Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
"ENN Series: Why Stay On-Site?"
HEM Tiberius
Managing Editor

In a special series, ENN will be interviewing nations who have been in Europeia—sometimes for years, but have not spent any significant time on our off-site properties. We'll get to know these nations, and maybe, understand a little better why they chose to keep the game on-site. Our first interview is with The Vivacious Beauty of Bralia. Well-known, at least among old-timers, simply as Bralia.

HEM: Do you remember exactly when you joined Europeia?

Bralia: My memory for specific dates in my life like that is literally the worst. I don't even remember which year I graduated from high school. What I do know is that I've spent the vast majority of my NS life in this region, for sure.

HEM: You were active in the region for a long time, and tons of people tried to get you involved in off-site gameplay. What held you back?

Bralia: I certainly tried to give it a shot. I signed up and joined the off-site at least twice, I think. The problem was that the offsite was such a small community compared to the rest of NationStates. It was a toned-down casual party compared to the vast hordes of the rest of NationStates. I like the NationStates general forums because it's ALWAYS alive with tons of people to interact with. It's just a more fun experience to always have somewhere and someone to talk to and get an immediate response. Sadly, despite Europeia's great size among regions, it's just not large enough to satisfy that itch.

HEM: What enjoyment did you get out of the game, and specifically Europeia, without that off-site element?

Bralia: The part of Europeia that IS large and active is the RMB. When I first came here, that was the spot. People were welcoming and fun. This was a place where the people didn't make me feel obligated to join the offsite and that was okay. Sadly, I think most of the people I enjoyed being around moved on from the RMB, which is why I'm not even there anymore. There is Lethen, who is of course one of the constants of Europeia, but he's just one guy. Also, whenever I get the very rare urge to play the Issues game, this is the best region for me to be competitive in.

HEM: What made you want to stay in Europeia all this time?

Bralia: Got nowhere else to go. :p. A more positive spin on it is, why would I leave at this point? This place is permanently nice and comfortable. There really is nowhere else that looks like it ticks ALL of my boxes like Europeia does.

HEM: Are there any big events of note in Europeia that you recall? I ask because I'm curious as to what larger happenings people who aren't obsessively following the day by might remember.

Bralia: I'll occasionally jump in for the big state-sponsored events, not unlike the trivia one that just started. The last one I was involved in was the trading card game. That was a fun one.

Very interesting. Great to have folks like Bralia hanging around, even if nothing we do here seems to have the slightest impact on them.

Very interesting. Great to have folks like Bralia hanging around, even if nothing we do here seems to have the slightest impact on them.
Lol @ thank you

If we can lure @DictatorAnna10 onto the forums and get her to stay active, we can do the same with Bralia. Soon. One day. Maybe.

Back