Europeia Picked Its Own Cabinet

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Over the course of the last three days, I have been collecting responses for my "Dream Cabinet Draft", where Europeians are given a blank space to fill in any answer they want for each Cabinet position, putting everyday citizens in the same position that First Minister candidates find themselves in every election cycle. There were 18 total responses, although because people were not required to fill out every section, some positions may have less than 18 answers (or more, if someone put multiple names in their answer). With the set-up out of the way, let's not wait around anymore, here is the cabinet of Europeia's dreams!

Second Minister: Istillian
Communications: Istillian
Interior: Calvin Coolidge
Culture: Olde Delaware
Radio: Calvin Coolidge
Attorney General: Prim

Okay, gotta say that right off the bat this selection is pretty boring. It's just everyone currently serving in the cabinet in the same position that they hold now, except cuddles was swapped out for me. Of course, we didn't just gather information on the top choices, so let's dive a little more into the numbers* for each position and see how everyone stacks up, shall we?

*Submissions that received only one vote will not be included in the article, but the full results can be viewed here. Responses that include multiple names will be treated as separate votes for the purposes of counting.

Second Minister

Istillian - 5 votes
Calvin Coolidge - 3
Sopo -2
Nobody - 2

This is the only position to have more than one person call for it to be abolished. Sopo served as Second Minister at the start of this term, while Calvin has yet to serve in this position.

Communications

Istillian - 7
Hezekon - 2
Kuramia - 2

All three of the top picks are former Ministers of Communications.

Interior

Calvin Coolidge - 5
Peeps - 3
Sopo - 3
GraVandius - 2
Istillian - 2

This ties for the ministry with the widest pool of top picks (5). Interestingly, two of these picks (Peeps and Istillian) have not served in this position before, while the other three have all served as Minister of Interior this term. Technically GraVandius was Minister of R&D, which was merged into Interior.

Culture

Olde Delaware - 7
Writinglegend - 4
Dax - 3

Writinglegend, while a celebrated Minister of Culture, has not served in any government position for nearly a year. Dax, meanwhile served three consecutive terms as Minister of Culture, ending her streak this term, passing the torch to Olde Delaware.

Radio

Calvin Coolidge - 6
Kuramia - 5
Sopo - 4
HEM - 3
Bowzin - 2

Along with Interior, this ministry also ties for the widest pool of top picks. All of these selections have served as Minister of Radio before, except for HEM. As stated earlier, this is also the only ministry where the current minister fails to make an appearance.

Attorney General

Prim - 9
Drecq - 4

Here we have the fewest top picks to choose from, with the current AG and his predecessor, Drecq, who is currently taking a break from the region.

Wild Card
  • Ministry of Birds - Lloenflys
  • Ministry of Vert, Vert
  • Research and Development - GraVandius
  • Ministry of being totally awesome: Lloenflys
  • Ministry of Magic: Lloenflys
  • Research and Development - GraV
  • Ministry of Silly Walks - DAX
  • Ministry of Birbs - Lloenflys
  • Ministry of Cool People - Bowzin
  • Executive Innovation - Pierce
  • Minister of blame and innovation Sopo
  • Ministry of Discord - Lloenflys
Unfortunately, this section wasn't taken seriously by most, but it's clear a lot of people like Lloenflys.

And that brings us to the end of our Dream Cabinet Tour. I think the takeaway here is twofold:

1) Most of the ministries in Europeia suffer from a leadership problem, with many unable to have obvious successors to the role who haven't already served in it.

2) First Ministers have a wide pool of candidates to choose from in nearly every area, so even if there's not a newcomer candidate for every role, there are enough to make a fairly diverse team, if they so choose.

Hopefully, this was an interesting peek into the minds of Europeians as we forge ahead during this currently sleepy First Minister election. Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge reminding you to tune into the live mixlr broadcast discussing this article at 9pm EDT.

I guess my takeaway from this is that the citizens of Europeia generally like the picks that the First Minister has made, overall. I mean, of course, excepting those who fell into their positions after a shift in management. They weren't exactly "picked" for their current position.

Was reading the raw results; why on earth am I one of the suggestions for Radio? :p

This was interesting to see. Im kinda curious as to what a "Dream Council" would look like as well.

Back