Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1587398665235.png

ERI Restores: Total Days As Head of Government
1587398604445.png
1587399328225.png

Average Days as Head of Government: 112 Days
This is slightly higher than it was in HEM's last version in 2017 despite an array of super short terms from Brun to Cat to Maowi, mostly because WL's totals increased by another nearly 150 days.
Medium Number of Days as Head of Government: 71 Days
The median also rose by 1 to 71 Days.

Fun Stats:
Shortest Serving Head of Government: Brunhilde. This one was actually super super close. I had to go back and find the exact times the election was concluded and the subsequent ban announcements/resignation was posted. Brunhilde comes in the shortest term with 6 days 17 hours and 56 minuets as President, while Cat had 6 Days 18 hours and 40 minuets as President.

Most Non Consecutive Terms: Sopo swept into the lead here with five. They overtook HEM, CSP and Writinglegend who each served four. Calvin Coolidge, Lethen, Pope Lexus X and Rach all served 3 non consecutive terms.

Shortest Time in Between Non-Consecutive Terms: This technically goes to WL, who in 2017 after allegedly stepping down from the Presidency permanently was elected as Cat's Vice President. Consequently 7 days later he was back in the big chair. The next shortest is Rotalsia who was briefly the old version of Chief of State in 2007 after being the first Prime Minister 61 days earlier.

Longest Time in Between Non-Consecutive Terms: This goes to HEM who had a 3300 day gap between his time as Co-Chief of State in 2007 and his term as President in 2016. Second Place goes to Rach who had a 2168 day gap between her 2017/2018 Presidency terms and her time as President in 2011.

Longest consecutive Time as HoG: Anumia comes in the lead here slightly edging out Writinglegend by four days 215 to 211. They are followed by Nhlp who had 181 and then by Kuramia's extended CoS/President term which was 169.

If anyone wants to see the start and end dates for all the Heads of Government or use it for any other project, you can find all that info here.

Last edited:
Woooooo second place!!!!

Looking at the median being 70 days, it makes me wonder if the Chief of State should be serving 90 days? The average is 112 days but the average can be warped by a few leaders that have been in office a lot. Just spitballing.

I actually served a term as President right after being co-Chief of state — not sure if that’d alter my non-consecutive term record?

The split initially had the Chief of State at 90 days and the First Minister at 60 days. Around fall last year, there was a push to change FM back up to 70 days due to a loss of productive time from cabinet confirmations and then standing for election at the end of the term sapping productivity. Those are legitimate concerns, but I think we should have pushed harder to tighten up confirmation lengths, not just push the term back up to 70. I think there is a good argument to be made for a slightly shorter term (60 days or 63 days (if you want a multiple of 7)) for helping reduce time burden on an individual and helping to keep campaigns grounded in more realistic accomplishments during the term.

Looking at the median being 70 days, it makes me wonder if the Chief of State should be serving 90 days? The average is 112 days but the average can be warped by a few leaders that have been in office a lot. Just spitballing.
For reference the average for consecutive time in office is 64.5 days, which I guess could be construed as supportive of a slightly shorter term as Prim suggested around that mark. Though I don't think it really means anything in that context.
I actually served a term as President right after being co-Chief of state — not sure if that’d alter my non-consecutive term record?
oh whoops, that's my error, I listed Rotalsia bellow you and didn't notice it was consecutive so that's been fixed.

oh whoops, that's my error, I listed Rotalsia bellow you and didn't notice it was consecutive so that's been fixed.
Now I'm #1 for something!

Woooo! 169! Haha, no wonder I felt the strain.

Cool article GraV ?

My goal in life is to be on an updated version of this list. Also, really good insights here GraV, a fascinating exploration of our leaders time in office - makes me want to review the careers of many of them and see if time in office reflects popularity, good decision making, and how they changed our government.

Back