HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his

WITH JUDY FLECK MODERATING.:​

Judy Fleck: "Ladies and Gentlemen, from ENN Good evening. Tonight we are joined by an all-star panel. From the left, Nobel Prize winning economist and Princeton Professor, Paul Krugman."

Paul Krugman: "Good evening."

Judy Fleck: "From the right, former United Kingdom Prime Minister, John Major."

John Major: "Good evening."

Judy Fleck: "From the..."

J. Leno: "We still aren't really sure."

Judy Fleck: [laughs] "From the center, we have J. Leno. All three are regular ENN contributes, and it is an exciting night tonight."

Krugman: "Exciting? We certainly will see..Let me stage the first bet tonight. The three candidates who campaigned will win. The end."

Major: "My esteemed colleague is probably referencing the fact that two Europeian oligarchs will ride the wave of public nostalgia and political capitol to return to their cushy seats. Which for the record, they probably will."

Leno: "Hold on, Peaceful Llamas isn't exactly a babe in swaddling clothes. I don't think this race is as clear cut as my friends are trying to put it."

Krugman: It's a cycle this region is constantly in. One that flees and seeks incumbency on a cyclical basis. If we used common sense, we would filter a few newcomers in every Senate, but instead we either block them out completely or we hand them the keys to the liquor cabinet and tell them to keep it safe. Let's get real folks."

Judy Fleck: "We seem to be operating under the assumption that Europeia has digressed recently. I don't think that assumption would receive universal acclaim with the public."

John Major: "You'll pardon my friend, Paul, he's quite the alarmist."

Paul Krugman: "Better than a dumbass."

Jay Leno: "...This is a live broadcast."

Judy Fleck: "Not for long at this rate. Folks, we'll be right back."

I'll keep that liquor safe in my belly.....

Nice article. I think I would agree with the "filter a few newcomers in every Senate" idea.

Judy Fleck: "And we are back."

John Major: "I was just telling my esteemed colleague about how it is imperative to have a strong foreign policy."

Paul Krugman: "John and I actually agree here, nevermind that he is trying to preach to me the book that I wrote. We have to be more aggressive in foreign affairs."

John Major: "Aggressive? No no no. What we need is to be visible. People need to know that we exist, that we are functioning. We don't need to be bullies."

Paul Krugman: "Why not? Seriously, why not? Did Gatesville become powerful and influential because it 'knew people'. No. They became that way because they have power and they used it. That's the whole deal."

Jay Leno: "Can't we use our power without being a bullies?"

Paul Krugman: "Sure we can. But it won't be nearly as compelling for the short lived and newbie run Nationstates news organizations to report."

Judy Fleck: "I'm sure we will get back to this discussion. In other news, let's take a look at the current vote counts."

PhDre  [ 10 ]  [26.32%]
Abbey Anumia  [ 10 ]  [26.32%]
Anumia  [ 9 ]  [23.68%]
Duncan Grey  [ 5 ]  [13.16%]
Peaceful Llamas  [ 4 ]  [10.53%]

Judy Fleck: "PhDre and Abbey Anumia lead the way with Anumia right behind. Any surprises here?"

Paul Krugman: "My friends' plutocratic state appears to not be materializing. Both Duncan Grey and Peaceful Llamas are showing a strong run. Even if they don't win, they will be well placed to win next time."

Jay Leno: "I think voter turnout is interesting. We only have 13 voters having cast ballots so far, but I think that how many ultimately do will be an important story."

Judy Fleck: "We will be back, right after this."

Back