Europeia Questions the Cabinet - Ask-Me-Anything: RMB Edition

Europeia Questions the Cabinet
Ask-Me-Anything: RMB Edition

Written by Maowi

Across a busy fortnight spanning from February 19 to March 5, the Ministry of Culture brought Europeia’s executive government to the Regional Message Board (RMB) for a series of rigorous grillings and riveting revelations. President Common-Sense Politics (CSP) and Vice President Writinglegend proposed the Cabinet Ask Me Anything (AMA) project in their platform this January to promote “a vibrant atmosphere gameside.” Each session consisted of one to two hours during which the designated cabinet member opened the floor to Europeia’s most weird and wonderful questions. The Europeian Broadcasting Corporation is proud to present highlights from the nine AMA events hosted on the RMB this term.

Grand Admiral Kuramia (start):

Kuramia's AMA brought us discussion about developing real-life skills through NationStates, watching horror movies, and this wholesome interaction ...

Pichtonia said:
What was your proudest moment in Europeia?

Kuramia said:
Having you as a friend! *blows kiss*

Anytime I get mentioned for something, I'm blown away. So I don't think it's a moment, but the whole entirety of it. I'm just proud to be a part of something big and knowing people think I put so much into it! If you do the work in Euro, people notice and say thanks, and that's just so much nicer than most of what the real world gives me. :p

Vice President Writinglegend (start):

Our legendary vice president told the RMB about accepting your weaknesses and why he loves his Europeian job ...

Sanjurika said:
What is your favorite part of being a VP?

Writinglegend said:
da powaaaaaaa

JK! I have always liked taking people I view as high-potential community leaders and getting the most out of them and their abilities. Seeing the growth of leaders in our communities and helping them along their own path and story makes my heart warm <3

Minister of Foreign Affairs Istillian (start):

Europeia's (joint-)favourite Aussie made our RMBers a coffee and told us about his ambitions in the region, as well as giving out some love to a West Pacifican friend ...

Gem said:
Istillian who's your favorite Ambassador?

Istillian said:
I mean, there's been so many throughout the years that I have got along with so well, but I would have to say that one of the first experiences that I had with ambassadors when I had a posting to The West Pacific, and learnt a lot second hand from Giovanniland in his early days. His enthusiasm for all things trivia, his writing talents, and more, exemplified to me what a great ambassador to Europeia should be, and he was always so welcoming on the forums and in the Discord server of TWP. I still try to mimic those attributes to this day.

Minister of Radio Calvin Coolidge (start):

Our resident Panda provided some sneak peeks for what to expect in the Ministry of Radio this term, and gave the RMB an insight into the life of a major Swiftie ...

Gem said:
How does it feel to be Taylor Swift's biggest fan?

Calvin Coolidge said:
It is a heavy burden that I carry with grace and humility.

Former Minister of Communications Pichtonia (start):

In his AMA, Pichtonia provided some words of wisdom for new NationStates players and told us about his favourite EBC articles ...

Sincluda said:
What are your favorite kinds of articles from the EBC?

Pichtonia said:
Sometimes there are international happenings and we report on them, as well as the backgrounds, and talk to key players. I love those!

Minister of Interior Sarah/Not to Fret (start):

Sarah delighted the RMB with her favourite quote, her reasons for joining Europeia, and her origin story as Sarah Bread ...

Sarah said:
Well. To be completely honest, I like bread very averagely. But I just became bread for reasons. I had been referred to as "white bread" so I just decided to run run with it lol.

Minister of Culture Sanjurika (start):

In Sanjurika's AMA we learned about his NationStates highlights and experiences, as well as receiving some of his worldly advice ...

Sarah said:
What advice would you give to a new to NS player?

Sanjurika said:
Jump right in, even if you think your ideas might be silly. I spent way too much time in other regions being too afraid to speak up, so when I joined Europeia I promised myself I’d speak my opinions. And that landed me a Senate seat in my first month as a citizen!

Especially in Europeia, we’re really open to new ideas. The people here are really encouraging, but not afraid to say when an idea you have won’t work. NS can be a big learning curve, but if you approach it with an open minded nature you’ll succeed eventually.

President Common-Sense Politics (start):

CSP's AMA got turnt with his favourite word, leadership skills, and his proudest moments ...

UPC said:
What has your proudest NS moment been CSP?

Common-Sense Politics said:
Oh, man. A few things come to mind immediately. I remember my first operation with the Navy was the Liberation of Feudal Japan in 2009. I was pretty proud to be there for that. In 2010, I took a break for the summer and vowed that when I came back in the fall I would run for president and win. I did and we did a pretty good job so that was a gratifying moment personally. I was proud to speak out against anti-democratic developments in TUK and TKR as President years ago. I'm always really, overwhelmingly proud to see other folks receive their Ovation. I don't really remember my own Triumph ceremony but I very much enjoy seeing others be honored in that way. In 2013 we (the ERN) won the Blackbird in the FRA's Defender Awards which was an award given to the best raider org at the time. I remember being and am still very proud of that and the run we were on given what an international joke the Navy was when I joined the region. So, yeah, I'm sure there are many more but those are just top of mind!

Minister of World Assembly Affairs Gem/Gemeinschaftsland (start):

Gem talked breakfast foods and poetry in his AMA, as well as plans for world domination ...

Maowi said:
What do you envisage yourself doing in Europeia/NS in 5 years?

Gem said:
Hmm... let's say two commendations, five time president of Euro, and longest serving delegate of Europeia. (Did I pass the interview?)

Make sure to check out the full AMAs if these highlights caught your interest!

Maowi (or makeup, as my autocorrect wanted to call you), I love this cute little write up that definitely took more planning and time than people might think. It's refreshing to see this lovely piece covering lovely people. Great read!

Back