End of Term - Executive Satisfaction Poll Analysis

End of Term Executive Satisfaction Poll
Results and Analysis December 2019

Written by Calvin Coolidge, Xecrio, and Maowi

As the term for both the domestic and foreign executive closes, Europeian citizens took part in the customary executive satisfaction poll, whose results and analysis are posted below.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the domestic executive as a whole?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Overall Executive Satisfaction
In what can be seen as a very successful term for the executive, the poll returned an overall approval rating of 90.9 percent, boasting a 0.0 percent unsatisfied rating. There is broad consensus that the executive has had a steady hand, but has been willing to try new ideas.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with First Minister Calvin Coolidge?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
First Minister Calvin Coolidge Satisfaction
The first minister still returns an impressive 86.3 percent approval rating, although this is slightly lower than the midterms and can be put down to the lack of support over executive order 97. Only 2 out of 22 respondents stated they were dissatisfied with the first minister, so it's likely that the first minister can take this rating as a positive end to his term.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Second Minister Dax?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Second Minister Dax Satisfaction
Having ascended to this position not at the start of term, Dax still returns an impressive 86.4 approval rating. While this rating is still high, it is likely a reflection of the reduced power and role the second minister has in comparison to the first minister. The second minister only returns a 4.5 percent disapproval rating, which shows how Dax has worked well in this position.
Calvin turned in a pretty good term despite the EO
Steady hand, but willing to try new ideas
Calvin really jumped the shark.
There's no point in polling on how Dax is doing 'as Second Minister'. Dax has a real job to judge them on (MinCult).
--> EO 97 <--
The heavy handed attempt to pass the EO really soured me on Calvin. I had thought he was finally showing the leadership qualities he was lacking after his first term as President but it feels like he just regressed. What makes matters worse is that instead of meeting the criticism he decided to enlist allies to help him attempt to meme away criticism which just made matters worse. Dax did well replacing Rach but a little more activity would have been nicer but overall, it won't hurt her.
These two are very communicative and engaged in the region. Love it!

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Minister of Communications Xecrio?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Ministry of Communications?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Ministry of Communications Satisfaction
Minister of Communications Xecrio improves significantly from the midterm executive satisfaction poll, returning a 95.4 percent approval rating and an impressive 0 percent disapproval rating. In terms of the ministry itself, it is clear that concerns about the dispatch squad have been addressed as the ministry returns an overall approval rating of 90.9 percent. The ministry did return a 9.1 percent rating of unsure, which shows that there is still work to be done for the ministry to gain the fill support of all Europeians
Yay dispatch squad!
Great articles this term, Xecrio is looking to be a gem in this position.
Nate has proven himself this term, and shown he is able to lead, and adapt to change course if needed. Glad we have dispatches again.

Ministry of Radio Satisfaction
Cuddles and his ministry's satisfaction ratings are unusual in that there seems to be a fairly significant preference towards cuddles' individual performance in contrast with the Ministry of Radio's performance overall; he has earned himself 77.2 percent approval, while the ministry as a whole has 63.6 percent. This may be attributable to cuddle's appeal when he is on-air, and his good directing of broadcasts - which have however been relatively inconsistent, bringing the ministry's ratings down a notch. The comments seem to reflect this sentiment at least to some extent.
An uneven term, but the last weeks have been really strong.

Cuddles had a good strong turn around towards the end of this term, which he should be commended for - radio has been great these last few weeks!

neutral as haven't listened to anything.

Cuddles takes a step forward and two back.

Is there content?

Ministry of Culture Satisfaction
Second Minister Dax has achieved incredible 100 percent approval ratings both for herself as minister of culture and for the entire ministry - a feat that mirrors the great activity seen from the Ministry of Culture and that driven in the region overall by its events. Satisfaction with her individual performance is stronger than with Culture overall (72.7 percent were very satisfied with her, as opposed to 63.6 percent with the ministry). For similar reasons to cuddles, this could be a consequence of her slight downtick in activity towards the latter end of the term; the excellent and thoroughly planned festivals and events throughout the term however more than compensated for that in the eyes of the electorate.
Phenomenal work from Dax.

Hunger Games really made this end if term, absolutely loved this, well done to Dax!

Dax is a great overall MoC but I feel like making her wear two hats led to overall quality issues. Weekend Games schedules weren't being posted regularly and Dax's activity dipped randomly before her announcement to run then not run for FM, causing Deputies to pick up the slack or attempt to explain away the lapses.

Ministry of Interior Satisfaction
In contrast to several others on this poll, Rand's satisfaction ratings are far lower than those of the Ministry of Interior. His 54.6 percent approval, just about surpassing the halfway mark, is likely a result of his inconsistent levels of activity, while recruitment in the region has been seeing fairly substantial work put into it, boosting Interior's rating to a very much higher 81.8 percent. 2 poll respondents expressed dissatisfaction with the ministry nonetheless, maybe with the apparent lack of active integration efforts in mind, which relied entirely on Rand's presence, unlike recruitment.
Wish Rand was more active, but the recruiters have been great.

Rand fell off a bit the past week or so
What happened to that competition?! Rand vanished.

Rand has been a ghost this term, only occasionally popping up to remind the region that we do in fact have a MoI.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the foreign executive as a whole?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Overall Foreign Executive Satisfaction
With 86.3 percent approval and 0 percent unsatisfied, the Foreign Executive finds itself slightly more popular with the region since the midterm, showing an increase of 6 points, with the comments pointing to a quiet term.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Chief of State HEM?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Chief of State HEM Satisfaction
The chief of state earns a 90.9 percent approval, remaining consistent with his midterm mark of 90.5. It seems that the region does not fault HEM for the quiet term, and approves of the way he has conducted himself.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Vice Chief of State Pichtonia?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Vice Chief of State Pichtonia Satisfaction
Earning a 95.2 percent approval in this role, Pichto has improved by nearly 10 points since the midterm. This is likely due to increased favorability of his term in Foreign Affairs, as there has been little public activity from Pichto in this role specifically.
No point in polling on Pichto 'as Vice Chief of State'. Pichto has a real job (CoFA).
Aside from the attempt to overthrow TNP, it's been largely quiet. Some more news would have been nice.
Not much to say. Keeping things running.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Counselor of Foreign Affairs Pichtonia?  . Number of responses: 22 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Council of Foreign Affairs?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Councillor of Foreign Affairs Pichtonia Satisfaction
With a stunning 100 percent approval, Pichto tops every other member of the Council, and improves on his already impressive midterm score of 95 percent approval. While the comments don't point to anything in particular that they find impressive about Pichto's work this term, it is clear that his work has been appreciated widely by the region at large, and could explain why he is as of now unchallenged in his bid for the chief of state position. Similarly, his council itself finds a 90.9 percent approval rating, albeit with one very dissatisfied respondent.
Not much to say here

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Grand Admiral Bowzin?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Europeian Republican Navy?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Grand Admiral Bowzin Satisfaction
After achieving new heights, here is where the Council begins to stumble. After previously earning 76 percent approval in the midterm, Bowzin slips to 68.2 percent now. While this isn't much of a drop, it is notable that the Europeian Republican Navy (the Navy) itself outperforms Bowzin, earning 77.3 percent approval, and the only comments left by respondents critique the way the Navy is being run, and a perceived lack of activity.
I liked that our Navy was more about precision than shotgun-style raiding. I'm disappointed that we're now 'just like everyone else'.
Very disappointed in the lack of activity from the ERN and Bowzin.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Counselor of World Assembly Affairs Aexnidaral?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Council of World Assembly Affairs?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Councillor of World Assembly Affairs Aexnidaral Satisfaction
Aexnidaral (Aex) earns himself 81.8 percent approval, dipping slightly from his midterm mark of 85.7. This can be chalked up to the collection of more netural responses, as Aex still has 0 percent unsatisfied responses. His council itself earns identical scores to him, showing how closely the two are linked in the public's eye.
Aex tries to keep this relevant, that's all I can ask for.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with Counselor of External Engagement Sopo? . Number of responses: 22 responses.
Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfied are you with the Council of External Engagement?. Number of responses: 22 responses.
Councillor of External Engagement Sopo Satisfaction
Earning the lowest score of all councillors, Sopo has an approval rating of 50 percent, with a large number of neutral responses. This is a noticeable drop from his midterm mark of 57 percent approval, which was also the lowest rated of the councillors at the time. His council earns even lower scores, making his the only council to drop below 50 percent approval, earning only 40.9 percent. The comments point to confusion over what Sopo or his council does, and a lack of activity.
What even goes on here?
Still don't get why we need this or what Sopo does.

Attachments

• 1580477576611.png
    1580477576611.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
The images on here got a little messed up, probably during an edit.

The images on here got a little messed up, probably during an edit.
I noticed. Sorry about that. You should still be able to view them by clicking the attachment link.

These approval ratings all seem artificially high; I wonder why that is. Are we all just that content? And is that a good or bad thing?

These approval ratings all seem artificially high; I wonder why that is. Are we all just that content? And is that a good or bad thing?
I haven’t actually checked but my theory would be that the region’s expectations were significantly lowered prior to Pichto’s first term. The delight of someone really pushing the gears forward again after a rocky summer, probably inflated his popularity and it seems despite it being a few terms later that the bar of expectations still remains low relative to historical precedents.

I totally didn't bribe a bunch of people into being satisfied with my performance or anything.

I agree, I think a lack of critical voices outside of the administration is probably not a good thing long-term. I know we have the elections to voice our displeasure and choose who we want, but we still do have other means to influence the government.

I think one unintended consequence of the Executive Split is that it's obfuscated who is responsible for what, and probably more difficult to hold people accountable. This coupled with a less adversarial political culture, largely dead private media outside of covering elections, has really made it a lot easier to coast.

There's a lot of other reasons I'm sure, but those are two big ones I've thought about.

After achieving new heights, here is where the Council begins to stumble. After previously earning 76 percent approval in the midterm, Bowzin slips to 68.2 percent now. While this isn't much of a drop, it is notable that the Europeian Republican Navy (the Navy) itself outperforms Bowzin, earning 77.3 percent approval, and the only comments left by respondents critique the way the Navy is being run, and a perceived lack of activity.
I actually find this interesting cause I feel I did better in the second half of my term. Both behind the scenes and publicly.

I always vote "unsure" when it comes to anything I'm in. Try to stay unbiased.

I liked that our Navy was more about precision than shotgun-style raiding. I'm disappointed that we're now 'just like everyone else'.

I can only assume this was from an older member of our community who hasn't participated in modern raiding often, and if you have -- sorry. This just reads like an older player who misses The Good Ol Days.

I'm assuming (and yes I know what they say about assuming, but I didn't get much to work with here xD) that you're talking about the method of raiding that we used just a year or two ago as it separated a lot from other orgs in terms of practices. Aka where we would make clean nations, put into late updating regions, jump into a target, then M+E our raid point. As a lady who's dedicated the last year and a half to training new raiders, I can assure you that this method is not going to make us a competent military in modern R/D.

This lacks training on faster switches, lacks training on tight jumps (M+E moves always need more time than a typical pre-endorse op which normally has a shorter trigger time, and the majority of ops such the current one of ASEAN REGION then previous ones like Iran, Cretanja Queendom, North Ustaynga, New Western Atlantic, and Anontia all had pre-endorse points), and lacks training on the more advanced mechanics of the game. Joining the modern era of raiding does not take away from our identity or makes us like everyone else by default, it just means that we aren't stuck in 2013 with practices defenders can detect (and yes, defenders 100% could detect the other quickly through basic spotting). If we're worried about losing an identity, I ofc urge you to either (re?)join the ERN or get active in it with leadership beyond running a tag raid.

There are definitely things we can keep from the old ways and continue to practice them as to not lose those skills, but we were never more precise with the old ways. We were basically the TITO of raiding in terms of working with modern mechanics.

Sorry if any of this came off rude or textwall-ish (I prefer giving examples ;p), and I'd love to talk to you more about this if you'd be willing to, whether here, forum pms, or on discord where my username is Dakota (should be easily findable in the discord ;p)

Last edited:

I can only assume this was from an older member of our community who hasn't participated in modern raiding often, and if you have -- sorry. This just reads like an older player who misses The Good Ol Days.

I'm assuming (and yes I know what they say about assuming, but I didn't get much to work with here xD) that you're talking about the method of raiding that we used just a year or two ago as it separated a lot from other orgs in terms of practices. Aka where we would make clean nations, put into late updating regions, jump into a target, then M+E our raid point. As a lady who's dedicated the last year and a half to training new raiders, I can assure you that this method is not going to make us a competent military in modern R/D.

This lacks training on faster switches, lacks training on tight jumps (M+E moves always need more time than a typical pre-endorse op which normally has a shorter trigger time, and the majority of ops such the current one of ASEAN REGION then previous ones like Iran, Cretanja Queendom, North Ustaynga, New Western Atlantic, and Anontia all had pre-endorse points), and lacks training on the more advanced mechanics of the game. Joining the modern era of raiding does not take away from our identity or makes us like everyone else by default, it just means that we aren't stuck in 2013 with practices defenders can detect (and yes, defenders 100% could detect the other quickly through basic spotting). If we're worried about losing an identity, I ofc urge you to either (re?)join the ERN or get active in it with leadership beyond running a tag raid.

There are definitely things we can keep from the old ways and continue to practice them as to not lose those skills, but we were never more precise with the old ways. We were basically the TITO of raiding in terms of working with modern mechanics.

Sorry if any of this came off rude or textwall-ish (I prefer giving examples ;p), and I'd love to talk to you more about this if you'd be willing to, whether here, forum pms, or on discord where my username is Dakota (should be easily findable in the discord ;p)
Yeah, I'll echo Rachael here. There's merit in still training in more covert-style missions because there are rare occasions where those tactics make sense. On the whole, though, we've been more competitive and able to establish more outside partnerships by getting in line with invasion best practices.

When I took over as Grand Admiral last spring, I was in a good position to evaluate a lot of ways we did things and impartially weigh tradition against innovation. We've made a lot of changes since then, not all of which have been universally acclaimed, but it'd be tough to argue that we are in a weaker spot than before.

Back