ERI Restores: Imperial Portrait Gallery II

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
ERI New Logo revised.png

ERI Restores: Imperial Portrait Gallery II
Hello again Europeia, apparently this is something that at least a decent number of you have asked for since the last iteration was released. I had held off on doing anything on the off chance HEM would update the traditional portrait gallery but that dosen't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon. So here we go, every HoS from the Executive Split to the Remerge.

President Kuramia
63rd President
68th Head of State
16 February 2019 - 1 March 2019
The Last Person to serve as President before the Executive Split

kura.png

"In the last couple months, Europeia has been anything but inactive. From a call to effort from our founder HEM all the way to a reimagining of how our government functions, we have shown through a desire to exist that we can push through the mire of stagnation toward new growth. We stand on the cusp of a new age in Europeia, exciting and daunting all at once. "
-President Kuramia's Inauguration Speech

Cheif of State Kuramia
3rd Chief of State
69th, 70th & 71st Head of State (Joint)
1 March 2019 - 4 August 2019
The Second Person to serve in two different HoS positions consecutively

kura.png

"This term, I want to set a stage for all future Chief of State's. I want them to place Europeia on this stage to shine. My first passion in this region has always been Foreign Affairs, and I cannot rightly express the joy I feel. I want to share this emotion, so if you want to join in, follow these links. Do something to pull the curtain back on our region! "
-Kuramia's Second Inauguration Speech in Less than Two Weeks

First Minister Rand
1st First Minister
69th Head of State (Joint)
2 March 2019 - 3 May 2019
3rd Longest Time to HoS to date

c9e7d9d48964ac444c6eb982dfb3ea65.jpg

"HEM’s appointment is important both to me and the Chief of State; EuroWorks was a keystone item on both our platforms. Civil service reform has long been a talking point for our executive government, and since I devised this new plan, I’ve been grateful to work with many respected leaders in developing it and eventually preparing to see it to fruition. After all, the civil service is the great mule of our region. Though visions change and opinions are swayed, our civil service works hard to bring our ideas to life and keep our region running. EuroWorks is a major improvement to how we develop and organize this critical area of government. I am eager to see EuroWorks work for Europeia."
-FM Rand expresses displeasure in Inauguration speech kicking off a contentious relationship with the Senate

First Minister Lloenflys
2nd First Minister
70th Head of State (Joint)
4 May 2019 - 5 July 2019
Highest Rank a Birb has Reached in Europeia

lloen.jpg

"My friends, as it was inevitably destined to do, the time has ticked away on my term as your First Minister. While the term for me is finishing with rather more of a whimper than a roar, I am pleased with the early work done this term, I'm proud of the work done by the ministers who stuck around for the term, and I'm satisfied with the decisions that I've had to make on issues such as legislation and citizenship apps while serving as your First Minister. I wish the time had been present (as I'd intended!) to fulfill my campaign promises and to really have a rockin' term, but simply put I didn't."
-Lloenflys reflects in his end of term speech

First Minister Pichtonia
3nd First Minister
71st & 72nd Head of State (Joint)
6 July 2019 - 18 November 2019
Only First Minister to be Re-Elected

pichto.jpg

"And yet, these four long, exhausting, fabulous, challenging months were also the most exciting time I had in Europeia. I saw us progress, new and old members alike make careers in Europeia. I sometimes got great reviews and sometimes I got reviews that we still have to work on. ?
All in all, it is and will be a good time. And I am grateful to you for that, Europeia."

-Pichtonia reflects in his final speech as First Minister

Chief of State Prim
4th Chief of State
72nd Head of State (Joint)
5 August 2019 - 6 November 2019
Completes the longest String of First time HoS

7fa6479d6ee28407b60ecc7afd198234.jpeg

"While we have seen newcomers rise into higher office and steadily advance, we have also seen a decrease in competition in our elected offices. Our recent Senate election was non-competitive, along with the most recent First Minister election as well as this Chief of State election. Several of our ministries and councils have seen some improvements in staffing and leadership potential, but our executive offices and legislature have been struggling to attract new voices. We must be mindful of the health of our region and our political gameplay moving forward. Engagement and participation are critical to the success of our region."
-Prim speaks on the activity issues faced by the region in his Inauguration Speech

Chief of State HEM
5th Chief of State
73rd & 74th Head of State (Joint)
6 November 2019 - 3 February 2020
Over a 12 year gap between Chief of State terms

HEM II.jpg

"In the last few weeks, we have lived out that vision yet again — thirteen years later. We saw two tickets competing to convince the People's representatives to invest the trust of the region into them. In a race where the importance of longevity didn't hold a candle to passion, ideas, and accomplishments, we saw life breathe into the lungs of our storied democracy. It is our legacy."
-HEM Gives his Inauguration Speech

First Minister Calvin Coolidge
4th First Minister
73rd Head of State (Joint)
19 November 2019 - 31 January 2020
First HoS to have a EO Repealed in over 4 years

hand-drawn-panda-with-sunglasses-and-bow-tie-vector-15521763.jpg

"However, by the next Senate election, things had returned to the status quo, with all results being public throughout the voting period. Since that time, there has been no action from the Senate or the Chancellery to guarantee that the private ballot will return, so I am using the power that I have to do so for all elections, excluding Chief of State, since those votes are posted directly on the Senate floor and the election itself is already isolated from the general public in ways that make it a poor fit for this system."
-Calvin Defends the Issuing of EO 97

Last edited:

First Minister Maowi
5th First Minister
74th Head of State (Joint)
1 February 2020 - 15 February 2020
First Person of this Era to Resign

The_Snowman_poster.jpg

"I am resigning as First Minister. It's been a privilege to know you all but IRL pressures have been making this way more stressful than it should be, so I'm leaving NS. "
-Maowi Resigns

Chief of State Pichtonia
6th Chief of State
75th, 76th & 77th Head of State (Joint)
3 February 2020 - 2 May 2020
First Person to be Elected to Both FM and CoS

937785c11c741f98448fcf86bf2e83e9.jpg

"These are the battles we must fight, continue to fight. In an online world where hating "others" is becoming a currency, we have no moral choice but to take a strong stand against all forms of hatred. And for that I extend a hand to you, our citizens, to invite you to work in one of our Councils. Whether in the Navy, the Council of World Assembly Affairs, as writer in External Communications or ambassador for Foreign Affairs - we need you. We have strong allies who are fighting this fight with us, and likeminded regions across NationStates. And yet, in the end, a single voice could make a difference."
-Pichtonia gives his Inaugural Address

First Minister Sopo
6th First Minister
75th Head of State (Joint)
13 February 2020 - 28 February 2020
The 3rd Person to Ascend and Resign Within One Term

gentleman-sloth-with-monocle1591575-posters.jpg

"When I took office as first minister three weeks ago, I felt bound by duty to take up the mantle of leadership again for the good of our republic. Nonetheless, I don’t think I’m the man for the moment. The reason Maowi and I originally flipped our ticket was to bring a new generation of leadership to the fore. After considering the challenges that lie ahead, my own motivations, and what I think is a genuine yearning in the region for the next generation to step up, I have decided to resign."
-FM Sopo Announces his Resignation

First Minister DAX
7th First Minister
76th Head of State (Joint)
28 February 2020 - 14 April 2020
The Second Person to become HoS for the first time through a Resignation

"I definitely won't be the first to say that this term has been a little crazy. Having taken office as the third First Minister this term, I can safely say that there was some cleaning up to do. Although I look back on this short term wishing I had tackled things differently, or even wishing I had more time. But even though I had fun being your First Minister, I will be passing this job on to one of the lovely candidates that have stood before our region requesting our votes. However, before we find ourselves barreling into a brand new term, let's take a moment to recognize some extraordinary people and their work from this past term."
-DAX reflects on the turbulent term

First Minister Istillian
8th First Minister
77th Head of State (Joint)
15 April 2020 - 21 June 2020
Last First Minister to Serve a Full Term

a886cdd7f75dfd33b67e79c871adcd6d.jpg

"I suppose the thing that I'm leading to, is that whatever your journey has been, however you found this region, and whoever your mentors are, there are those that build you up and make you a better person, and a better leader, even amongst failure, criticism, and defeat - so looking back at this term, and my Europeian career, I feel like I've made my fair share of mistakes, some at the expense of my own lack of experience in some fields, and yet I also feel that I have seen a lot of success in others, and I hope that I've been one of those mentors to people in those areas most of all."
-Istillian reflects on his term

Chief of State Malashaan
7th Chief of State
78th Head of State (Joint)
3 May 2020 - 26 July 2020
Last Chief of State

2e92715b350827f04230366885e660d5.jpg

"We head to the polls tomorrow to elect our first President of a new era. It looks to be a close race, which is a testament to the strength of the three candidates on the ballot. I have an obvious interest in the outcome as the running mate of one of those candidate, so I will do no more than encourage you to carefully consider your options and vote for the person whose leadership you think will most benefit the region in the next 70 days."
-Malashaan Closes his term looking forward to the new era of the Presidency

First Minister McEntire
9th First Minister
78th Head of State (Joint)
21 June 2020 - 26 July 2020
Last First Minister

image (1).jpg

"As I reflect on the Executive Split, I think about one of its purposes: to reduce burnout. Of course, I wasn't here when the split was proposed, but I saw the accelerating trend that necessitated its existence: we ask a lot of our Executive leaders. The Presidency became a much-harder job, with the expectation being perfection. Our government became more sprawling, Ministries became more specialized and professionalized. And our Presidents got burned out.

That is not to discount the value of oversight and accountability. But that is to say, as we enter a re-merged Executive, we should do it with eyes wide open, remembering the problems that came before. And when we seek to criticize, contribute as well. Building community is a process of addition and multiplication, not subtraction and division. I have seen many leaders cycle through Europeia, I have seen many crash and burn and fail. I have seen many regional moods, from jovial and abundant to lean and (frankly) mean. And we have succeeded most when more people have been invested in our success. We have failed most when we have resorted to factionalism, criticism, and disengagement.

So this is a plea, on behalf of the Presidency and the region: show up, get involved, and contribute to our collective success. Let's lift each other up, and then we as a region shine, united. Give each other grace, as you would expect grace in return."

-McEntire Reflects on the Closing Era​

Attachments

• 6008970.jpg
    6008970.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 194
  • ist.jpg
    ist.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 141
  • 2e92715b350827f04230366885e660d5.jpg
    2e92715b350827f04230366885e660d5.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I don't know if this was done on purpose or not, but Dax has Dakota's discord profile image for her portrait? :p

hmmmm this is good. we probably need a restoration of the portrait gallery that can include GraV's studious work
Trying to pawn your project off on someone else

Back