Euro dark [completed]

Someone complained that the color for links in posts was too hard to read, so I changed it to the standard #f1f1f1 used in the rest of the dark skin. Let me know what you think of the change.

It's a bit too bright, I think. I'm not sure where exactly it was before, but I didn't mind it. Perhaps something in between would be better.

As discussed, clickable emoticons:
http://take.ms/mIQ3x

For your control+f purposes, the CSS is under "emot_wrap h3"

The new PM highlight kind of really clashes with the new white color for hyperlinks. When I get PM's this is the first thing I see: basically all white (at least on my screen).

I've been meaning to point this out for awhile. Noncitizen names can't be read in Euro Dark. Can you change their prefix to white in the Euro Dark theme?

Worked on Euro dark a bit to clear several pending things. Sorry for the delay.

Rave said:
I like 9. It's not busy with color.

Edit: I just switched back to Euro Dark, I'll keep using it and report anything that's odd or whatnot.

I will add that the stars in the background really stand out, more so than the text.

Finally fixed.

Rand said:
As discussed, clickable emoticons:
http://take.ms/mIQ3x

For your control+f purposes, the CSS is under "emot_wrap h3"
Fixed, and improved its appearance in all skins.

Aexnidaral Seymour said:

The new PM highlight kind of really clashes with the new white color for hyperlinks. When I get PM's this is the first thing I see: basically all white (at least on my screen).
Fixed. Also fixed/improved the appearance of the notification box that appears when you have a new PM. I made those changes in all skins.
Rand said:
I've been meaning to point this out for awhile. Noncitizen names can't be read in Euro Dark. Can you change their prefix to white in the Euro Dark theme?
Fixed. Same for guest and validating.

I fixed the color of the horizontal bar (right above this), which for some reason used to be blue.

I made the left, thick border in quotes, spoilers, etc. a little darker, so that it doesn't stand out as much. It used to be quite distracting.

Finally, I darkened some of the forum colors a little.

r3naissanc3r said:
I experimentally set a new URL color as well. Let me know what you think.
I only use Euro Dark and the change to a slight slate blue colouring threw me a bit but I find it more aesthetically pleasing on the eyes. Checked various threads, my inbox, and a few other areas to see if there any glaring issues and have not yet come across any with the most recent changes. If such appears, I will make a note of it in this thread.

*storms into the admin bureau* Who changed my link color?!

Ooh, but this new post box is nice.

Thanks, r3n! :)

Rand said:
*storms into the admin bureau* Who changed my link color?!
It's very close to a color you had suggested last time we were discussing this on discord (which was a while ago, maybe two months).

With the exception of pips, which is an issue affecting all of our skins, are there any more outstanding issues for Dark? Or should I (finally :p ) mark this thread as completed?

Link color is growing on me. I think everything else is A-OK.

Now that it's been a while, how do dark users feel about the link color?

Also, are there any other issues with this skin that need fixing? I am excluding the usergroup pip redesign, which is a global issue.

Back