[euro538ia] MARCH 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION LIVEBLOG

1674191052117.png

EURO538IA ELECTION LIVEBLOG
Europeia Decides, and the EBC posts

Palace of the People, Oval Room - Election Day is upon us, and some last minute shake ups have radically changed a sleepy race into a potential barn burner. To summarize for those catching up: Frontier/Stronghold has dominated the last month of Europeian Politics, and the region has come out in favor of a Frontier Europeia in a recent Referendum. President Lloenflys announced at the midterm that he would not run for reelection, and Senate Speaker Rand and Senator Lime both stood for President after the Frontier/Stronghold Referendum ended. Enthusiasm in the race has been low, but Rand appeared very well positioned to run away with the election.

However, low enthusiasm and a series of developments in the Senate regarding the Regional Security Council opened the door for a last-minute, scrambling campaign from McEntire. No polls have been finished that have all three candidates in the race, but preliminary results of a Spag survey appear to show the race tightening significantly. Recall that to win outright, a candidate will need more than 50% of the vote. Otherwise, Europeia will go to a runoff election. More on that as the election develops.

All three candidates have released either platforms or statements which you can read here:

Stay tuned with EURO538IA liveblog throughout election day as we bring you updates as Europeia Decides.

Also note that posts in this thread may be edited by the Minister of Communications (me) for formatting. Edits will never be made to content.

@Lime has won a piece of Europeian history. Commiseration to our loser, @Writinglegend !

Thanks for tuning in everyone, and supporting EBC through our jortcoin crisis and liveblog.

We all knew Lethen was secretly a candidate all along. Why else wouldn't he have administered the election? It's all legal, folks.

President Rand takes over at a time of incredible opportunity for the region of - wait, what's that? @Pland Adanna has an urgent message for me... oh my... OH MY GOD. Please, PA... no, you must tell the liveblog audience... they deserve to know first..
BREAKING ON APRIL 1ST 😉

Just as polls closed, the three presidential candidates released the following statement:
This is a pivotal moment in Europeian history. We stand on the precipice of a transition to a frontier region, and the uncertainties are endless. After holding some private discussions and consulting with some anonymous experts, we have decided to all withdraw from the presidential election. Whoever wins tonight will fire their vice president and appoint a new person to that job. Following Senate confirmation, which Speaker Rand and Senator Lime will expedite, the President will resign to make way for a new era for Europeia.

We have determined that Lethen will be the president to lead us through this term.

Signed,

Rand, Senate Speaker and Presidential Candidate
McEntire, Presidential Candidate
Lime, Senator and Presidential Candidate

to be clear, this is 100% a joke. please take it lightheartedly
Fuck

Back