ERI Poll: Europeian First Minister Election Priorities

GraVandius

Retired Troll
Pronouns
His Majesty
Untitled_design (1).png

Europeian Election Preferences
Hi All, thank you to all 28 citizens who took this quick poll. We here at the ERI asked the public to rank the following six aspects of a First Minister candidate in order of what they value the most when looking to vote. The six aspects were a High Quality Platform, Length of Activity in the Region, Executive Experience, Sociability on Discord, Senate/Judicial Experience and "New Face".

Based on mean ratings, Executive Experience came out way on top with a mean rating of 4.96 out of a possible 6. This is to be expected as in my opinion definetly having that relevant leadership experience is something I look for in an FM. Coming in a close second is a high quality platform. The Citizens of the region still highly value a well put together pitch of ideas for the term. This comes is second likely for the sentiments that a commentator expressed "The most important thing to me is have you done SOMETHING and shown that you're capable of doing it reasonably well. A good platform is important but I need to know you aren't all talk.".

Coming in a relatively distant third is Length of Activity in the Region. This was meant to represent not only how long an individual has been in the region but how long they have been contributing in some form or another. Conversely, in a strong fourth place is Sociability on Discord. This is something that might be a bit higher than expected in my book. I think it's a fair assumption that this is higher than the rating for "Sociability on Skype" would have been circa 2015. It represents a shift in regional priorities that likely took place a few years ago at this point. Regardless, for a fair number of citizens being able to interact with the candidates on Discord is a high priority and certainly almost a necessity in competitive races.

In fifth is Senate/Judicial Experience. This experience obviously provides less relevant skills than Executive Experience but can still demonstrate work ethic ect. I did not expect it to come in high in the poll but I was at least slightly surprised it is less valued than Sociability as one at least represents work being contributed to the region. Finally in last place is "New Face" or in other terms the candidate simply being fresh and new to the region/leadership roles. This poll clearly demonstrates that while some hold it over other factors just being new is not going to provide any significant boost in a campaign.

Forms response chart. Question title: Please Rank the Following. Number of responses: .

Above I have attached the "raw data" in chart form representing the individual rankings for your viewing pleasure. The data mostly holds up. Executive Experience received the most "6 (Highest Priority)" Votes with High quality platform receiving the second most along with the most "5 votes". Length of activity received a clear middle of the pack consensus from the region as it received the vast lions share of "4" votes. Sociability received a relatively high number of low priority votes along with a smattering of high priority votes, representing perhaps a generational divide in it's perceived importance. Senate/Judicial experience received just a slightly higher number of low priority vote without as many passionate supporters giving it "5s and 6s". "New Face" Comes in a clear dead last with the most low priority votes.

In Conclusion, I've attached both a graph representing the Median and Mode along with the poll comments. All in all I think this poll has illuminated what at least a large segment of Europeians value in terms of First Minister candidates. These averages will also be used as weights to develop a rudimentary model that will be published in The Arnhelm Review of which these series of articles are a partnership with. So make sure to check that out Here!
Whitmark for FM
I'm going to view "Executive Experience" as meaning "experience doing something as a minister or deputy minister or something similar" and am also going to read into it a judgement ON that experience. The most important thing to me is have you done SOMETHING and shown that you're capable of doing it reasonably well. A good platform is important but I need to know you aren't all talk.
Was hoping for more declared candidates by now.
I'm not opposed to voting for a veteran member, but we have some great new talent and I hope to elect one of them FM.
I really wish I could put 0's on some of these things...
Quite the short poll. I also wonder if the results for "new face" will be skewed towards new members.
i feel another question should be added, persistence. as in, how persistent was the person in trying? were they a one and done deal or a keep trying till the end?

Attachments

• 1573614025458.png
    1573614025458.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
My ranking is exactly the same the as this average of rankings. I feel accomplished.

I think this mostly makes sense. Truthfully, I don't think the placement of "sociability on Discord" is nuts. I think I probably put it last, but I don't really put huge value on judicial/senate experience either. Having a good relationship in the community might be more important than legislating, to be honest.

I'm glad it isn't on the forefront of our citizens, but there is some significance to sociability, so I can see its location in the surv ey.

I think this mostly makes sense. Truthfully, I don't think the placement of "sociability on Discord" is nuts. I think I probably put it last, but I don't really put huge value on judicial/senate experience either. Having a good relationship in the community might be more important than legislating, to be honest.

IMO for executive offices I really don't care about Judicial/Senate experience. I do insofar as it being a metric to judge their work ethic/activity/etc, but not really as a particularly good skill check for FM, or something. I definitely think, personally, that I'd weight activity/community interaction higher than Judicial/Senate experience.

My thinking is in a similar vein to HEM and Aex's. It makes sense; people want to "know the candidate." Even in a community as (relatively) small as ours

To me, sociability in the discord is highly correlated with transparency and frequent connection with citizens, a "won't disappear after election" type metric.

Back