work, I still wasn't 100% sure whether it was enough to make me happy about it.

Well, that's all! Until next time, and I hope you try working these new words into your vocabulary!
Why are all your entries about me!!!! hehe

Facsimiles of this enlightening work ought to be distributed all around the world to save people from their ambivalence towards words.

Last edited:
Making a facsimile of Maowi’s sentence and claiming it as my own would induce ambivalence towards me in Maowi’s mind.

Hello everyone, glad to be back with another word of the week. This week's word is impetus, which means the motivation for something to happen. So I could say that the impetus for me to abandon HEM's story is because I no longer believe I have the passion to see it to its end. This would mean that I think this running gag is out of steam and I will be creating a new, more exciting story!!

See you next week!

Back