ERI Presents: Every Minister Ever

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
1590209430427.png

ERI Presents: Every Minister Ever
Good Evening, or Morning Europeia, this article represents the culmination of multiple weeks of work compiling data on cabinet positions in Europeia. This was obviously used in a more specific matter for my previous article How Often Does The Senate Reject Cabinet Nominees? but here, I'll be providing the entirety of cabinet members for the duration of Europeia's history, at least according to the senate archives. Additionally, in terms of the time in position statistic I'll note that they may not be entirely accurate as I just used the date of the next nominee rather than track down a million resignation posts that could be anywhere. Regardless, here we go!

1590210162508.png
Above you can see a graph of the top 20 cabinet members in terms of days served. CSP has a sizeable lead over the region's founder HEM with over 200 days more in the cabinet. It's interesting to note that all of the top 14 have, or had ovations (with hy's and Anumia's being revoked). Writinglegend in particular is hurt the most by his time in the Presidency as he only comes in 6th in terms of time in the cabinet itself. You can scroll through a breakdown of everyone and their time in particular here.

Moving on to the particular positions, we shall begin with Culture, which is our longest running position, existing from the very begining of Europeia. Interestingly enough, Gustavus Adolphus Rex, someone who I was entirely unaware of until I began this project is the longest serving culture minister with their tenure coming in 2011-12 and notably never served in any other cabinet position. In second place is Drexlore Greyjoy who served dualy in 2013 and 2017 in this role, followed by the most recent person on the list DAX, who notably put in 3 consecutive terms earlier this year. Also interestingly, PLX comes in 5th, with culture being the cabinet position he held the longest in his reputable Europeian carear. Finally, in comparision to the other 3 longstanding Europeian positions Culture has the most diversity with over 66 unique nominees, likely due to the longheld perception that is a great place to slot a newcomer.
1590211866263.png
The next highest is Foriegn Affairs, which like culture has been around under one name or another throughout Europeia's entire existence. The top five are shown bellow, with traditional FA heavyweights Anumia and CSP taking the top two spots. They are curiously followed by Lethen, who evidently was the top choice for the foreign affairs position in the very early days of the region (2007-2008). Around that same time and swaping in and out with Lethen is Cordova I with Sopo, due to mostly recent terms, coming in fifth. Foreign affairs is much less likely to have new faces as despite being around for just as long as culture, it only has about half the unique nominees at 39.
1590211850254.png
The third position that has basically been around since Europeia's inception is that of Grand Admiral. As you can see the vast lionshare of this goes to CSP who spent almost 60% of his time in cabinet in this particular position. He is followed by other longtime GA's in Kraken and WL along with the early work of Lethen and HEM, who has boosted his numbers by stepping in to fill this role again in 2019. GA is evidently even less accessible than Foreign Affairs with only 33 unique nominees over the course of Europeian history.
1590212295789.png
The fourth most present position is Attourney General. Drecq clearly has a massive lead above everyone else, essentially swapping back and forth with Malashaan from 2013 to 2017. This top five also contains another Europeian who I was not aware existed, Peaceful Llamas, who served as AG for the majority of 2012. Finally, AG is about as accessable as the Grand Admiral position with approximately 35% of the nominations being unique or new people. You can also obviously see this fact by the top holders having double or tripple the top compared to a ministry like culture.
1590212723559.png
The fifth most present position is Communications. Recently ovated Kuramia comes out on top with Calvin Coolidge and Punchwood, now Lime, following. Notably these numbers sqew towards recent times and Comms, or as it was founded, the Ministry of Media did not exist in the Europeian cabinet until 2011. In terms of accesibility MinComm is right up there with Culture having, 33 out of a total of 52 nominations be unique for a total of 63%, slightly shy of Culture's 64%.
1590213282204.png
The sixth most present position is Interior. This ministry suffers from being split up and then re-merged over the years. With Recruitment, Integration, Immigration and Welcoming all being seperate entities over Europeia's existence. In terms of Interior itself though famed recruiter Asperta comes out on top in terms of service. He is followed by Aex who held the position for two terms in 2016 after his long absence from the region. He is followed by an aray of more recent ministers since about the 2014. In terms of accessibility, Interior also ranks pretty high with 49 out of 76 holders being unique, tyeing Culture for the highest percentage of 64%.
1590213811512.png
The second to last position is World Assembly Affairs. A relatively new ministry since 2016, this has been heavily dominated by our present Delegate Aexnidaral Seymour. Followed by breifly former delegate Ervald and former delegate candidate Kaboom. Interestingly, if we disregard the fact that it has a much smaller sample size than the other ministries, it is hypothetically as accessible as Culture with 16 of 25 nominees being unique. Evidently, there were quite a few who served only one term as MoWAA and then never proceded to do so again.
1590214192589.png
The final position is Radio, which is also a relatively new ministry, though it falls behind WAA due to it ocassionally being folded in and out of the Ministry of Culture. Interestingly enough, frequent Radio host Sopo, fails to make the cut for the top five and even more interesting, the now banned Cat, holds the lead over Calvin Coolidge by over a whole term to the present date. The Ministry of Radio consequently has a relatively low accessibility rate with 11 out of 25 nominees being unique (45%). That puts it above the foreign affairs side of thing but decisvely bellow it's fellow internal ministies.
1590248181244.png
That will about wrap it up for this article. Thank you for bearing with me through what might be a bit of a lengthy one. Oviously there is just oodles of data, and while I could slowly eek it out over time I've decided to share the spreadsheet with you all. That is located here. In the spreadsheet you can see many of the piviot tables layed out to show the whole lists of the top in each position ect. Additionally, that link has the ability to make edits to the sheet so if you want to do any particular cross-anayis of the data included feel free. I've made a personal copy so you all do not need to worry about messing it up long term. Let me know in the comments or my DMS if you find anything super interesting before I do!

Attachments

• 1590211144000.png
    1590211144000.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 1590211328556.png
    1590211328556.png
    38 KB · Views: 131
  • 1590211824835.png
    1590211824835.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 1590214579528.png
    1590214579528.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
This is fantastic Grav! I've really been enjoying some of the historical data on players I never expected to be on these lists, or just didn't even know about, but clearly have had a big impact on Euro.

This a fantastic piece! It's really interesting seeing all of the data and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

This is an amazing piece of work! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I'm really surprised that I'm so high up there in Communications.

Just one small thing, you seem to have be down as having only served 12 or 13 days as MoI, which definitely isn't true as I served a full term. I just raise this point in case you've accidentally mis-counted anyone else, thus affecting the results of your data. Hopefully it's me.

This is an amazing piece of work! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I'm really surprised that I'm so high up there in Communications.

Just one small thing, you seem to have be down as having only served 12 or 13 days as MoI, which definitely isn't true as I served a full term. I just raise this point in case you've accidentally mis-counted anyone else, thus affecting the results of your data. Hopefully it's me.
I’ve fixed it. Over the past week, since publishing the first article, I’ve tried to comb through and find all the errors and typos that come from manually imputing most of this data but I have no doubt there are a few other things that slipped through the cracks. A huge plus of giving the whole region access is that when everyone goes through and looks specifically at things I might not have, we can find those errors and inconsistencies as a whole community. Additionally when the issue is fixed on the main sheet the data cascades to all the pivot tables instantly, so fixing errors once we find them is quite easy.

In general this should be a living document. I input the “end date” of the present cabinet as the TODAY function, so if your in the cabinet look at the spreadsheet tomorrow your totals should be one higher. Further, i’ll try to keep it updated as time goes on, so it can continuously be a great resource for anyone curious about Europeia’s past.

This is an enormously interesting article and resource. Thank you, Grav!

Ya GraV this is a fantastic project, and actually a realization of a project I started years ago to do the same thing....I flew too close to the sun in trying to get the precise resignation date of everyone who resigned, and while that may be a project worth pursuing someday this gives us a great baseline.

As you noted, there are some things missed // errors as to be expected with something this huge. I'll drop changes into the doc as I can, but wow, a great resource as is.

Great work! Really interesting stuff here. I'd be interested in a chart of cabinet size over time as well in view of the recent discussions about blissy bloat.

This was really interesting! Out of curiosity, was there a reason you excluded the Ministries that may have been one- or two-term projects and then were disbanded? Or is that in the raw data somewhere?

The raw data is in the spreadsheet he linked. I went and looked up r3n's term as minister with penguins.

I think it's hilarious that the only time in my decade+ of being here that I was a minister, I was Minister of Finance of all things. Almost certainly because some idiot wanted to start an economy and I was appointed to spite the plan, given my hatred for NS economies.

Also good article 10/10 keep digging lol.

Ya GraV this is a fantastic project, and actually a realization of a project I started years ago to do the same thing....I flew too close to the sun in trying to get the precise resignation date of everyone who resigned, and while that may be a project worth pursuing someday this gives us a great baseline.

As you noted, there are some things missed // errors as to be expected with something this huge. I'll drop changes into the doc as I can, but wow, a great resource as is.
Thanks HEM. If anyone remembers that they resigned early ect. definetly either just let me know or edit it yourself. A side effect of not looking for all the resignations and firings is that if someone was fired and not replaced before term end, they get credit for the whole term because I don't have any way of knowing that occured, since it wouldn't be in the Senate archives. There's also just like wonky errors, like Prim and I just figured out there was a wierd space (Prim_) that was affecting the tables.

Also and a bigger omision that probably should have been mentioned at the top, is there is a set of nominees missing from PLX's second term in 2009 that started September 18th. It wasn't in the Senate archives and while there are other PLX posts that came up discussing winning in a party subform, I counld'nt find anything with the actual nominees. So unless someone else posted it and it just got severly miss filed, I suspect it got anihlated in the forum transfer or something along those lines.

This was really interesting! Out of curiosity, was there a reason you excluded the Ministries that may have been one- or two-term projects and then were disbanded? Or is that in the raw data somewhere?
As Mal said everything is in the spreadsheet itself. I didn't include a write up of the other once a term ministires as there wasn't much to talk about. I might to a cabinet fun facts article down the line with things like that for citizens who don't want to comb through the massive spreadsheet. But have to fear Lethen I assure you your term as Minister of Finance has been recorded for eternity :p

I fixed a couple instances where there was an Aex and an Aexnidaral, lowering Aex' WAA total term length, because it was listing those separately --

This is an awesome piece of work GraV!!! Interesting stuff to look through, thanks for taking the time to put it all together

Someone should give this guy a job doing this excellent work for the government! :p

Seriously though, this is awesome.

Someone should give this guy a job doing this excellent work for the government! :p

I think people would have been fine with R&D, but it was bad timing with GraV's schedule. It literally was a department devoted to what GraV loves to do and it might have been great, if the timing had worked out better and GraV had more time to attend to it. I don't fault GraV for the situation around R&D, it was a rough situation, RL comes first, but otherwise I think he does a great job all around and I'm glad to see him stepping back into the spotlight.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I do really appreciate it. Also, I feel like I'm parenting, but someone made a chart and removed the filters from the spreadsheet and added some random numbers so I reverted it back to a previous version. Also this chart is effectively just the time served pivot table if your looking for the number of times someone was nominated. Also if anyone is looking at the Pivot tables and confused about how to do things in google sheets/excel, I'd be happy to help, just hit my Dms!
1590297021273.png

I think people would have been fine with R&D, but it was bad timing with GraV's schedule. It literally was a department devoted to what GraV loves to do and it might have been great, if the timing had worked out better and GraV had more time to attend to it. I don't fault GraV for the situation around R&D, it was a rough situation, RL comes first, but otherwise I think he does a great job all around and I'm glad to see him stepping back into the spotlight.
On R&D in particular, I think obviously had I not been nuked with RL problem one after another, I certianly could have accomplished what was set out for that term, projects like this however, are not really something a R&D type ministry could accomplish in a term and show like actual results under normal circumstances. I did this over a 3 week period, in which I had literally nothing else to attend to, basically on my own, though shoutout to Siph for helping a little. In a regular circumstance where I have like a 9-5 job to attend to, I figure this is like a 6 month project minimum. So unless we would dedicate a significant team to projects like this, which I don't think would be a great idea as it would likely draw from more important tasks, real results probably would not be evaluable on a term by term basis.

Also, tbh if offered a R&D type ministry again I'd definetly be really heasitant to accept it because I do very much like that I've kinda built a brand and a back-catalog of regional data. Also doing these type of huge projects can obviously get monotonus really fast and I think it's immportant to be able to take significant breaks inbetween projects if I need to. That isn't necessarily something I would necessarily be able to do if I was doing this in an official capacity. So while I'll definetly apply these root skills to Senate, Ministries or like as a Justice, I don't think it would be any better to just do this exact same thing with a Ministry.

I'll also note at the end here, that while I don't want an official ministry team, I'm happy to accept help or help anyone out if you have a research idea. If there is ever any data I might have that'll help out make a project definetly just hit my Dms and I'll be happy to share! I'm happy to host other people's projects here if they want to or just assist in any data oriented thing for their own outlets def hit me up!

Back