ENN Presidential Debate Liveblog - Nov 2021

I feel like Darc was punching up in a situation where he could have realistically positioned himself as the front runner.
Isn't punching up a good thing? Or are you saying he should have put himself into the position of a front-runner instead of acting like he had to punch up to his competition?
The second part. He should have put himself into the front runner position
So we want him punching down? :p
Not necessarily. Rather, I feel like the nature of the questions asked was of a candidate who was trailing by quite a bit. I think Darc would have been better served by not going after the other candidates at all

I...who is Sky Haven? Why does it matter?
It’s a region SkyGreen founded.
My questions stand.
You mean, why does it matter?

I don’t know. Conflict of interest, maybe?
There is none.
Yeah, I disagree with you there Kuramia. Being founder + chief executive + head of the legislature of another regions gives fair reason to ask questions about it. It's why there has been a trend toward more foreign affiliation disclosure when it comes to campaign — it impacts decision making.

That's before you even get to the dynamic of Sky Haven's founding members including a lot (if not all?) members of Europeia. Europeia doesn't have ownership over any of those people and they are 10000% free to do whatever they want, but that can also introduce some weird dynamics where there is a large contingent of the region in another region. It's not something that will decide my vote, but it's a very fair question.

I...who is Sky Haven? Why does it matter?
It’s a region SkyGreen founded.
My questions stand.
You mean, why does it matter?

I don’t know. Conflict of interest, maybe?
There is none.
Yeah, I disagree with you there Kuramia. Being founder + chief executive + head of the legislature of another regions gives fair reason to ask questions about it. It's why there has been a trend toward more foreign affiliation disclosure when it comes to campaign — it impacts decision making.

That's before you even get to the dynamic of Sky Haven's founding members including a lot (if not all?) members of Europeia. Europeia doesn't have ownership over any of those people and they are 10000% free to do whatever they want, but that can also introduce some weird dynamics where there is a large contingent of the region in another region. It's not something that will decide my vote, but it's a very fair question.
This is a more detailed explanation that I was looking for. Thanks!

Reactions: HEM
Back