ERI Restores: The Imperial Portrait Gallery

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1568501002277.png

The Imperial Portrait Gallery

Good Afternoon Europeia, For over a year the Imperial Portrait Gallery has been out of date. I have decided to spend a bit of time at work today, since not much is going on to do HEM a solid and make the Gallery for him. The gallery ends with Aex's Presidency in April 2017, so we will begin there.

President Calvin Coolidge
50th President
55th Head of State
The Last Person to See the EBC Wire Alive
12 April 2017 - 14 May 2017

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

"Hello Europeia. It's me, your incredibly active, super high octane, and all-around present President, Calvin Coolidge. Over the last month, it has become increasingly apparent to both myself and the region at large that I have not been able to meet the demands of the Europeian Presidency. There are a number of reasons for this, mostly based on real life time constraints keeping me away from the region, when it needs its President the most. "
-President Calvin Resigns​

President Darcness
51st President
56th Head of State
15 May 2017 - 17 June 2017
Only The Second Person to Ascend to the Presidency for the First Time via the Vice-Presidency

6001189.jpg

"Citizens of Europeia, I stand before you one month after my sudden introduction to this office, and can only say that I am amazed. I am amazed at the hard work that goes into making Europeia run on a daily basis. I am amazed at the ability of Europeians, new and old, to rise to challenges previously unforeseen. I am amazed at just how quickly 30 days can go by."
-President Darcness Farewell Address​

President WritingLegend
52nd President
57th Head of State
17 June 2017 - 26 August 2017
More than doubles the time of the next longest serving head of state

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

" I will go wherever my quest for community service takes me as I continue to have an undying loyalty to our region, its ideology, its values, and the members within. We are a region of stark exceptionalism in our institutions and their usage, and should be proud at what we have all developed. From the AM’s, to the newer members, to our old servicemen and women, we should be proud for the hand we have played in our creation and growth. We are what created Europeian exceptionalism."
-President WritingLegend Bids Goodbye to the Presidency for a Week and a Half​

President Cat
53rd President
58th Head of State
26 August 2017 - 2 September 2017
The Shortest Serving Head of State

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

"I deeply regret sharing the EAAC screenshots, and not making others in Europeia aware of the unfolding situation in KoGB. I know I’m not the best in Foreign Affairs and I made a really dumb decision. But I have learned a lesson, and although I never committed any illegality because as President I lead the EAAC, it has taught me to be careful who your friends are, careful who you trust, and most importantly to make sure you have a strong support group to help you through it."
-President Cat resigns following KoGB Scandal

President WritingLegend
54th President
59th Head of State
2 September 2017 - 3 November 2017
The Only President to Serve in Consecutive Terms Without Running for Re-Election

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).png

"This will, perhaps, be the last time I address the Republic in this esteemed office, or any elected office. Consider it a partial retirement, with a clause for appointed Cabinet positions where needed. If it is, these four-hundred and eighty days have truly been terrific and memorable. If not, so long until next time. The Presidency has been the highest honor in my NationStates career, and it has been beyond satisfying to lead our policy forth for two years. We may have hit bumps, we may have hit sharp turns, but we sure drove our esteemed region forthward. "
-President Writinglegend Bids Farewell For the Final Time

President Brunhilde
55th President
60th Head of State
4 November 2017- 11 November 2017
Only President to be Banned While in Office

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

"Well, fuck."
- Drecq Upon Reading the Ban Announcement.

President Rach
56th President
61st Head of State
11 November 2017 - 12 February 2018
Probably the Last President to Post a Crossword Puzzle

Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

"I hereby resign as President of Europeia
-President Rach Resigns Following Presentation of Recall Pettition

President Malashaan
57th President
62nd Head of State
12 February 2018 - 24 March 2018
Expressed Concern about state of Presidency

Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg

"It was an honor to serve as always. It was hard work and it was exhausting, but it was worth it. When Rach resigned, it never crossed my mind to do anything else but step up. By that point in the term, I had already seen enough to realize that we needed to adapt. Our approaches to many things had become stagnant, and we were relying on the same people to keep things running time and time again. "

-Malashaan in his End of Term Speech

President HEM
58th President
63rd Head of State
24 March 2018 - 2 June 2018
Embarked on Ambitious Executive Reform

Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg

"Europeia has never had an era in her history where people have not had problems with it. In the past I have pined for what our region was like seven, eight years ago, but truthfully there has never been a golden era without some rust around the edges.I truly believe that we have the resources necessary for another golden age. We have sheer numbers that we could never have dreamed of in echelons past. We have an infrastructure of champions — systems and institutions that have stood the test of time. We are only missing one thing:You.We need your participation, your energy, your ideas."
-President HEM's Opening Address

President Deepest House
59th President
64th Head of State
2 June 2018 - 11 August 2018
Lead Europeia though an Exceptionally Slow Summer

Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg

"Serving as president has been a great honor. The region is full of wonderful people who contribute in myriad ways, and these people are the lifeblood of our community. It's important to recognize that we all do our parts for the region, and no matter how large our differences may seem, we are all united by a common love for Europeia. Whether your contribution is large or small, I want you to know that I personally value every contribution made by each and every citizen. "
-
President DH's Closing Address

Last edited:
President Ervald
60th President
65th Head of State
11 August 2018 - 28 August 2018
The Second President in Consecutive Years to Resign in August

Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg

"Instead of being delighted to see my friends at school in the morning or getting on the bus that is heading home, I am just filled with anxious anticipation of what I would have to deal with the rest of the day. Instead of an hour spent on studying, I am spending 10 minutes on studying and the other 50 minutes trying to defuse a situation on Discord. I am describing to you how I feel in vivid details because I don't want to give the impression of someone who quit the moment they found out the task they had was a little bit harder than they thought it was. I know we criticize that kind of attitude. The reason I am resigning from the Presidency is not just because despite trying to overcome obstacles, it is wearing me down more than I thought. "
-President Ervald Resigns

President Drexlore Greyjoy
61st President
66th Head of State
28 August 2018 - 14 September 2018
Only the Second President to Resign after Ascending in one term

Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg

"My fellow Europeians, I come to you today on a feeling of mixed emotions. One on hand, I am in extreme joy that I have finally reached the office of President, a dream of mine since joining and getting involved in government. On the other, it comes with extreme sadness ascending this way on the back of the resignation of my friend. It is a weird feeling to have and a weird situation to be in. I know the Vice President is always on the cusp of stepping up, you just never think it will happen. "
-Drexlore Speech on Assending to the Presidency

President Sopo
62nd President
67th Head of State
14 September 2018 - 16 February 2019
First President to Declare War in a Decade

Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg

"Why, then, would a well-established, even-keeled, and open-minded region such as ours ever go to war? Because we are gravely threatened by something. Not an army marching to our doorstep, but an existential threat. Because at the very core of our enemy is an ideology that demeans our stature as a region and questions our very right to exist, let alone co-exist"
-
President Sopo Requests a Declaration of War on the NPO from the Senate.​

Last edited:
How come these people get avatars related to them?!

This is an injustice. I have to be Bill bloody Clinton still

Probably the Last President to Post a Crossword Puzzle

My sides.
All because I was frustrated :p That had me chuckling too, though.

I like this update to the Portrait Gallery, but I do like HEM's actual PG for the reasons CSP stated above.

This is funny and also useful
Hopefully not too helpful. How the founder of the region perceives a president is what makes the portrait gallery interesting.
Yeah, exactly. Honestly just using the avatar based on what someone already uses is less interesting than what HEM does, which is pick characters inspired by how he perceives them.

This is funny and also useful
Hopefully not too helpful. How the founder of the region perceives a president is what makes the portrait gallery interesting.
Yeah, exactly. Honestly just using the avatar based on what someone already uses is less interesting than what HEM does, which is pick characters inspired by how he perceives them.
HEM definitely just used some of the avatars I had when I was president.

I’m pretty sure that’s true for more than just Sopo, I believe SD had the doctor who avatar as well.

When people had reoccuring avatars that were fitting I’d definitely use them. They also had to be human though (I.e. Sopo would never be a sloth).

Back